bnation_86

After visa interview

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello, my son attended a visa interview in Accra Ghana and passed his interview he was told that his passport will be sent to the DHL office for pickup its 3 weeks now but no email from dhl/embassy. Im very frustrated 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
29 minutes ago, bnation_86 said:

Hello, my son attended a visa interview in Accra Ghana and passed his interview he was told that his passport will be sent to the DHL office for pickup its 3 weeks now but no email from dhl/embassy. Im very frustrated 

Have you emailed them? Ghana can be slow at times. contact them and inquire what's the delay.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Have you emailed them? Ghana can be slow at times. contact them and inquire what's the delay.

I have called and sent emails but no reply 

Timeline
7 hours ago, bnation_86 said:

I have called and sent emails but no reply 

Did you email them including your case number for them to identify your case properly , because sometimes people wrote them but forget to include their identification number to let the embassy know how to approach the solution .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 hours ago, bnation_86 said:

Oh so i'm not alone..... I went to the dhl office and the lady at the counter says my Passport is still with the embassy and that its normal.

My anxiety and frustration swelled up when i was waiting for the interview that. I have a time frame to leave the country and so its not really a bother now but its been 3weeks for me too and so you are not alone. Ghana embassy has its on issues.

Your Son will get it soon. Hopefully by next week you will be discussing tickets and flight and luggage.

Keep hope alive and TRUST THE PROCESS. Even the delay is working for our good.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Goggles said:

Did u update your profile at ustraveldoc.gh website?

They need your email address and phone number to alert you when your passport is ready for pick up.

Also does your ceac status say issued?

If it does, by five working days you should get an alert for pick up from ustraveldocs

It's been two weeks since my status changed to ISSUED. I have a profile account with my email and phone number but still nothing yet. I sent a mail and this is what I received. It looks as if the US embassy Device desk don't have much information as to what goes on in the consular section. We just have to wait. Frustration at every level.... Hahahahaha

Screenshot_20190206-115512.png

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Goggles said:

Did u update your profile at ustraveldoc.gh website?

They need your email address and phone number to alert you when your passport is ready for pick up.

Also does your ceac status say issued?

If it does, by five working days you should get an alert for pick up from ustraveldocs

Yeah. I did i called them yesterday but they told me to wait for an email. 

3 minutes ago, bnation_86 said:

Yeah. I did i called them yesterday but they told me to wait for an email. 

As for the call centre and email response is like the response on their website. They don't give you any information you don't already know.

Once ceac tracker says issued ease up, you will be notified. I get your anxiety.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Paa Qwesi said:

It's been two weeks since my status changed to ISSUED. I have a profile account with my email and phone number but still nothing yet. I sent a mail and this is what I received. It looks as if the US embassy Device desk don't have much information as to what goes on in the consular section. We just have to wait. Frustration at every level.... Hahahahaha

Screenshot_20190206-115512.png

Paa i got  the same message yesterday i checked the link that was attached and it looks like the visa was issued on the 28th of January but he attended the interview on 17th of January so it looks like i have to wait 

Edited by bnation_86

Timeline
11 hours ago, nastra30 said:

I will recommend you actually go to the DHL office and check. 

I will ask him to do that today. Thanks 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, bnation_86 said:

I will ask him to do that today. Thanks 

I will also recommend you ask him to go and check personally, after all you don't lose anything if he went and it's not there.

On 12/16/2018 at 1:30 AM, RnE 2k18 said:

Please is any other person having this challenge. Been trying to check my status for over a month now but i can't. Kindly find attached feedback that i get every time am trying to check my status. I recently got an email from NVC for my scheduled interview. 

Screenshot_20181215-085436.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, Moses Bee said:

Don't go and check if you didn't received any email or a text massage in your phone from the ustravel.gov.com  , because the DHL office will still tell you they didn't get your package yet from the embassy .

In 2017, my sister went and her passport and Visa was sitting there pretty waiting for her. Then too, I asked her to walk in and I'm glad she did because she didn't get any email or text for 4 weeks. Things might be different now since then, but I doubt you lose anything at by going there if you can actually find the time. If he goes and it's not there then it's not but it won't hurt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.