rkair

Wrong Consulate Written on I-129F

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

In sec. 62.a on the I-129F that asks for consular processing information, I wrote in Guadalajara because I thought that was where the interview would take place and sent the application in. I just learned all K1 interviews for Mexico are done in Ciudad Juarez only. Any idea what may happen as a result of this error or if there's anything I can/should do to correct it? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, rkair said:

In sec. 62.a on the I-129F that asks for consular processing information, I wrote in Guadalajara because I thought that was where the interview would take place and sent the application in. I just learned all K1 interviews for Mexico are done in Ciudad Juarez only. Any idea what may happen as a result of this error or if there's anything I can/should do to correct it? Thanks.

Don't worry.  It will automatically be allocated to Ciudad Juarez on your behalf.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree.  My husband put Toronto when he filled out our K1 because that was the closest US Embassy, but they sent it to Montreal.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, rkair said:

You'll be fine, this is a common mistake and won't affect your petition at all.

(We did the same thing, I put Melbourne for my Aussie fiance because I didn't know until later that K1s get processed in Sydney).

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Don't worry. It will be routed to where it needs to go; NVC has been coordinating with the consulates for a long time so they know where it needs to go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

To mirror what the other people said.  My wife is from Mexico City and when we filed the K1 paperwork a number of years ago we put Mexico City as where the interview would take place.  It only makes logic as the embassy is in Mexico City plus it is the capital.  That ended up being no problem at all.  She received her interview letter and flew to Ciudad Juarez...again zero issues.  

On a side note my wife has her citizenship oath ceremony this Friday!

Best of luck and may God bless

Timeline

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I feel much more at ease now. The only thing that's kind of bumming me out now is I've been reading it takes forever to get an interview date from Ciudad Juarez, but everything I've seen was related to the marriage/CR1 visas. I assume it's the same for the fiancee visa.

Timeline
10 hours ago, JohnE said:

To mirror what the other people said.  My wife is from Mexico City and when we filed the K1 paperwork a number of years ago we put Mexico City as where the interview would take place.  It only makes logic as the embassy is in Mexico City plus it is the capital.  That ended up being no problem at all.  She received her interview letter and flew to Ciudad Juarez...again zero issues.  

On a side note my wife has her citizenship oath ceremony this Friday!

Best of luck and may God bless

Congratulations on the citizenship! How exciting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.