Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2019 at 9:05 PM, purem4g1c said:

Yeah some are free, but not all right? When I got my twinrix which is "hepatitis a/b" it costed me money. :o

Well that's not a required vaccination so that's why it was expensive. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/16/2019 at 11:50 PM, d24v said:

Now you get to wait some more. Wait for transfer to NVC, wait for case number, wait for transfer to MTL, wait for P3, wait for P4. 

If you don’t have your immunization records and your police check done, I would start on those. You can do your DS-160, but I would wait until you have a case number because they are only valid for so long (and it doesn’t take a million years to fill it out).

We were just over two months from NOA2 to interview schedule (November 13-January 18). Our interview is February 27, so 3.5 months after NOA2. 

I read over immunization info on the link provided in this thread. back in November my Dr did the antibody  blood tests and said I didn't need more immunizations. Is this good enough? From what I read it seems to be. 

10 minutes ago, Blondie0216 said:

I read over immunization info on the link provided in this thread. back in November my Dr did the antibody  blood tests and said I didn't need more immunizations. Is this good enough? From what I read it seems to be. 

Yes.  Bring the evidence of the titre tests.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Currently waiting in airport after a visit with my fiance and checking my status! 

Changed to 'in transit'

Received by NVC Feb.6 and got # around the 11th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, F + S said:

Found out yesterday that my case is in transit to the Montreal consulate!! 😊 

Does anyone know how I can tell when they receive it? Will the consulate notify me by email?

Congratulations! Your CEAC status should change to “ready” when they receive it. Also, you can use the DHL hack to see when it physically arrives there. Instructions are in Greenbaum’s first post in the NOA2–>NVC thread. I think just 2 Canadian VJ petitions went out yesterday and yours was one of them!

Timeline
2 hours ago, F + S said:

Found out yesterday that my case is in transit to the Montreal consulate!! 😊 

Does anyone know how I can tell when they receive it? Will the consulate notify me by email?

They will notify you of very little via email.  You would think they would send P3 via email, but they haven't even been doing that.  

But yeah, it'll change to ready once they receive/process, and then the date will update again on the day they actually mail your P3.

Timeline
3 hours ago, F + S said:

Thank you both for answering!! 😊 

It now shows "Ready"!! 

Hope it won't take too long for them to mail Packet 3 🤞😂

Ours was sent at the same time as yours. I saw through the DHL tracking that they arrived and were signed for in Montreal earlier today!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, KevJo said:

Ours was sent at the same time as yours. I saw through the DHL tracking that they arrived and were signed for in Montreal earlier today!

I saw that too! So exciting 😊 

Did you check your case status on the ceac site? I'm sure it updated to "Ready" for you too! 

Timeline
13 hours ago, F + S said:

I saw that too! So exciting 😊 

Did you check your case status on the ceac site? I'm sure it updated to "Ready" for you too! 

Yep :) It's ready!!

Going into crazy mode now...trying to get wedding plans in place as well as getting paperwork organized...having trouble getting the picture on the DS-160 to load as well lol

5 hours ago, KevJo said:

Yep :) It's ready!!

Going into crazy mode now...trying to get wedding plans in place as well as getting paperwork organized...having trouble getting the picture on the DS-160 to load as well lol

Congrats! The DS-160 photo is SUCH A B-WORD. It took us HOURS. Also, I'm sure you know this, but don't make any wedding plans that can't be changed until visa is in-hand! 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MeghanK said:

Congrats! The DS-160 photo is SUCH A B-WORD. It took us HOURS. Also, I'm sure you know this, but don't make any wedding plans that can't be changed until visa is in-hand! 

Thanks :) Got it figured out finally and have confirmation in hand!! Does the approval expiry date not necessarily mean anything then?? We were thinking of a July wedding...giving a couple month leeway in case of delays after the interview.

Also...I've been researching, but not finding...how do I go about paying the fee and booking the interview...Or should I just wait until they've sent the package 3? Thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, purem4g1c said:

Does anyone know does a basic "tetanus" shot is the same as "Tdap"?

Nope Tetanus shot is different to Tdap, as far as i know they requiring Tdap for medicals which is a combination vaccine for Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.