maria betances

finally after almost 2yrs my aoth was schedule today

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 2/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, bestluck said:

You been waiting 2 years after your N-400 Interview ? Can you share your story please what happen ? 

i apply for citizenship on September 30 2016 this was my 3rd applying. the other 2 i has been denied do to my criminal record and applying before the 5yrs was up. 

i when for my interview on april 14 2017 and pass the test i took all documents with my probation paper and criminal record and my arrests record the officer say that everything looks that he will be making the decision by the end of the day.

well that day pass and nothing a week pass and nothing 6 months pass and nothing them i starter to call uscis and talk to tier 2 offices they told me that they are waiting for security clearance before they can make a decision on my cases 

a year pass and nothing them i make a Ombudsman's they told it will take around 90 days before they can take a look at my case well those 90 days and nothing i when to several info pass alot of online request. and finally on january 24 2019 case got update to supervisor review and them againg on the 25 supervior review was complete. i call uscis and spoke to tier 2 officer and he told me that my case was recommended for approval.

my case got update on february 7 to oath will be schedule and them on february 8 to we mail you oath ceromony letter. letter came today im schedule to take the oath on February 21 at 12pm in the charlotte field office.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, praizee said:

Congrats! can you please share your story? Also, what actions did you take while your case was pending? did any help?

i apply for citizenship on September 30 2016 this was my 3rd applying. the other 2 i has been denied do to my criminal record and applying before the 5yrs was up. 

i when for my interview on april 14 2017 and pass the test i took all documents with my probation paper and criminal record and my arrests record the officer say that everything looks that he will be making the decision by the end of the day.

well that day pass and nothing a week pass and nothing 6 months pass and nothing them i starter to call uscis and talk to tier 2 offices they told me that they are waiting for security clearance before they can make a decision on my cases 

a year pass and nothing them i make a Ombudsman's they told it will take around 90 days before they can take a look at my case well those 90 days and nothing i when to several info pass alot of online request. and finally on january 24 2019 case got update to supervisor review and them againg on the 25 supervior review was complete. i call uscis and spoke to tier 2 officer and he told me that my case was recommended for approval.

my case got update on february 7 to oath will be schedule and them on february 8 to we mail you oath ceromony letter. letter came today im schedule to take the oath on February 21 at 12pm in the charlotte field office.

1 hour ago, maria betances said:

Wow congratulation this is long time wait so happy for you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.