Jeanne Adil

refused at embassy level

27 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

What is a Ds5535?

A form requesting information about family relationships, social media accounts, etc. It's basically a form given prior to certain background checks.

Sample: https://www.nafsa.org/_/File/_/amresource/DS5535.pdf

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

5 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

Is his name common so there might be confusion about his actual activities? Has he ever been the victim of identity theft?

It doesn't need to be Identity thief.

I once had to go to special interview for a security clearance because there was a man, with my date of birth and same first and MIDDLE name, and from the same city I was born!

Had it been just a background check like this for the K-1, no one would have followed up, it would have been denied. But because it was for a very high level, they had to do more investigation and even sent two investigators to interview me and probably arrest me, had I been the other guy!

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 hours ago, geowrian said:

If you do ever hear back with more info on the reason why (FOIA request may be needed), please update the thread.

I   defintely  will but like i wrote Casa  embassy does not tell a K1  why denied

he and his USC will marry 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Boiler said:

First time I have seen a refusal under DS 5535, I am going to assume something came up. What is impossible to say.

Exact Email   they recd 

dear  sir/madam

thank you for  your e-mail inquiry.  please note that this case was refused and the file returned to USCIS for further review on  January 10th, 2019 . the decision to send the petition back for additional review was not taken lightly.   the interviewing CO reviewed the case in its entirety before making this decision,and the conular supervisor also reviewed the file

any further inquiries  should be directed to USCIS
Regards.

immigrant visa unit US Consulate General

then the address

no mention that the ds5535 was the cause/in morocco anyone living north of Fes seems to get this  form to fill out man or woman

From what  i have witnessed in Morocco there are many cases that can not even make it thru interview as the relationship

is not real 

or poorly advised

or the moroccan is so young the CO realizes it is just to get out of morocco

or the medical exam  is not passed

or short time knowing each other

among many other reasons

but this one surprised me as  i believe them to be real and he has a stable government job and english is better than many here in the south

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
8 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Usually a refusal is based upon either medical, background checks.

he  hand carried medical envelope to interview

in morocco if medical is not good,   the dr sends it by carrier

and  his 2 morocco criminal reports are good or he wouldn't have the government job to begin with

Timeline
11 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

What is a Ds5535?

3 page  form asking for all siblings names 

all social media and email ID's for last 5 yrs

all phone numbers used

all addresses and employers for last 15 yrs

all travel  history for last 15 yrs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow that is so cruel to tell the person they're approved only to take it back....this worries me because although my husband is not from Fes/Northern Morocco, he does work for the Moroccan government. Ugh I hate this.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline
1 minute ago, Apple Bee said:

Wow that is so cruel to tell the person they're approved only to take it back....this worries me because although my husband is not from Fes/Northern Morocco, he does work for the Moroccan government. Ugh I hate this.

but   not from the northern area  so no ds5535

even a VJ member's wife from Fes got the dreaded form

and you can't think and worry about this now

you have enough BS just waiting

good luck

jeanne and Adil

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

3 page  form asking for all siblings names 

all social media and email ID's for last 5 yrs

all phone numbers used

all addresses and employers for last 15 yrs

all travel  history for last 15 yrs

Do you think it would be wise for those who are at the NVC stage to submit the DS5355 with the rest of their documents ahead of time? To try to curb the consular officer giving that form to the beneficiary at the time of the interview?

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline
Just now, Apple Bee said:

Do you think it would be wise for those who are at the NVC stage to submit the DS5355 with the rest of their documents ahead of time? To try to curb the consular officer giving that form to the beneficiary at the time of the interview?

one VJ  member  thought to do this for his moroccan wife so he flew over and made an embassy appointment and asked that very question

and embassy said it would only add a year to the US part of the process and silly to do it not needed 

what city in Morocco are we talking about here?

2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

one VJ  member  thought to do this for his moroccan wife so he flew over and made an embassy appointment and asked that very question

and embassy said it would only add a year to the US part of the process and silly to do it not needed 

what city in Morocco are we talking about here?

How did the interview go? What was he told at the end of the interview? Was he asked to provide more evidence of relationship as well? It doesnt seem like the refusal is based on the ds5535 because it took only 2 months to return it to USCIS. I think they can find out during USCIS what triggered their application to go back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.