30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is for a CR1, or spousal Visa. I'm pretty sure current processing times are 12-14 months, so hang in there, you don't hit the 12 month mark til 5/3/2019. It does suck though. I just started AOS for my wife, I'll be happy to hear something in a year, but the waiting is easier now that she is here with me. It's worth it in the end, and you will probably be better off with the CR1, as being able to work right away. That's a definite downside to the K1, but I planned for her not working for 6 months. She is currently in a 5 month school full time anyway, so she can't work until she is licensed.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

This is for a CR1, or spousal Visa. I'm pretty sure current processing times are 12-14 months, so hang in there, you don't hit the 12 month mark til 5/3/2019. It does suck though. I just started AOS for my wife, I'll be happy to hear something in a year, but the waiting is easier now that she is here with me. It's worth it in the end, and you will probably be better off with the CR1, as being able to work right away. That's a definite downside to the K1, but I planned for her not working for 6 months. She is currently in a 5 month school full time anyway, so she can't work until she is licensed.

12-14 months is incorrect info 

TSC are processing cases 6.5-8.5 months however that’s an estimate . My husband is eligible for the ir1 visa , we’ve already been married over 2 years 

yes it is easier I’m sure since your spouse is with you , good luck 

Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

I can only say our 2nd CR1 filed 2012 was in Nebraska office for over 10  months and then sent to Missouri for (HA HA )  faster processing

another 5 months

we finally got thru this system and interviewed in July 2015 and got our visa

make sure during this time you have seen him and spent a lot of quality time together

all a congressman can do with an inquiry is get a copy of the same (last) notice you recd

heartbreaking,  yes,  as you have  to disclose the most private part of your life and personal financial information before all is done

but there is a silver lining

you will get to the NVC stage

be well prepared at that time to pay the 2 fees and submit all needed documents thru the CEAC site

while you wait keep him informed of every bit of information big and small in  your life preparing him for the interview

and keep him confident 

sound off to a friend or to someone on here that you correspond with

don't take this frustration out on  each other

good luck to the both of you

Thank you 

I hope to see him soon. I saw him in November when we hit the 6th month waiting period then and we were anticipating an approval then , boy where we sadly mistaken . It’s been emotional for us both but we have each other to support even when things don’t happen the way we thought it would 

We waited 461 days. Yes it sucks it's stressful. But hang in there just continue to send inquiries every 30 days. That's actually how I found out we got approved. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, jeanita68 said:

We waited 461 days. Yes it sucks it's stressful. But hang in there just continue to send inquiries every 30 days. That's actually how I found out we got approved. 

Wow that’s a long time 

I recently put in another service request , hoping to hear some feedback other than more waiting time 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Visitor User said:

That’s not that long. I’ve been waiting almost 8 years.

Idk what you applied for 

however I am referring to i130 petition 

Timeline

A little advice, you should focus on having enough visits with your spouse, and your evidence and fees that are down the line, making sure your hubby is ready for his side of the process, his interview will be the highlight!!, he needs plenty of evidence that your marriage is bona fide, you cannot force uscis to hurry your case no matter who you contact, I'm not gonna convey things that could happen by harassing them, but your time would be better spent focusing on preparing for what's down the line, your husband interview will be filled with questions and no one knows what those questions are or how many there will be!, you have no idea how long the wait is if he isn't approved! this time your waiting now is nothing!! go back through the years here in Ghana portal and read up on Ghana embassy and prepare your self and hubby so you can have a great outcome. Just my advice from an experienced 5 year waiter, good luck in your journey.

3 hours ago, MMatrimony said:

Wow that’s a long time 

I recently put in another service request , hoping to hear some feedback other than more waiting time 

Yes it was long... 15 months! Now I'm just praying the rest goes by fast. 

Good luck to you! 

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 hours ago, Loren Y said:

12-14 months  from the time they received the case to interview. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, MrsBonsu said:

A little advice, you should focus on having enough visits with your spouse, and your evidence and fees that are down the line, making sure your hubby is ready for his side of the process, his interview will be the highlight!!, he needs plenty of evidence that your marriage is bona fide, you cannot force uscis to hurry your case no matter who you contact, I'm not gonna convey things that could happen by harassing them, but your time would be better spent focusing on preparing for what's down the line, your husband interview will be filled with questions and no one knows what those questions are or how many there will be!, you have no idea how long the wait is if he isn't approved! this time your waiting now is nothing!! go back through the years here in Ghana portal and read up on Ghana embassy and prepare your self and hubby so you can have a great outcome. Just my advice from an experienced 5 year waiter, good luck in your journey.

I saw your case sometime again . I hope you were allowed to finally book your interview 

19 minutes ago, AfricanQ said:

12-14 months  from the time they received the case to interview. 

Unfortunately it’s looking like it may be longer than that for us 

Timeline
1 hour ago, jeanita68 said:

Yes it was long... 15 months! Now I'm just praying the rest goes by fast. 

Good luck to you! 

Wow god bless 

hopefully things go smoother from this moment on 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, MMatrimony said:

Idk what you applied for 

however I am referring to i130 petition 

I-130 took almost 3 years.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

I-130 took almost 3 years.

Sorry about your challenges 

however everyone is allowed to feel away on this forum  regarding the circumstances they encountered . If it’s considered “ long” to my husband and I then that’s what it is .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, MMatrimony said:

Sorry about your challenges 

however everyone is allowed to feel away on this forum  regarding the circumstances they encountered . If it’s considered “ long” to my husband and I then that’s what it is .

Some have been waiting 20-25 years as well to get a Green Card. Just saying. It’s how the system is.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My husband was approved 2/22/2019. 295 days !

i guess we didn’t make the 300 day club . One week later the petition was sent to  NVC and was received 3/8/19 now it’s just another waiting game however I’m thankful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.