Jump to content
akmal1985

I-485 Was delivered but I-94 expired

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife came to the U.S. on November 2018 with K1 Visa. We got married in November and gathered all required documents for her green card and mailed the I-130 with I-485 package to the USCIS. The USPS tracking shows it was delivered on January 25th 2019 but we still haven't heard anything from USCIS. Her I-94 has expired on February 8th will this be a problem even though USCIS got the package on the 25th of January or should I call them and ask for the NOA? Thanks for your help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, akmal1985 said:

My wife came to the U.S. on November 2018 with K1 Visa. We got married in November and gathered all required documents for her green card and mailed the I-130 with I-485 package to the USCIS. The USPS tracking shows it was delivered on January 25th 2019 but we still haven't heard anything from USCIS. Her I-94 has expired on February 8th will this be a problem even though USCIS got the package on the 25th of January or should I call them and ask for the NOA? Thanks for your help. 

Why did you send the I-130? If she arrived here on K1 you should've submitted I-485 (GC), I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP). I-130 is a spousal visa application and N/A if she already came on K1. This might confuse USCIS a lot, but maybe they'll throw out your application (I-130) If I were you I would call USCIS to explain before things get weird.

 

It can take about 1-2 weeks to get the NOA. If you don't have a case number you can't request a NOA. You could try to call and see if hey received the I-485. Since you were married within the 90 days you're good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NikLR said:

if you married within 90 days you didnt need to send the I-130. 

Huh, when I did the research a lot of articles said I still needed to file I-130 with I-485 together. I myself applied for green card (a while ago and I am a U.S. Citizen now) when I was in the U.S. I remember sending I-130 with I-485 together as well. So you are saying I didn't need to sent I-130? Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, akmal1985 said:

Huh, when I did the research a lot of articles said I still needed to file I-130 with I-485 together. I myself applied for green card (a while ago and I am a U.S. Citizen now) when I was in the U.S. I remember sending I-130 with I-485 together as well. So you are saying I didn't need to sent I-130? Thanks. 

Did you yourself come here on any other visa, then got married and then adjusted status? That would be a reason to send the I-130.

You mentioned in your first post your now wife came here on a K1. In that case you should not send the I-130, it contradicts with the K1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, C90 said:

Did you yourself come here on any other visa, then got married and then adjusted status? That would be a reason to send the I-130.

You mentioned in your first post your now wife came here on a K1. In that case you should not send the I-130, it contradicts with the K1.

Oh shoot. Will this be a problem now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×