Kristi&Luigi

February 2019 - AOS Filers!!!

701 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey guys, 

I looked for Feb Filers thread to post some questions I had and didn't find one so I thought I'd create one! :P

Can't wait to hear from you all and celebrate our approvals together! :wub:

I will be filing myself early this month! 

I'm getting ready to file any day now, however I am trying to time my application right. I will be out of town from March 5 to March 13, so I'm trying to plan mailing the AOS package in a way that doesn't schedule the biometrics during that period. I'm curious to see those of you who filed in the first day of February -  what appointment dates did you get (or will you get) for your biometrics. Will be following this thread with great attention.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 6:39 PM, 854Turbo said:

I'm getting ready to file any day now, however I am trying to time my application right. I will be out of town from March 5 to March 13, so I'm trying to plan mailing the AOS package in a way that doesn't schedule the biometrics during that period. I'm curious to see those of you who filed in the first day of February -  what appointment dates did you get (or will you get) for your biometrics. Will be following this thread with great attention.

Please fill out your timeline so people can help you answer your questions better.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/intro.php?cfl=

Maybe you don't need to time it because your application support center might allow early walkins if you have the letter. My biometrics was less than a month after filing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 2/5/2019 at 6:39 PM, 854Turbo said:

You can probably mail it anytime. A lot of people went to their ASC or even a different one before the date and got their biometrics done.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi guys!! I don't know if I'm in the right thread, but we got married 2 weeks ago, and planning of filing for AOS hopefully before the end of the month. I read a bunch of what I need and all, but I got one question. I don't have a SSN because we didn't request one when I got here (November 21). Did we wait too long? Because I know people usually got married pretty quickly and did everything soon after. I'm worried that my timelines are late for some reason. I'll try to gather everything soon. I'm so glad I found this!!! 😊

On 2/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, 854Turbo said:

what appointment dates did you get (or will you get) for your biometrics.

As already mentioned, you can try an early walk-in with the biometrics appointment letter before the biometrics date. See if your local ASC is on the following VJ list: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/367977-thinking-of-early-walk-in-for-biometrics/?page=15

11 hours ago, Jo&Ryan said:

I don't have a SSN because we didn't request one when I got here (November 21). Did we wait too long?

Yes, you waited too long. 2 days ago you passed the 76 day (90 days - 14 days of lawful status left required by the SSA) deadline: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?m1=11&d1=21&y1=2018&type=add&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=76&rec= Now you have to wait until you have the EAD* or GC in hand and then go the SSA office in person.

*If on the I-765 form you select the "forward my info to SSA in order to apply for a SSN" option and the EAD is approved before the GC, then there is no need to go the SSA office in person (unless if about a month passes after EAD approval and you have yet to receive the SS card). Although, its recommended to go the SSA office after GC approval in order to get an unrestricted SS card: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/list-documents/form-i-9-acceptable-documents "LIST C DOCUMENTS" tab

Edited by accumbyte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
11 hours ago, accumbyte said:

Yes, you waited too long. 2 days ago you passed the 76 day (90 days - 14 days of lawful status left required by the SSA) deadline: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?m1=11&d1=21&y1=2018&type=add&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=76&rec= Now you have to wait until you have the EAD* or GC in hand and then go the SSA office in person.

*If on the I-765 form you select the "forward my info to SSA in order to apply for a SSN" option and the EAD is approved before the GC, then there is no need to go the SSA office in person (unless if about a month passes after EAD approval and you have yet to receive the SS card). Although, its recommended to go the SSA office after GC approval in order to get an unrestricted SS card: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/list-documents/form-i-9-acceptable-documents "LIST C DOCUMENTS" tab

Thank you so much for your response!! It's really helpful. 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all, we got married on the 15th January and just started to fill in the I-485. May the next waiting period begin. Good luck to all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

We got married on Jan 16. Mailed the AOS package on Jan 30 and received text msg from USCIS. My case created on Feb 4,2019.

Another waiting game. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, siulamvb said:

We got married on Jan 16. Mailed the AOS package on Jan 30 and received text msg from USCIS. My case created on Feb 4,2019.

Another waiting game. 

Hmmm...happy for you that you've already got your case created.  Rather disappointed, as we are technically 'January' filers (USPS delivered on Jan 28th), and have YET to receive any kind of notification.  Did you send your to the Chicago Lockbox?  I am having serious concerns now about the status of our delivery and initial application.  Either they lost it, or it's being rejected for some reason?!?!  This was Lawyer processed and sent by the Lawyer (and I have received the delivery from USPS that it was received at the Chicago Lockbox).  Dang it!  I just don't get it.........................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Northerndynasty said:

Hmmm...happy for you that you've already got your case created.  Rather disappointed, as we are technically 'January' filers (USPS delivered on Jan 28th), and have YET to receive any kind of notification.  Did you send your to the Chicago Lockbox?  I am having serious concerns now about the status of our delivery and initial application.  Either they lost it, or it's being rejected for some reason?!?!  This was Lawyer processed and sent by the Lawyer (and I have received the delivery from USPS that it was received at the Chicago Lockbox).  Dang it!  I just don't get it.........................

I sent to the Chicago Lockbox. But I dont know how accurate is the usps mail update. Because I sent the mail on Jan 30 and the officer in usps said that the mail will arrive on Feb 1. 

I received a text msg from USCIS on Feb 5 saying the case is open on Feb 4. But the usps app only showed the mail delivered on Feb 6.

Hopefully you will receive news from USCIS soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, siulamvb said:

I sent to the Chicago Lockbox. But I dont know how accurate is the usps mail update. Because I sent the mail on Jan 30 and the officer in usps said that the mail will arrive on Feb 1. 

I received a text msg from USCIS on Feb 5 saying the case is open on Feb 4. But the usps app only showed the mail delivered on Feb 6.

Hopefully you will receive news from USCIS soon. 

Well...this would be some 2 weeks after USPS confirmed delivery.  I appreciate your well-wishes.  I’m not feeling too good about this right about now.......  ugh!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.