Dana smiderle

Canadian police certificate

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, MK2803 said:

"For Non-Certified Criminal Information". 

Ok. I'm not going to worry about that slight difference. They searched the same database, seems like that would be the important part :)

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MK2803 said:

Yes I don't think so something to worry. Is your certificate accepted by NVC? Also are you Fiance visa applicant or Spouse Visa applicant? 

I was under the impression that I only bring it to the interview (K1). Our case got forwarded to Montreal yesterday :)

and I'm the Canadian fiance :D

Edited by NicoleM

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Timeline

Information available on travel.state.gov (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

Police 

Available

Fees: Varies by Province.

Document Name:  Certified Criminal Record Check.

Issuing Authority: Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: The Certified Criminal Record Check requested under the Privacy Act is fingerprint-based, but the report does not include an image of the applicant’s fingerprints.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: There is no issuing authority personnel title.

Registration Criteria: There is no registration criteria.

Procedure for Obtaining: To obtain this document, you must submit your fingerprints to a local police service or RCMP-approved partner agency.  YOU MUST STATE THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING THE RECORD UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT.  Do not select “Visa/Border Crossing” as the purpose of the request. You must also specifically request the record which includes the “RCMP National Repository entire holdings.”  

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available.

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents.

Exceptions: None

Comments: As of September 10, 2018 a fingerprint-based, certified criminal record check REQUESTED UNDER THE CANADIAN PRIVACY ACT from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is required by U.S. Consular posts in Canada. 

For more information on how to request this document, visit http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
12 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

did you guys have to pay for your police check? i was trying to do a level 1 police check and it was going to cost $90? not sure if thats right, when it asked me the reason am I meant to put "immigration" ?

I was quoted by Commissonnaires (who do them for RCMP) 56.50 for fingerprints, photos and the check under the Privacy Act 

Timeline
17 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

did you guys have to pay for your police check? i was trying to do a level 1 police check and it was going to cost $90? not sure if thats right, when it asked me the reason am I meant to put "immigration" ?

I paid $50 for mine.

Timeline

Haha,,, ottawa is expensive I see the rates on Jan 1st hiked up to $90. Anyone know if the "Level 2, Criminal record and Judicial Matters Check" works instead of just a criminial record check? The price is about $50 instead of $90 and sounds pretty much like the same thing? 

4a95c71bf2.png

• 8 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 12:38 PM, NicoleM said:

I was under the impression that I only bring it to the interview (K1). Our case got forwarded to Montreal yesterday :)

and I'm the Canadian fiance :D

Hey, I know its been a while but was just wondering if you criminal record check was fine. Mine says the same thing as yours but I never mentioned anything about RCMP National Repository entire holdings.

Timeline
7 hours ago, bpg123 said:

Hey, I know its been a while but was just wondering if you criminal record check was fine. Mine says the same thing as yours but I never mentioned anything about RCMP National Repository entire holdings.

Yes it was accepted!

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Timeline
On 2/18/2019 at 2:39 PM, purem4g1c said:

Haha,,, ottawa is expensive I see the rates on Jan 1st hiked up to $90. Anyone know if the "Level 2, Criminal record and Judicial Matters Check" works instead of just a criminial record check? The price is about $50 instead of $90 and sounds pretty much like the same thing? 

4a95c71bf2.png

this is not the right police cert that the consulate is looking for. kindly see those links before our posts. you have to go a fingerprinting company that will forward your application to RCMP or go to RCMP directly. Don't waste your $90 for this. Though some of us had provided both RCMP and local police cert with no issues.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.