John & Rose

Transcripts

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Really?  This is the one place that I feel I can actually get good information. 

Really.  It wasn't a very active forum back when .. the few that popped in and out were not always current with things, others didn't have a clue .. so it was much like asking for directions in the Philippines ..  :lol:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Really.  It wasn't a very active forum back when .. the few that popped in and out were not always current with things, others didn't have a clue .. so it was much like asking for directions in the Philippines ..  :lol:  

From my 3 years of living here, I don't even ask for directions anymore, lol

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

From my 3 years of living here, I don't even ask for directions anymore, lol

You lived in the Phils three years .. you didn't get married and complete the DCF for the spouse visa?    Done in 60 days or so ~

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You lived in the Phils three years .. you didn't get married and complete the DCF for the spouse visa?    Done in 60 days or so ~

Hank, ,I didn't know about the DCF until I was active in VJ.  I did join VJ early on but I wasn't active on here.  I was mainly active in a group called Visa Approved.  There's a lot I didn't know until I joined VJ.  After I submitted my I-129f that's when I became active in VJ.  I wish there was a better way to promote this group cause it will help a lot of people before they even start the process.  If I would've known about DCF we could've been in the US in less than 6 months but oh well.  I will just try to assist the newbies in the future and enlighten them on things so they won't make the same mistakes I did.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Quick question: maybe a little off topic-sorry. The income requirements if you have a business. Is that based on the gross income before deductions or after deductions?

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

6 minutes ago, coa24 said:

Quick question: maybe a little off topic-sorry. The income requirements if you have a business. Is that based on the gross income before deductions or after deductions?

It is based on AGI of W2 people so for small business wouldn’t it  be gross income after deductions but before taxes???

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Thanks for the response @John & Rose if that is the case the definitely not making enough to support because that would be make me below the requirement but if based on gross then it is plenty. So if based on AGI for businesses then yeah will find other income sources.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

20 minutes ago, coa24 said:

Thanks for the response @John & Rose if that is the case the definitely not making enough to support because that would be make me below the requirement but if based on gross then it is plenty. So if based on AGI for businesses then yeah will find other income sources.

Let some others respond too. This is what I have been told but I am no expert. Hopefully someone with more experience with self employment will chime in. AGI for the W2 is not really a fair comparison to self employed. Your deductions are a much higher percentage of the income than a W2 employee. 

I keep see 1040 line 7. I don’t know if the forms have changed. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
7 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

Hank, ,I didn't know about the DCF until I was active in VJ.  I did join VJ early on but I wasn't active on here.  I was mainly active in a group called Visa Approved.  There's a lot I didn't know until I joined VJ.  After I submitted my I-129f that's when I became active in VJ.  I wish there was a better way to promote this group cause it will help a lot of people before they even start the process.  If I would've known about DCF we could've been in the US in less than 6 months but oh well.  I will just try to assist the newbies in the future and enlighten them on things so they won't make the same mistakes I did.

.. :lol:    very true and I was the same when I first discovered DCF .. heck I could have easily stayed in the Phils for the required time, and saved a lot of time.

5 hours ago, coa24 said:

Line 22 of the 1040 .. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

.. :lol:    very true and I was the same when I first discovered DCF .. heck I could have easily stayed in the Phils for the required time, and saved a lot of time.

Line 22 of the 1040 .. 

No longer line 22 with the new 1040

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

No longer line 22 with the new 1040

:oops:         :lol:         I best go look .. hate when they change forms without consulting me.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Line 22 of the 1040 .. 

CORRECTION  !     (sorry for the :oops:  )

line 7  is AGI     (line 6 is just GROSS ... not as in yuck)

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/site-index-search?search=1040&field_pup_historical_1=1&field_pup_historical=1

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Is that line 7 of the schedule C or line 7 of the 1040?

Separate question. If filing jointly, but your wife does not have a US SSN/TIN do you have to claim her income as well?

4 minutes ago, coa24 said:

Is that line 7 of the schedule C or line 7 of the 1040?

Separate question. If filing jointly, but your wife does not have a US SSN/TIN do you have to claim her income as well?

Line 7 of the 1040. 

You cant claim your wife without an SSN or ITIN. You are supposed to claim her income but I’m not sure how you prove her income. You will also need the SSN and ITIN to claim her income. 

I have my wife’s passport. She is sending me a signed W7. I have to send the passport and W7 along with my tax return to the IRS in Austin, Texas. That is the only office that the W7 gets sent to. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Line 7 of the 1040. 

You cant claim your wife without an SSN or ITIN. You are supposed to claim her income but I’m not sure how you prove her income. You will also need the SSN and ITIN to claim her income. 

I have my wife’s passport. She is sending me a signed W7. I have to send the passport and W7 along with my tax return to the IRS in Austin, Texas. That is the only office that the W7 gets sent to. 

Or wait and complete an amended return after she arrives with the kids.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.