kazero17

My 2 years green card expires in 3 months

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

my wife has joined me 2 years ago after i file i-130, she got her green card few days later, now it has been 2 years and her green card will expire in 3 months, im confused what to ? do i need to remove condition or renew the green card ? Please advice which one and how to start the needed step ..

many thanks and good luck to all of you.

6 minutes ago, kazero17 said:

Hi everyone, 

my wife has joined me 2 years ago after i file i-130, she got her green card few days later, now it has been 2 years and her green card will expire in 3 months, im confused what to ? do i need to remove condition or renew the green card ? Please advice which one and how to start the needed step ..

Please follow this guide and you should be fine,

https://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Please follow this guide and you should be fine,

https://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

so i need to remove conditions using I-751? What about renewing the green card using I-90? Do i need do this later or not ?? 

Thanks again for replaying cyberfx..

5 minutes ago, kazero17 said:

so i need to remove conditions using I-751? What about renewing the green card using I-90? Do i need do this later or not ?? 

No, you do not do that. You need to remove the conditions from her GC which will give her a 10 year GC without conditions. 

10 hours ago, kazero17 said:

Hi everyone, 

9 hours ago, kazero17 said:

@kazero17

She will not be able to renew her green card unless she removes the condition. That is why it is called a conditional 2 year green card. This was always the process and it is something everyone who gets a 2 year CGC based on marriage goes through. Cyberfox provided you with the link to info that you need. It is fortunate that you asked about this now so you have enough time to file and get an extension. But if you wait too long you wife's card will expire.

Your wife is not done with immigration and the best course of action is to learn every step before hand, even if the next steps are years down the road. Law number 29 of the famous book 48 Laws of Power is  "Plan All the Way to the End".

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.