SamirAB

received a 221G Casablanca for Immigrant Visa for a Spouse

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
37 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

there is a facebook page for ds5535

and if NVC asked for it ,  they just wanted it filled out to send with the packet,  they did not investigate the answers

if embassy asked again,  they wanted to check the answers from one at NVC to the embassy submitted form

answers need to match

and you are in for a long AP

incha allah,   all will go faster than i predict

but please,  keep us informed so we can help others

best to you

okay sounds goo I will keep you posted. I am not sure why they asked for the passport if they planned on holding it for months. In that case we will ask them to return it so that she can travel to meet me in April in europe.

Let's hope for the best!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, SamirAB said:

okay sounds goo I will keep you posted. I am not sure why they asked for the passport if they thplanned on holding it for months. In that case we will ask them to return it so that she can travel to meet me in April in europe.

Let's hope for the best!!

they have kept many passports while ds5535 is checked/ they do not want the Moroccan free to travel no matter how long it takes as that would require additional security checks as having your passport allows you to travel to countries not approved by US

hopefully your AP will be fast

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
17 hours ago, SamirAB said:

The first time the NVC requested it. This time the consulate emailed her the form 1 or 2 days after the interview. Everytime they don't like something they request the Admin processing. It's like black waiting whole.

I hope we hear something next week like your friend from Meknes

Do you know if the lady from Mekness who got her VISA a month after interview did submit the DS-5535? If that's the case there is hope. If not it sounds like we have to have extreme patient. 

I hope if she asks for her passport that it will not delay the process they can't prevent people from traveling while doing their investigation.

Timeline
18 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

there is a facebook page for ds5535

and if NVC asked for it ,  they just wanted it filled out to send with the packet,  they did not investigate the answers

if embassy asked again,  they wanted to check the answers from one at NVC to the embassy submitted form

answers need to match

and you are in for a long AP

incha allah,   all will go faster than i predict

but please,  keep us informed so we can help others

best to you

Please ignore my last inquiry. I juts saw the answer from previous thread. Looks like the lady from Mekness did't get the DS-5xx form. Makes sense. It's inhuman to hold the passport for a long time. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, SamirAB said:

Please ignore my last inquiry. I juts saw the answer from previous thread. Looks like the lady from Mekness did't get the DS-5xx form. Makes sense. It's inhuman to hold the passport for a long time. 

may seem inhuman but TangierMorocco  a member on here has waited since December 2017

the people who get ds5553  don't like it but it keeps them from traveling to a country deemed hostile to the USA while they await the ds 5535 investigation

if they were allowed to hang onto the passport,  they could travel and it would require additional security checks/  even buying a ticket to Europe  friendly country as you can travel from there to anywhere

immigration  is working hard to protect our country,  our citizens and even the beneficiary (with rules  that keep a foreigner safe  like the Adam Welsh Act)

Timeline
On 2/13/2019 at 9:37 AM, adil-rafa said:

may seem inhuman but TangierMorocco  a member on here has waited since December 2017

the people who get ds5553  don't like it but it keeps them from traveling to a country deemed hostile to the USA while they await the ds 5535 investigation

if they were allowed to hang onto the passport,  they could travel and it would require additional security checks/  even buying a ticket to Europe  friendly country as you can travel from there to anywhere

immigration  is working hard to protect our country,  our citizens and even the beneficiary (with rules  that keep a foreigner safe  like the Adam Welsh Act)

There are some who have been waiting since May, 2017. In comparison with other countries, Morocco seems to have the longest waits. My wife and I are so for the Extreme Vetting for the very reasons you mention above. However, waiting for over one year seems brutal and almost inhumane. One can not help but think the motive is more political than anything else. Some on the Morocco Ds-5535 group will complete two years in few months.

Honest-Love-Respect

Timeline
On 2/17/2019 at 9:10 AM, Derik-Lina said:

There are some who have been waiting since May, 2017. In comparison with other countries, Morocco seems to have the longest waits. My wife and I are so for the Extreme Vetting for the very reasons you mention above. However, waiting for over one year seems brutal and almost inhumane. One can not help but think the motive is more political than anything else. Some on the Morocco Ds-5535 group will complete two years in few months.

agree but the form also puts a huge amount of additional work on the embassy without preparing them for the process (hiring additional to do the investigating)

our government will eventually see the need for more case workers but they seem to always put the cart before the horse by making laws or rules that require a bigger workload and even sometimes no way to enforce  

this new ds form makes work for the embassy or when the application is returned to the US ,  Homeland Security does the clearance work and

at no time when deciding to make this form a possible extra step did they hire extra staff to do the security investigation and now,  it seems ,   they hand it out to all from Fes and north morocco/ that's a lot of people

Timeline
23 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

agree but the form also puts a huge amount of additional work on the embassy without preparing them for the process (hiring additional to do the investigating)

our government will eventually see the need for more case workers but they seem to always put the cart before the horse by making laws or rules that require a bigger workload and even sometimes no way to enforce  

this new ds form makes work for the embassy or when the application is returned to the US ,  Homeland Security does the clearance work and

at no time when deciding to make this form a possible extra step did they hire extra staff to do the security investigation and now,  it seems ,   they hand it out to all from Fes and north morocco/ that's a lot of people

I doubt the embassy handles the Ds-5535. I think it is sent to the DOS and DHS and that is why the process is very long.

Actually, I hope I am wrong because if these forms stay local, things should move quicker.

Honest-Love-Respect

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Derik-Lina said:

I doubt the embassy handles the Ds-5535. I think it is sent to the DOS and DHS and that is why the process is very long.

Actually, I hope I am wrong because if these forms stay local, things should move quicker.

the embassy does have to tell you if the case is returned to the US so yours must still be in Casa

Timeline
31 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

the embassy does have to tell you if the case is returned to the US so yours must still be in Casa

I meant to ask if the DS-5535 is done in the States or at the Consulate. 

Honest-Love-Respect

Timeline
1 minute ago, Derik-Lina said:

I meant to ask if the DS-5535 is done in the States or at the Consulate. 

looking like some done by embassy and others sent back for Homeland security

the other guy interviewed same time as your wife has already been told his was returned but you have  not heard this

Timeline
23 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

looking like some done by embassy and others sent back for Homeland security

the other guy interviewed same time as your wife has already been told his was returned but you have  not heard this

I like to believe that they are going through the forms fast enough to have made a decision on the person you mention.

Honest-Love-Respect

Timeline

Well in the back of the 221 (G) it clearly state that due to the load of work at the embassy it's taking 6-9 months for AP.

She was put under AP at the NVC once before it took them 3-4 months to complete AP (I am assuming) and they submitted the file for the interview. She was refused the visa and given the 221G and they emailed her the DS 5535...

I hope I didn't confuse you. I am confused why they requesting the DS5535 twice. It sounds to me like there is a disconnect between NVC and the Embassy. I am thinking to send an email to embassy asking them why she has to go through the DS5535 twice within the same app. They can request results from NVC or whoever does this so called Processing

Timeline

so guys they got the email and it is the ds 5535 but just trying to follow instructions and just complete things. for anyone that has had to do this, it says do not scan the document to keep in word form and send back but you can't sign it if you aren't allowed to scan it??  we are both confused as to how that works

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.