John & Rose

1040 no longer accepted?

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, EliAnon said:

I’d like to ask you guys something while im here too. Since i have my W2’s, should I fill out my 1040EZ before her Feb 14 interview And get it to her? Right now all she has is all my pay stubs, w2’s and letter from employer.

If you can complete your tax return early and it will verify you have adequate income to meet the I-864P guidelines .. I would.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, EliAnon said:

I’d like to ask you guys something while im here too. Since i have my W2’s, should I fill out my 1040EZ before her Feb 14 interview And get it to her? Right now all she has is all my pay stubs, w2’s and letter from employer.

I would.  That will be your latest tax return and as long as you have the W2 why not give them 2018?  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I would.  That will be your latest tax return and as long as you have the W2 why not give them 2018?  

I graduated last year, so no employment. How long does it take to get that tax information? She will be leaving on sunday, can i get Tax Act and bust it out in an hour or just go to H&R block and get it done faster and more efficiently?(time is a constraint)

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

If you can complete your tax return early and it will verify you have adequate income to meet the I-864P guidelines .. I would.

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I was going to blame my bad hair day on Trump too...but I dont have any hair...That's it, it's the wall's fault I have no hair.  LOL

The wall ... I lived in Tucson 18 years  we use to go camping down in Sycamore Canyon (less than a mile from the border)  I was out hiking one day, came upon an old barbed wire fence laying on the ground, "that was the border" fence according to the CBP agent I chatted with ...  That area got so dangerous that is now marked as a RED zone and they advice not to camp/hike/hunt down there anymore ..  agent even asked if I was "packing" so I lifted my jacket, he grinned when he saw my .45 acp. .

I personally have seen way too many illegals scurrying through the brush .. and many times CBP agent were hot on their tails.

Ya we need a wall!!!!!!!!!!!!    Those that say otherwise best start their believes at home .. remove the fence around their yard, remove the fence around their gated community, remove the locks from the doors on their house.   Ya .. like they would put their babble to practice.

But tunnels are an issue also down Nogales way, plus in Douglas .. drug smugglers.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
16 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

That’s why we advertise Visa Journey and not these trashy facebook groups. We have actually verified immigration gurus like Hank here lol

MAAAANNNNNNN don't get me started on these FB groups. Most of them are just echo chambers of wrong, and I did it this way so so should everybody else. You just have to let it go or you will go insane. First piece of advice I would give anyone is try to fill out the forms using the instructions that USCIS GIVES FOR EVERY SINGLE FORM and then if you can't figure it out seek outside advice. Biggest thing I saw in one of these groups is an administrator kept deleting my comment that you didn't HAVE to put yes to the specific contribution question on the I-134. His stance was if you put no it meant you didn't plan to support your fiance. Which is absurd why would they put a question that's purpose was to discredit the whole d@mn form. I finally just showed him the statement you had to sign at the end of the form saying you are agreeing to support the beneficiary and left the group. Sorry, started ranting and got off on a tangent there.

Timeline

The wall ... I lived in Tucson 18 years  we use to go camping down in Sycamore Canyon (less than a mile from the border)  I was out hiking one day, came upon an old barbed wire fence laying on the ground, "that was the border" fence according to the CBP agent I chatted with ...  That area got so dangerous that is now marked as a RED zone and they advice not to camp/hike/hunt down there anymore ..  agent even asked if I was "packing" so I lifted my jacket, he grinned when he saw my .45 acp. .

I personally have seen way too many illegals scurrying through the brush .. and many times CBP agent were hot on their tails.

Ya we need a wall!!!!!!!!!!!!    Those that say otherwise best start their believes at home .. remove the fence around their yard, remove the fence around their gated community, remove the locks from the doors on their house.   Ya .. like they would put their babble to practice.

But tunnels are an issue also down Nogales way, plus in Douglas .. drug smugglers.

Amen Hank! If we have a wall, it will give BP the ability to focus else where(points of interest). With tunnels, the wall (steel slats) generally get dropped into the ground like 15+ feet. So to dig a tunnel would take quite a long time. They would get caught rather quickly.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Amen Hank! If we have a wall, it will give BP the ability to focus else where(points of interest). With tunnels, the wall (steel slats) generally get dropped into the ground like 15+ feet. So to dig a tunnel would take quite a long time. They would get caught rather quickly.

Nogales and Douglas only have chain link fences, they are tall and in town more of less .. but they don't slow down the tunnels, if the fence went 15' down and 30 feet up . that would work!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2019/01/11/third-drug-tunnel-one-month-found-nogales/2550685002/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Nogales and Douglas only have chain link fences, they are tall and in town more of less .. but they don't slow down the tunnels, if the fence went 15' down and 30 feet up . that would work!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2019/01/11/third-drug-tunnel-one-month-found-nogales/2550685002/

Yeah, steel slats are basically posts. As an example, when I put up my fence on our farm; we would drop the posts like 3-6ft into the ground to make it sturdy and hold tight for the years to come. The steel slats will be dropped down much further for sure.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Yeah, steel slats are basically posts. As an example, when I put up my fence on our farm; we would drop the posts like 3-6ft into the ground to make it sturdy and hold tight for the years to come. The steel slats will be dropped down much further for sure.

I always used the 1-2 rule for posts when I installed a fence around the yard.   I ft. down for every 2 ft. up

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

This was just put up...I trust this source

Income tax return or IRS transcripts which is needed? 

This is for US embassies ONLY.

US State Dept made a change and they will no long accept a copy of an income tax return, they are now wanting a IRS INCOME TAX RETURN transcript from the IRS (see link below. ) 

Why the Change? i don't know right now. 

So far this has only been reported as an issue the the US embassy Manila, but i believe it applies to all US embassies. 

If you have a interview schedule if at all possible i would recommend getting a IRS income TAX RETURN transcript from any sponsor and or co sponsor. 

Will you have an issue if you do not have an IRS income tax return, i am not sure since I have only heard about that at the US embassy Manila. 

Does this apply to K1 visa's? not officially since the K1 is non immigrant and they can not officially require the I-864 and or income return documents. BUT i would still recommend that K1's follow it and get a IRS income return TRANSCRIPT.

When was this change? there is no official letter, memo or notice, they just changed their website sometime between Jan 7th 2019 and Oct 2018. 

I am still looking into this, but for now my recommendation is get your IRS income TAX RETURN transcript if you are a sponsor or co sponsor (joint sponsor/ co sponsor is the same thing.

Is a w2 or proof of income required? again i am still looking into this. but for now send in the w2, why? due to this statement on NVC's website 
"If you filed jointly: If you filed taxes under the “married filing jointly” category, you must also submit your Form(s) W-2 or schedules(s) from the most recent tax year."

Why the difference between USCIS and the NVC and the embassies? they are two different gov't department so they follow their own rules. NVC/ Embassies have just decided to use the I-864/a/w and I-134 instead of making their own forms. 
if you look on NVC's website it tell you to review USCIS website on the I-864 but still you have to follow the NVC website. 
" Use the information in these FAQs and on this website with, not instead of, the detailed instructions for the Affidavit of Support forms on USCIS’s website.

Sources for this are in the links below, There is nothing specifically telling of the change of no longer taking copies of the income tax return, and them wanting the IRS income RETURN Transcripts. they only removed the OPTION of allowing you to show copies of the most recent income tax return. 

How many IRS income RETURN transcripts are needed? this requirement remains the same/ has not changed, 
ONLY THE MOST CURRENT IRS income RETURN transcript is needed to be shown at NVC and the embassy. 

NVC link
https://travel.state.gov/…/step-4-collect-financial-documen…

IRS income RETURN transcripts
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

I always used the 1-2 rule for posts when I installed a fence around the yard.   I ft. down for every 2 ft. up

Sounds like a good one to follow lol. Gotta have sturdy fence for cattle ;) 

btw i’m just gonne leave this here, Trumps policies work: https://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-tijuana-drug-violence-20190130-htmlstory.html

(if you don’t mind hank, could you comment on that one post about getting my taxes done; im kinda a little skeptical what to do now)

There was another confirmation from another source...

I just got off the phone with NVC. They did tell me specifically that I needed to have transcripts. I asked him if my TurboTax print out and stuff was good enough and they said no. They said it is a new policy initiated by the state department within the last couple of weeks.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

There was another confirmation from another source...

I just got off the phone with NVC. They did tell me specifically that I needed to have transcripts. I asked him if my TurboTax print out and stuff was good enough and they said no. They said it is a new policy initiated by the state department within the last couple of weeks.

What should I do then? Feb 14 is our interview date! Should I go into h&R block and get taxes done quickly? I dont really know....

cause once again she has my w2’s, i134 form, note from employer, and pay stubs

Edited by EliAnon

Timeline

Our interview is March 7. I can get a transcript from 2017 no problem. I don't usually file until like the last day cause I always owe money. Can I just bring my W2 for 2018?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Except in mn where its 4 ft. Down regardless 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.