Jump to content

Filing taxes after K1 + foreign income

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! I came to the US on K1 in November 2018 and got married in the following month. Prior to that I was working in my country.


My husband and I filed for AOS, however received RIE asking for the 2018 tax documents. We haven't filed yet, but obviously we want to do it asap.


I read several threads that were here and also the IRS website, however that made me very confused.


We want to file joint. Can you recommend where should I start from if filing the taxes myself or a good CPA that's knowledgable about this? Obviously the latter is easier option for us. We already contacted CPA that gave us a wrong advise (that I don't have to declare my income when filing jointly because I have SSN).



Thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.