30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

As of today makes 282 days since the service center has received our petition . I’ll never stop praying or taking any course of action to get a decision made on this petition . Our case was out of the normal processing time 12/22/2018 where I sent the initial service request , that service request was responded to with a generated  email stating to wait 60 days ( which will make 10 months ) this case is with an officer and further review needed. 

I contacted my senator and  5 weeks later I received a response  postal mail that even after over 9 months our case was still not assigned and not in queue. 

The other senator responded to us after receiving our privacy from 3 weeks later stating at this time it was best to wait 30 days and contact them( aka do nothing ) 

The most recent course of action that has taken place is where I contacted Ombudsman for assistance however I received a email stating they’re closing our case because we are in the normal processing time . Once I sent Ombudsman a detailed email with receipts stating that information was incorrect I received a voicemail stating our case was back open and an apology for the mistake . Also I have sent in another service request as a USCIS rep has informed me I can submit one every 30 days from the initial response which I received 01/02/2019. 

I can’t believe this is my life , 😔😢💔. I’ve have interactions with certain people on this forum whom filed before us yet I tell them they’ve waited so long then they are approved and in the end we are waiting longer than them. My husband and I are heartbroken by all of this , and it feels like I’m living in a nightmare. Every avenue takin to get answer has been shut down with a generated response and rudely told to wait as if almost 10 months hasn’t been enough time 

s/N: Also I have spoke to two tier 2 reps . One encounter was nice and she said your case should be assigned soon however that never happened and the other tier 2 rep refused to submit a service request on our behalf VERBATIM: letting me know those were a waste of time and case approvals can happen with 11-12 months and everything in my case looked good and to wait . 

Timeline
2 hours ago, AnneA said:

I'm so sorry you have to through this 😔

Yes I am sorry too and don’t wish this pain on anyone . Trying to distract myself and do things that make me happy 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, MMatrimony said:

As of today makes 282 days since the service center has received our petition . I’ll never stop praying or taking any course of action to get a decision made on this petition . Our case was out of the normal processing time 12/22/2018 where I sent the initial service request , that service request was responded to with a generated  email stating to wait 60 days ( which will make 10 months ) this case is with an officer and further review needed. 

I contacted my senator and  5 weeks later I received a response  postal mail that even after over 9 months our case was still not assigned and not in queue. 

The other senator responded to us after receiving our privacy from 3 weeks later stating at this time it was best to wait 30 days and contact them( aka do nothing ) 

The most recent course of action that has taken place is where I contacted Ombudsman for assistance however I received a email stating they’re closing our case because we are in the normal processing time . Once I sent Ombudsman a detailed email with receipts stating that information was incorrect I received a voicemail stating our case was back open and an apology for the mistake . Also I have sent in another service request as a USCIS rep has informed me I can submit one every 30 days from the initial response which I received 01/02/2019. 

I can’t believe this is my life , 😔😢💔. I’ve have interactions with certain people on this forum whom filed before us yet I tell them they’ve waited so long then they are approved and in the end we are waiting longer than them. My husband and I are heartbroken by all of this , and it feels like I’m living in a nightmare. Every avenue takin to get answer has been shut down with a generated response and rudely told to wait as if almost 10 months hasn’t been enough time 

s/N: Also I have spoke to two tier 2 reps . One encounter was nice and she said your case should be assigned soon however that never happened and the other tier 2 rep refused to submit a service request on our behalf VERBATIM: letting me know those were a waste of time and case approvals can happen with 11-12 months and everything in my case looked good and to wait . 

Wow...so sorry u r going through this ..hoping u will get approval soon..

I am a April 2018 Filer and I have the same thing...did congressional inquiry and still way...I got a letter in the mail to wait 60 days for officer to review your case and make either decision or request correspondence...can’ t Believe Hellbraska is doing this...don’t know how much longer I have to wait...

17 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

I am a April 2018 Filer and I have the same thing...did congressional inquiry and still way...I got a letter in the mail to wait 60 days for officer to review your case and make either decision or request correspondence...can’ t Believe Hellbraska is doing this...don’t know how much longer I have to wait...

No one can say why uscis approve some cases faster than others. You need to have a lot of patience with this immigration process.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

Wow that’s insane however Nebraska is known for the extended times unlike TSC. I didn’t know it would be this long . It’s quite sad when you get notifications of people filing literally the same date as you and they are case complete and you’re still not appproves form the first stage . Even aware all cases are different it’s still disgusting 

1 hour ago, O&O said:

Wow...so sorry u r going through this ..hoping u will get approval soon..

Thank you I hope so 

Timeline

I just saw a video....if it taking longer than 9 months ...look into an attorney if you can and file  a writ of mandamus..or reach out to your congressman.

Those service requests are a joke

It should not take this long for an i130!!

Edited by Mrsamoah2019

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

I just saw a video....if it taking longer than 9 months ...look into an attorney if you can and file  a writ of mandamus..or reach out to your congressman.

Those service requests are a joke

It should not take this long for an i130!!

I’ll look into it, I just  get scared about dealing with attorneys because I feel they don’t have your best interest they’re more concern about money . Crazy thing is a couple I’ve communicationing with on here  just got approved after waiting 285 days , same country and service center as well . 

Timeline

My dear friend @MMatrimony. You've been encouraging me through my case so I always feel terrible that yours is not being approved. I know I've said this many times but keep being optimistic; your case will be approved soon. Always in my prayers.🙏

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can only say our 2nd CR1 filed 2012 was in Nebraska office for over 10  months and then sent to Missouri for (HA HA )  faster processing

another 5 months

we finally got thru this system and interviewed in July 2015 and got our visa

make sure during this time you have seen him and spent a lot of quality time together

all a congressman can do with an inquiry is get a copy of the same (last) notice you recd

heartbreaking,  yes,  as you have  to disclose the most private part of your life and personal financial information before all is done

but there is a silver lining

you will get to the NVC stage

be well prepared at that time to pay the 2 fees and submit all needed documents thru the CEAC site

while you wait keep him informed of every bit of information big and small in  your life preparing him for the interview

and keep him confident 

sound off to a friend or to someone on here that you correspond with

don't take this frustration out on  each other

good luck to the both of you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.