pamawemo

Flight arrangements and travel logistics

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pamawemo said:

That's a great photo! So she checked those boxes? Were they opened up at her POE and how did she secure them after that? Not sure my fiance even has two suitcases so the boxes is an idea.

Yes, checked from Taipei, Taiwan to DFW.  They didn't open them...She used a lot of tape...There is another suitcase hidden behind the boxes..LOL......Luckily, an airport employee helped her load them on the cart.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, pamawemo said:

That's a great photo! So she checked those boxes? Were they opened up at her POE and how did she secure them after that? Not sure my fiance even has two suitcases so the boxes is an idea.

I see passengers traveling to and from the Phils using BB boxes, as long as the boxes are within the dimension and weight requirements there is no issue.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

17 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I see passengers traveling to and from the Phils using BB boxes, as long as the boxes are within the dimension and weight requirements there is no issue.

So they don't open them going through customs at the POE? 

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll be flying to Manila in March from MSP. I use Kayak to look for flights, it's what I used last year too. Delta seems the way to go so far, little more expensive, but shorter layovers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, pamawemo said:

They didn't open my wife's boxes......but they always have the option to do so......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gregor Hanston said:

I'll be flying to Manila in March from MSP. I use Kayak to look for flights, it's what I used last year too. Delta seems the way to go so far, little more expensive, but shorter layovers.

What is your routing?  I leave msp on March 9

YMMV

Timeline

I haven't purchased the ticket yet, I'm still waiting on my MNL number. I had looked at flights from March 6 to the 26th, but that can all change. It was looking like MSP, to CHI, to Seoul, to Manila

Timeline
1 hour ago, pamawemo said:

Normally no.  I have been back and forth numerous time, never had my luggage checked.  And I see the people with boxes wheeling right on through also.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Gregor Hanston said:

I haven't purchased the ticket yet, I'm still waiting on my MNL number. I had looked at flights from March 6 to the 26th, but that can all change. It was looking like MSP, to CHI, to Seoul, to Manila

That is my exact route except to cebu on the 9th

YMMV

On 2/3/2019 at 7:49 AM, missileman said:

Be very careful when booking through Justfly.  I booked a flight through Tokyo via Justfly, and the connecting flight was in another airport 50 miles away........unfortunately, I didn't notice that until the night before departing Taipei, and it cost me several hundred dollars to get the arriving and connecting flight in NRT.  I will never use Justfly again...ever....

Also watch their hidden fees.  They claim that they don't charge fees, but then sneak them on.

Timeline
On 2/2/2019 at 2:03 PM, Hank_ said:

Each person get two checked bags (even in coach) on international flights.

My wife has zero issues flying to the U.S. with a stop in Japan.

At POE allow adequate time to clear immigration & customs for additional flight.

See I thought, if I had to choose somewhere to have my fiancee to ‘connect’ it would be Japan. I would never risk her connecting in China… im going yo try and get a direct flight to Lax or wherever.

Timeline
On 2/3/2019 at 6:49 AM, missileman said:

Be very careful when booking through Justfly.  I booked a flight through Tokyo via Justfly, and the connecting flight was in another airport 50 miles away........unfortunately, I didn't notice that until the night before departing Taipei, and it cost me several hundred dollars to get the arriving and connecting flight in NRT.  I will never use Justfly again...ever....

Not just just fly.  Always need to take notice of a possible airport change on any booking on any site 

YMMV

Timeline
16 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

See I thought, if I had to choose somewhere to have my fiancee to ‘connect’ it would be Japan. I would never risk her connecting in China… im going yo try and get a direct flight to Lax or wherever.

Narita is a big airport, but the staff there is very helpful and friendly ..  we always have to hustle to get to our next date.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Narita is a big airport, but the staff there is very helpful and friendly ..  we always have to hustle to get to our next date.

She would have 1.5 hours. Is that enough time at Narita?

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, pamawemo said:

She would have 1.5 hours. Is that enough time at Narita?

Should be, that is about the amount time we usually have, and we still end up sitting around at the next gate waiting to board.     They will also run everyone through scanners on the way to the next gates, but like said they are efficient.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.