Danny70

how long till visa in hand on average?

17 posts in this topic

Hey!! As long as everything goes well and there’s isn’t anything that would require additional (extensive) security checks it should be about a week and a half to two weeks. It’s hard to say because everyone’s cases are different. My husbands medical hadn’t arrived at the embassy yet for his interview but luckily arrived the day after so he got his visa issued quite quickly. You’ll see a lot of status updates until the visa is ultimately issued. Everyone goes into administrative processing after their interview and this is where timing could be anything. Most simple cases are in ap for a few days but it can be days or weeks, and in more complex cases months or years. Just keep checking your case status online after the interview and remember not to book anything travel wise until after you get your visa in hand. Good luck!! You’re almost there!

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

About 7 days. 

K-1 Visa Timeline

2016.08.11 - Mailed I-129f to USCIS

2016.08.12 - I-129 Received by USCIS

2016.08.16 - Received NOA1 via Txt Message

2016.08.18 - Received NOA1 I-797C via USPS

2016.09.21 - Received NOA2 via Txt Message (35 days)

2016.09.26 - Received NOA2 Hard copy via USPS

2016.10.06 - Received Case number from NVC

2016.10.12 - Case in Transit from NVC to BKK Embassy

2016.10.15 - Case Received by Consulate

2016.10.19 - Status changed from Transit to Ready

2016.10.20 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate via Post

2016.10.25 - Packet 4 received from Consulate (Interview scheduled 11/15/16)

2016.11.02 - Medical Exam completed

2016.11.15 - Visa Approved!! (90 Days)

2016.11.17 - Visa received via Thai Post

2016.11.30 - Arrived in the USA!! POE: Chicago

Timeline
2 hours ago, John951 said:

The CO told my girl one week, but it took 9 days, this was in January.

My fiance lives in Samut Prakan.  Does it matter where she lives? We want to spend Valentine's Day together and go to a concert in Minneapolis on the 16th. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Danny70 said:

My fiance lives in Samut Prakan.  Does it matter where she lives? We want to spend Valentine's Day together and go to a concert in Minneapolis on the 16th. 

I don't think it matters where you live , the Thai post delivered our packet 3 to the embassy quickly within one day from Phichit, so coming and going from Samut Prakan which is closer to the embassy should be just as quick. 16th will be cutting it close. Plus she will be jet lagged which takes 2-3 days to adjust. Also if she doesn't have all the required paperwork everything could be delayed by 30 days. I'd get my money back for the concert and catch the next one.

Chok Dee

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Deanwinchester said:

What language were the addresses you gave? Can you give it in Thai? Can you include a phone number?

I need to know.

The address is given when you fill out the GSS registration and payment for the interview. The address is given in English. I don't recall a phone number being requested.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Deanwinchester said:

What language were the addresses you gave? Can you give it in Thai? Can you include a phone number?

I need to know.

Yes, she showed me her DS-160. She put her address in thai and it asked for her cell number. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, John951 said:

I don't think it matters where you live , the Thai post delivered our packet 3 to the embassy quickly within one day from Phichit, so coming and going from Samut Prakan which is closer to the embassy should be just as quick. 16th will be cutting it close. Plus she will be jet lagged which takes 2-3 days to adjust. Also if she doesn't have all the required paperwork everything could be delayed by 30 days. I'd get my money back for the concert and catch the next one.

Chok Dee

If she's not here by the 14th. A buddy of mine is wanting to go. So no loss there. It just would be a big letdown. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Deanwinchester said:

My fiancé just did the ds-160 and you couldn’t put anything except her name in Thai. 

Did you file or mean the GSS?

I'm not for sure. I only looked at the DS-160.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Danny70 said:

Just make sure passport and visa is in hand and everything is correct before buying anything. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Danny70 said:

My Fiance's interview is Thursday morning @ 730am. We're both very excited and ready to finally get married! Can't wait!!!! How long did it take all of you guys to get the visa's in hand? 

It took us 1 week exactally from the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.