beachlover

Interview Cancelled by USCIS

27 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, beachlover said:

Over 21. For the Philippines, it does take a very long time. The long priority wait is over so just waiting for adjudication, which is a shorter wait in comparison. 

So your PD was current when the I-485 packet was filed? https://www.uscis.gov/visabulletin-sep-18 Also, what status are adjusting from and when does/did it end?

Hello,

I don't think there is something of special concern in the case.

Look around. The crazy politicians are heading again toward another concrete wall; "The shutdown" that could occurs on February 15 and last for how long??

If your interview was scheduled for a date after February 15, that could be the reason.

Don't panic, keep quiet 

Thanks

Agreed. USCIS interviews would not be impacted by the shutdown, just as was the case for the previous shutdown and all the ones before it.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

I'm an F2B category. Original PD of Nov/2013. My i-485 PD is 9/6/2018 and like you my interview was cancelled on 10/22/2018. I've spoken to USCIS twice since then. The one person I talked to last week explained to me that they will remove you from the interview queue if they are not ready for you (I'm assuming because I applied through date for filling and not final action date). She said that once they review all the documents and are prepared for me, they'd add me back on the interview queue. She also said this wouldn't affect the approval of my EAD/AP so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope that helps!

On 2/8/2019 at 5:40 PM, beachlover said:

My recent case status update for my AOS went from “Ready to be scheduled for interview” to “Interview cancelled”.

I’ve only received one RFE and provided the required information within 24 hours.

The last letter from USCIS was a courtesy letter saying I need to provide the I-693 (report of medical exam) during my interview or my application will be denied. 

Should I be concerned that my interview was cancelled?

Thanks in advance for any insight. 

DE823F03-5C2C-43A5-882B-04DA79ED98BC.jpeg

The San Francisco Field Office likely realized that it would be unfair to schedule you next, since you just filed on 09-21-18. I know of someone with PD 08-16-17 who got scheduled for interview on 01-09-19. In a nutshell, you have a lot of folks ahead of you.

Edited by USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/11/2019 at 8:18 PM, USC4SPOUSE said:

The San Francisco Field Office likely realized that it would be unfair to schedule you next, since you just filed on 09-21-18. I know of someone with PD 08-16-17 who got scheduled for interview on 01-09-19. In a nutshell, you have a lot of folks ahead of you.

Thanks for the explanation. I was not expecting to be scheduled for an interview  immediately as I do know it would take approximately 17-21 months to get the GC. I just wasn’t sure how a cancelled interview affects my case. Glad to know that it does happen and rescheduling an interview (or my place in the queue) is sometimes part of the whole process.

1 hour ago, beachlover said:

Thanks for the explanation. I was not expecting to be scheduled for an interview  immediately as I do know it would take approximately 17-21 months to get the GC. I just wasn’t sure how a cancelled interview affects my case. Glad to know that it does happen and rescheduling an interview (or my place in the queue) is sometimes part of the whole process.

You're welcome. It is a good thing that they are catching these glitches. The San Francisco Field Office (among others) experience a system glitch in early 2018 which caused the system to stop scheduling interviews for cases filed in 2017 and instead it started scheduling cases that had just been filed in 2018. The interviews were scheduled as "employment based interviews" even though those cases were marriage based. Imagine that... People were getting green cards within 90 days in San Francisco and many cities - all at the expense of 2017 filers. Very unfair. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Hi guys. I've been following this thread and am in a similar situation - my interview was canceled before being scheduled. I am reporting some movement on my case, they actually updated my case to "ready to be scheduled for interview" again. I am coming from a F-1 in case someone is wondering. 863101807_ScreenShot2019-02-13at11_41_26am.thumb.png.980de70859bd91b6856943283bd74994.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Aftershock said:

Hi guys. I've been following this thread and am in a similar situation - my interview was canceled before being scheduled. I am reporting some movement on my case, they actually updated my case to "ready to be scheduled for interview" again. I am coming from a F-1 in case someone is wondering. 863101807_ScreenShot2019-02-13at11_41_26am.thumb.png.980de70859bd91b6856943283bd74994.png

It’s great so see an update and movement on your case. Best wishes to you!

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to my Dad’s Adjustment of Status interview, few days before we checked it online and status was saying  that his interview got cancelled 1 week before his scheduled interview. We still went to the interview today, seems like online cancellation was just a trick or system glitch. Officers doesn’t even know the cancellation when we checked in. 

I’m so happy we went in, I acted as my petitioner and translator for my Dad. He got approved today to be a legal permanent resident. So please dont just rely on what you see online, still go to your scheduled interview, you’ll never know! He would have been denied by his absence if we never went! 

Questions are as follows:

What made you decide to apply for Adjustment of Status?

Did you overstay?

Where are the rest of the family?

Ever been arrested? 

The officer was really nice and was even joking all throughout the interview. 

Honesty and smile is the key! 😍

Same thing happened to my Dad’s Adjustment of Status interview. Status was saying  that his interview was cancelled 1 week before his scheduled interview. We still went to the interview today, seems like online cancellation was just a trick or system glitch. Even officers doesn’t even know the cancellation when we checked in. 

I’m so happy we went in, I acted as my Dad’s petitioner and translator. He got approved today to be a legal permanent resident. Yay! After months of waiting and loads of paperwork! So please dont just rely on what you see online, still go to your scheduled interview, you’ll never know! He would have been denied by his absence if we never went! 

Questions are as follows:

What made you decide to apply for Adjustment of Status?

Did you overstay?

Where are the rest of the family?

Ever been arrested? 

The officer was really nice and was even joking all throughout the interview. 

Honesty and smile is the key! 😍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.