John & Rose

1040 no longer accepted?

136 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I'm not sure how quickly the transcripts get added to the site?  Is that months after they are submitted or is it as soon as the ITR is accepted?

Not sure..... im not waiting a few more months, f*** that

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

You can complete your 1040 tax return, sign, date it .. make copies before dropping the original in the mail to the IRS.

OR 

Use an online service .. then you can send copies of that to your fiancee

You won't be able to get transcripts until the IRS has completed your return.

I guess if that’s the best I can do then ill do that... but, maybe that with my information she already has will suffice… i guess ill be the guinea pig huh?

Do we have any independant verification from someone who has recently had their interview that transcripts are required? I ordered mine to be delivered by mail today...10-15 days. I have copies of my 1040s and W-2s....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

1 minute ago, EliAnon said:

Why does it make more sense after what I said?

Because transcripts are harder to fake than the 1040 and you may not have made enough in 2017 but they still have the 2018 W2.  This is more streamlined for them and stops the fake 1040s from being used

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Since she has my paystubs, w2, etc; will it matter if my transcripts from 2017 show nothing? Idk

You can include your 2017 tax transcripts .. the embassy may ask for them anyway .. just because they will be curious about why you submitted the 2018 1040 ...  they should figure it out that you were a full time student.  ;)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Because transcripts are harder to fake than the 1040 and you may not have made enough in 2017 but they still have the 2018 W2.  This is more streamlined for them and stops the fake 1040s from being used

I can see how itt would be better for sure, but for my situation it sucks lol

Timeline
Just now, boris64 said:

Do we have any independant verification from someone who has recently had their interview that transcripts are required? I ordered mine to be delivered by mail today...10-15 days. I have copies of my 1040s and W-2s....

Pax (denial) provided 1040 tax returns 10 days ago .. had zero issues in that regard.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, boris64 said:

How recent is recent 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, EliAnon said:

I can see how itt would be better for sure, but for my situation it sucks lol

Stick with your plan.   File your taxes early, submit your "most recent tax return" which would be your 2018 .. :)  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You can include your 2017 tax transcripts .. the embassy may ask for them anyway .. just because they will be curious about why you submitted the 2018 1040 ...  they should figure it out that you were a full time student.  ;)  

I could go ahead and send her my College transcripts coupled with it all.... lmao. Good point too, best to just have it all 2017 trannies(gross), 2018 w2’s, etc. just hope the trannie (gross)can get to be in time.

matter of fact i left my laptop down there for her so she has everything lol. Ill have to tell her to print them out 😂 

Edited by EliAnon

1 minute ago, boris64 said:

So far the only real recent interview allowed the 1040.  That might not be a good litmus test because they were refused so no 221(g) for transcripts was given.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, EliAnon said:

I could go ahead and send her my College transcripts coupled with it all.... lmao. Good point too, best to just have it all 2017 trannies(gross), 2018 w2’s, etc. just hope the trannie (gross)can get to be in time.

file your 2018 taxes and include a copy of your 1040 from that also .. it will be accepted.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Pax (denial) provided 1040 tax returns 10 days ago .. had zero issues in that regard.

But if they already knew they were going to be refused maybe they just didn't bother with a 221(g) for transcripts.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

So far the only real recent interview allowed the 1040.  That might not be a good litmus test because they were refused so no 221(g) for transcripts was given.

True, but the i134 was requested and accepted upon review 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

But if they already knew they were going to be refused maybe they just didn't bother with a 221(g) for transcripts.

Not required .. only NVC states otherwise and K-1 don't do their thing at NVC .. ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.