Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm starting this thread for K-1 filers with a Jan or Feb 2019 NOA2 headed for a montreal interview.  

I find the Nov/Dec thread very helpful.  

Hopefully, we can do the same here. :)

I'm NOA2 Jan 22 still waiting for the NVC to receive my case. I believe Montreal interviews are already scheduling at end of March.

Timeline

I've called the 0888 number 3 times.  I've spoken with "Nadine" every time (she must think I'm crazy).  The last time I phoned was Friday Feb 8.  They had not received my case.  I'm really hoping they get it next week so maybe we can make the Feb 19 shipment to embassies.

Have you called?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My NOA2 was January 29. I'm due may 31 with our baby so I plan on doing the interview after that now :) no sense in rushing since Montreal seems so backed up

Timeline

22 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

My NOA2 was January 29. I'm due may 31 with our baby so I plan on doing the interview after that now :) no sense in rushing since Montreal seems so backed up

That's a great attitude.  It blows my mind that Phillipines is able to book interviews a few weeks from the time the embassy receives their case, yet we're looking at about 4 months from NOA2.  Like, NOA2 expiration territory!!

4 hours ago, Lana&Ivy said:

That's a great attitude.  It blows my mind that Phillipines is able to book interviews a few weeks from the time the embassy receives their case, yet we're looking at about 4 months from NOA2.  Like, NOA2 expiration territory!!

Like @Brylie also said, I think they got WAY backed up by the holidays, postal strike, then shutdown (people say it didn't slow anything but I think all of us over on the Nov/Dec thread would sure say otherwise...). Who knows. I think things are back on schedule, or getting there, and the incoming Jan/Feb applicants will probably move way faster! :) 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline
16 hours ago, Lana&Ivy said:

Wait, Montreal is 4 months backed up?! I thought maybe 1.5-2 months at most?

1 hour ago, Brylie said:

It has not, confirmed, been forwarded to the NVC yet.

😢 I’m totally bummed. Was praying for a fast turn around (as I’m sure everyone is)....

she promised it would be within the next two weeks.

Try calling NVC instead. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Petitions arriving to NVC typically have been taking 3-4 weeks from NOA2 to NVC arrival. @Lana&Ivy you will probably be this week or next and @Brylie you will probably be next week or the week after. And I just saw you have been calling NVC.... I'd stick to them over USCIS :) 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline

I really want to make that Feb 19 NVC shipment date, man!

10 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

From what it looks like right now, people with Nov NOA2 have booked March interviews.  Canada took a super long time sending out their P4s, and then everyone got them all at once.  As Meghan said, likely from the holidays, maybe from the shutdown.  Last summer it was about 2.5 months from NOA2 to interview.  Hopefully, they'll catch up and we'll get in there a bit sooner, but I'm not anticipating anything before May.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Brylie said:

It has not, confirmed, been forwarded to the NVC yet.

😢 I’m totally bummed. Was praying for a fast turn around (as I’m sure everyone is)....

she promised it would be within the next two weeks.

Ugh.  I'm sorry.  As of friday my case had not reached the NVC.  No idea if it's been sent by USCIS yet. 

I *do* know someone from the "JAN 2019 NOA2-NVC" thread with an NOA2 date of Jan 21 was shipped to NVC on Feb 1 and received by NVC on Feb 8.  So that shipment took exactly 1 week.  Just a bit of intel that may or may not be helpful!

Timeline

I just got off the phone with USCIS tier 2.  My petition has been "in the process" of being shipped to the NVC since Tues Feb 5, yet is still at the USCIS CSC as of Mon, Feb 11.  They're "working on it".  

NOA2: Jan 22. (on paper--yet the tier 2 agent told me Jan 23)

Timeline
On 2/10/2019 at 8:53 AM, PurelyRavage said:

Did you go to RCMP windsor or elsewhere for police clearance

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Blondie0216 said:

Did you go to RCMP windsor or elsewhere for police clearance

Have not gone yet. Will do it closer in April or May probably. Will go to RCMP office. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, PurelyRavage said:

Have not gone yet. Will do it closer in April or May probably. Will go to RCMP office. 

Ok thank you for replying 😊

Timeline
14 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

We are 3.5 months from NOA2 to interview (November 13 => February 27) and we got super lucky to sneak into Feb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.