Kaushal233

US tourist visa revoked

28 posts in this topic

Email the embassy. Failing that, go to the airport and if cancelled, you're unlikely to be issued a boarding pass. Yet failing that, you'd be put on a flight back home one you land in the US. 

But since you admitted lying, we REALLY don't want you in the US. The visa was obtained fraudulently!

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

are you kidding me?

you are asking us too late

we would have told you 

never lie to an immigration officer

to answer your question

now there is nothing you can do

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kaushal233 said:

Now my question is that is this normal thing to happen ?

Yes, it can happen.

Can embassy cancel visa like this on mere phone call ?

Yes, they can inform you via phone, as a courtesy call.

What if I try to travel and my visa has really been revoked ?

You will be denied entry (if you make it as far as that), and sent back home.

Alternatively, you would be denied boarding the plane in your home country at the airport.

Is there any official way from where I can check status of my visa?

Contact the embassy that issued the visa.

I am worried and don’t know what to do 

Consider another country for your upcoming vacation.  It won't be the USA.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

8 hours ago, Kaushal233 said:

During my interview I told some artificial things to interviewer.

just out of curiosity, what were some of the artificial things you said to the interviewer?

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

What's going on in your circle? Tug of war? You should try and get in touch with embassy through email.

To do what?

The OP's visa was rightfully revoked and they admitted to the reason why. There is no appeal on decisions like this. Filing for a new tourist visa would be futile because they have the OP's history of using "artificial" information on file. There is nothing left to do.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, NuestraUnion said:

To do what?

The OP's visa was rightfully revoked and they admitted to the reason why. There is no appeal on decisions like this. Filing for a new tourist visa would be futile because they have the OP's history of using "artificial" information on file. There is nothing left to do.

He said the person on the l

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, NuestraUnion said:

To do what?

16 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

He said the person on the l

*He said the person on the line 'claimed' to be from the US embassy. So he's not sure therefore I said he should email the embassy. Person could have been an impostor (you know he's based in India), and that's why I asked what's going on in his circle. True, he lied on his Visa so it may have or may have not been revoked. The US Embassy in some countries never calls anyone, maybe they do in India I don't know.

Edited by nastra30

1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

*He said the person on the line 'claimed' to be from the US embassy. So he's not sure therefore I said he should email the embassy. Person could have been an impostor (you know he's based in India), and that's why I asked what's going on in his circle. True, he lied on his Visa so it may have or may have not been revoked. The US Embassy in some countries never calls anyone, maybe they do in India I don't know.

But that’s a brilliant trap if it’s an impostor, because by calling to check he’s effectively admitting he lied on the form (otherwise, why worry) and he’ll give himself away that way. Same outcome. 

2 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Person could have been an impostor (you know he's based in India)

With friends like that who needs enemies?  :(  :) 

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

3 hours ago, nastra30 said:

True. But if he really did obtain the visa fraudulently, it would still be improper for him to use the visa. So whether the call was legit or not isn't really that important.

That said, I would be heavily inclined to believe the call was legit. It seems that they knew precisely what statements were found to be false from the DS-160 and/or the interview. Embassy/Consulate staff have been known to call as a courtesy for this purpose, too, so it's not like that's unheard of either. I would also presume the OP checked the phone number and it was not from anybody he knew.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.