Olichka

Contradicting answers for DS-160

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey everyone,

So I'm filling out the I-134 and I've come across two questions. I have searched through Visa Journey but everyone keeps saying different things.

1. I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons. (If none, write "None" in the space for name below.)

Do I put my fiances name in this section ? Or is this referring to previous petitions ? 

2. I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the persons named in Part 2.

I've read that I should put " do not intend" and write a comment saying that this is for a K-1 visa, I've also read something that said I shouldn't put that I intend, because then I would have to list specific things. What I put down is "I do not intend" and in the comments section I put "N/A K-1 visa process"...is this wrong ? 

My mother is my co-sponsor, would she also have to put that she "does not intend?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just looked at the I-134 that I sent and here is my experience:

1. I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons. (If none, write "None" in the space for name below.)

Do I put my fiances name in this section ? Or is this referring to previous petitions ?  I put the beneficiary's name in this part.

2. I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the persons named in Part 2.

I've read that I should put " do not intend" and write a comment saying that this is for a K-1 visa, I've also read something that said I shouldn't put that I intend, because then I would have to list specific things. What I put down is "I do not intend" and in the comments section I put "N/A K-1 visa process"...is this wrong ? I checked the "intend" box and filled out Part 7 "Additional Information" with my full name and the sections pertaining to 3.a.."4" 3.b."3"  3.c."38" 38 and put "N/A (Filing I-129F for my fiance to begin K1 visa process for permanent residence)"in 3.d.

Not definitively saying that's the right or wrong way to do it. Just saying that's what I did and I didn't encounter any issues. 

*~*~*procedural question moved from “progress reports” to “process and procedures”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Example forms here on VJ:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

This may be the older form but at least it let me see what I needed to put for question 1 above. For your question 2 above I put does not intend. That question on the form is a little strange...Of course you are going to support but I think that question is implying an exact amount.

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, my fiance did not refer to I-129F petition he filed for me and made a remark that he will be paying for my accommodation, travel and medical expenses if necessary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.