morgan.croft

N-400 February 2019 Filers

1,124 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just walked into ASC and got my biometrics done, I just printed out a copy of the notice and walked in. 

The guys were very supportive and I was done in 15 mins.

Timeline
2 hours ago, txdoc said:

Hey guys,

FO: New Orleans, LA. Filed 2/3/19, FP notice 2/9/19, FP appointment 3/1/19. I live 2 hours from the field office, but will try to walk in next week. I'm trying to get there around 8am; does that usually work? Want to make sure before I make the long drive!

Estimated case completion: 20 months (lol..)

Online processing time 14.5 - 21 months

Hopefully it goes faster than that. I was eligible to apply in October, but couldn't get around to it till now. Oh well.. better late than never!

Go for it! I just walked in and got them done, my Biometrics was scheduled for March 1

Timeline
4 hours ago, morgan.croft said:

What did it show before biometrics?

I was curious so I looked back on the thread before it showed 11 months and now its 9 months. 

Thats what triggered me to do a walk in today!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Awesome... My appointment is next week, and the office is about 2-2.5 hours away, so I'll just hang onto my original appt. But glad to hear everyone is able to get a walk in appointment without any issues :)

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

07/31/15: I-130 Mailed
08/06/15: NOA1 -- California Service Center
10/26/15: NOA2

NVC - 61 Days

11/05/15: NVC Received Case
11/25/15: Completed DS-261
11/28/15: Paid AOS Fee
11/30/15: DS-261 Reviewed Over Phone
12/02/15: Paid IV Fee
12/04/15: DS-260 Completed
12/04/15: Scan Date
01/05/16: Case Complete

CANADA

02/25/16: Interview - APPROVED!!!
03/07/16: Visa in hand

03/29/18: POE @ YVR

Removal of Conditions - 630 Days

Spoiler

01/16/18: I-751 Delivered

01/19/18: NOA1 -- Vermont Service Center

02/27/18: Biometrics

07/03/19: Case Transferred to NBC

09/26/19: Congressional Inquiry sent to USCIS

10/07/19: Received call from USCIS - Combo Interview scheduled for 10/08/19

10/08/19: I-751 & N-400 Interview -- APPROVED

Naturalization - 267 Days

Spoiler

02/01/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/01/19: NOA1

02/20/19: Biometrics

07/03/19: Interview Interview Cancelled - Haven't received I751

09/26/19: Congressional Inquiry sent to USCIS

10/07/19: Received call from USCIS - Combo Interview scheduled for 10/08/19

10/08/19: I-751 & N-400 Interview -- APPROVED

10/25/19: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

So the Case tracker app notified me that my case is actively being reviewed.
A few minutes later I login, it shows completion time = Apr 2020 (previously it was March 2020) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning all!

We just submitted my husband's N-400 online and paid via debit card. It's nice that they debit the account right away lol. There are two ASC centers near us I believe so luckily it won't be an issue. We are in San Diego. There are many applicants. They do a ceremony once a month here. My mom filed her N-400 application I believe late 2017, got an interview in August 2018, didn't pass the written exam, retook it late October and passed finally. She was approved. She has been waiting to hear about her ceremony for a few months as you can see. She spoke to an agent last night who informed her it is normal to from 9-6 months after you pass the interview and exam to wait for a ceremony :(. It's frustrating on all ends. 

4 hours ago, frida_e said:

On 2/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, txdoc said:

4 hours ago, frida_e said:

Good morning all!

We just submitted my husband's N-400 online and paid via debit card. It's nice that they debit the account right away lol. There are two ASC centers near us I believe so luckily it won't be an issue. We are in San Diego. There are many applicants. They do a ceremony once a month here. My mom filed her N-400 application I believe late 2017, got an interview in August 2018, didn't pass the written exam, retook it late October and passed finally. She was approved. She has been waiting to hear about her ceremony for a few months as you can see. She spoke to an agent last night who informed her it is normal to from 9-6 months after you pass the interview and exam to wait for a ceremony :(. It's frustrating on all ends. 

San Diego office is faster than other CA offices.  You can go to Visajourney immigration timelines and search by different offices.  San Diego office is processing the applicants whose priority dates are 10/2018.  But Santa Ana office is processing the applicants whose priority dates are 03/2018.

Edited by irvine

N-400

priority date is 02/03/2019

filing online (orange county, CA)

Biometrics walk-in on 02/12/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, irvine said:

San Diego office is faster than other CA offices.  You can go to Visajourney immigration timelines and search by different offices.  San Diego office is processing the applicants whose priority dates are 10/2018.  But Santa Ana office is processing the applicants whose priority dates are 03/2018.

I actually forgot to mention that my mom is a resident of Orange County so she is at the Santa Ana local offices. Thanks for pointing that out! 

I’m filling online form N400. And I'm looking for advice. I have issue with question about my spouse’s previous marriages. Question is “Has your current spouse been married previously?” I filled NO. But when I generated form to check if everything is correct I found that  the question “How many times has your current spouse been married” has answer 0, which is not right. Do/did you have the same issue? Should I be worried?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, VesnaCR said:

I’m filling online form N400. And I'm looking for advice. I have issue with question about my spouse’s previous marriages. Question is “Has your current spouse been married previously?” I filled NO. But when I generated form to check if everything is correct I found that  the question “How many times has your current spouse been married” has answer 0, which is not right. Do/did you have the same issue? Should I be worried?

Yeah I submitted my app 3-4 days ago. I submitted it as-is. Even I noticed the same thing in the pdf application.

29 minutes ago, prianca said:

Yeah I submitted my app 3-4 days ago. I submitted it as-is. Even I noticed the same thing in the pdf application.

Thank you for your answer. I have one more question about residency and employment. I know that based on marriage I have to provide information during the last 3 years. But application tells me that I'm missing information for 2 more years. Is it ok? Or it's better to give them info for last 5 years even if I didn't live in the US?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, VesnaCR said:

Thank you for your answer. I have one more question about residency and employment. I know that based on marriage I have to provide information during the last 3 years. But application tells me that I'm missing information for 2 more years. Is it ok? Or it's better to give them info for last 5 years even if I didn't live in the US?

Hi - I am not sure what the application is suggesting to you. My marriage is 4 years old but I had to provide residence, employment, and travel for 5 years. I would provide all the details honestly. 

On 2/5/2019 at 12:21 PM, morgan.croft said:

I did online. It was SUPER easy and fast. I actually received a case update the day after I submitted it saying I was scheduled for biometrics. 

Was super happy to not have to do a paper version.

Thanks for your informative post, I assumed I wasn't eligible for online filing, now I have set up an account. I've also got a pending I-751 from Jan 2018 but I moved recently so I have to wait 3 months to start my Natz application. 

Greetings to all the fellow February filers! I just submitted my application online. :) 

What should I expect next? Do you all get notification via email on any updates or do you have to log into your USCIS account every time, to check on the progress? 

Also, are we still going to receive anything in the mail (like biometrics appt letter?) or is everything online now? 

Good luck and smooth travels on this last immigration journey trip to all of you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.