12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello good day you all, i had my visa interview this morning, at the US consulate general in Lagos. I was interviewed at around 10:40am and here are my interview questions.

Co: What is the petitioners relationship to you?

Me: Answered correctly

Co: what can you tell me about your wife?

Me: answered

Co: Where does she works

Co: where does she lives

Co: when and how did you meet

Co: how do you communicate

Co: when did you get married

Co: show me wedding album showing where you and your wife are signing the the marriage certificate

Me: showed

Co: asking on the album, who and who are these

Co: Do you have your2017 transcript for tax return, that your wife filed

Me: yes and passed it to her

Co: Your wife did not reach the expected amount of money.

She hands me a white sheet, that says to get a joint account and send to DHL with my passport.

So my question is, has anyone here faced this challenge? How long did it take before they returned your passport with visa back to you? After submitting my joint transcript tomorrow, will i still go for another interview? Or does this means i have been approved visa but they cant finalise it until my joint transcript has been sent to them. I hope to hear from you all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kings49 said:

Hello good day you all, i had my visa interview this morning, at the US consulate general in Lagos. I was interviewed at around 10:40am and here are my interview questions.

Co: What is the petitioners relationship to you?

Me: Answered correctly

Co: what can you tell me about your wife?

Co: Where does she works

Co: where does she lives

Co: when and how did you meet

Co: how do you communicate

Co: when did you get married

Co: show me wedding album showing where you and your wife are signing the the marriage certificate

Me: showed

Co: asking on the album, who and who are these

Co: Do you have your2017 transcript for tax return, that your wife filed

Me: yes and passed it to her

Co: Your wife did not reach the expected amount of money.

She hands me a white sheet, that says to get a joint account and send to DHL with my passport.

So my question is, has anyone here faced this challenge? How long did it take before they returned your passport with visa back to you? After submitting my joint transcript tomorrow, will i still go for another interview? Or does this means i have been approved visa but they cant finalise it until my joint transcript has been sent to them. I hope to hear from you all.

How much did your wife make or did the I-864 affidavit show? The CO does have ultimate control over making final decision on public charge issue.

As for once you submit a co-sponsor, it depends on how long it takes the embassy to process the paperwork. Generally they won't have another interview. How long will it take again depends on how fast they process it all, and how long you end up in administrative process (AP), which is open ended and has no definitive time line. So could literally be maybe 2-3 weeks, or 2-3 months, or longer.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kings49 said:

Or does this means i have been approved visa but they cant finalise it until my joint transcript has been sent to them. I hope to hear from you all.

It means they want more evidence of a bona fide relationship.  I would not consider a visa to be approved until it is issued......There are cases of consulate officers saying "you are approved", the the case is denied.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
On 2/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, Ben&Zian said:

How much did your wife make or did the I-864 affidavit show? The CO does have ultimate control over making final decision on public charge issue.

As for once you submit a co-sponsor, it depends on how long it takes the embassy to process the paperwork. Generally they won't have another interview. How long will it take again depends on how fast they process it all, and how long you end up in administrative process (AP), which is open ended and has no definitive time line. So could literally be maybe 2-3 weeks, or 2-3 months, or longer.

Thanks for your response, my wife makes much more than the budget, she makes above 31k, i even tried to explain to the consuler, but she said no, listen to me, if you want to go to America, you and your wife should provide a joint sponsor. And when you get it submit them with your international passport at DHL office in Victoria Island. I dont think it will go into administrative processing, since they asked me to return my passport with those documents. My visa is approved but cannot be issued without those documents. Its so scary when you said AP. What can you say about them asking me to return my passport?

Timeline
On 2/6/2019 at 3:27 PM, missileman said:

It means they want more evidence of a bona fide relationship.  I would not consider a visa to be approved until it is issued......There are cases of consulate officers saying "you are approved", the the case is denied.....

Have you seen anyone that it has happened to? Because i was asked to submit my passport with the joint sponsor.

Timeline
On 2/6/2019 at 6:41 PM, Cappie said:

Pls,I have a question.how long did the whole process take from the filling day to your visa interview day?Thanks.

It took me 1 year and a month !

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mieka91 said:

It sounds like you’re approved, you just need a joint sponsor. That’s all. 

Yeah thats what it right? Because the CO asked me to return my passport with the joint sponsor to DHL office. If i wasn't approved they wont ask me to return my passport right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/7/2019 at 10:38 PM, Kings49 said:

Thanks for your response, my wife makes much more than the budget, she makes above 31k, i even tried to explain to the consuler, but she said no, listen to me, if you want to go to America, you and your wife should provide a joint sponsor. And when you get it submit them with your international passport at DHL office in Victoria Island. I dont think it will go into administrative processing, since they asked me to return my passport with those documents. My visa is approved but cannot be issued without those documents. Its so scary when you said AP. What can you say about them asking me to return my passport?

When did your wife start working?

• 1 month later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/8/2019 at 4:46 AM, Kings49 said:

Yeah thats what it right? Because the CO asked me to return my passport with the joint sponsor to DHL office. If i wasn't approved they wont ask me to return my passport right?

Congrats brother!

Have you finally gotten The ViSA

And if yes .. how many did take it after u submitted the Requested Documents till dey gave you the visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 2/8/2019 at 3:38 AM, Kings49 said:

31,000 and you still need a joint sponsor?

How many kids does your spouse have?

And do you have any kids of your own too?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.