kalikala

Submitted explanation for not filing taxes but NVC asking for tax transcript

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, kalikala said:

On the I-864 Part 6 No. 25 there is a checkbox that says "I was not required to file a Federal income tax return as my income was below the IRS required level and I have attached evidence to support this".

And this was checked for my petitioners I-864. There was a comment in CEAC saying to refer to the explanation for not filing taxes statement which was uploaded as an additional document which was also accepted. I dunno what is the point of being able to provide a comment if it is not being read or followed?

On first submission I also uploaded self-employed joint sponsors complete tax return, 1099s for the past 3 years and these were accepted. Also a written statement on the nature of her business was uploaded, business license, bank statements for past 6 months.

Even when you feel like you were meticulous with what you have uploaded, something like this makes you feel very deflated.

there would have been no way to know they wanted the statement for not filing taxes uploaded as the tax return/transcript from their message in CEAC so I had to call them to ask  

Complaining will accomplish nothing.  What I wrote is for "the reader".  You've already dealt with your issue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, pushbrk said:

Complaining will accomplish nothing.  What I wrote is for "the reader".  You've already dealt with your issue.

Please is this correct? My joint sponsor's Husband is still LPR and she recently filled out the form I864a as the household member of primary sponsor for her sister in law. No she is also my Joint sponsor. Her income is above of poverty guideline for 2019.
her sister in law case is still at NVC. Did she fill it correctly ? Thank YOu.

Capture123.PNG

Timeline
3 hours ago, SABB said:

Please is this correct? My joint sponsor's Husband is still LPR and she recently filled out the form I864a as the household member of primary sponsor for her sister in law. No she is also my Joint sponsor. Her income is above of poverty guideline for 2019.
her sister in law case is still at NVC. Did she fill it correctly ? Thank YOu.

Capture123.PNG

Yes, because the sister in law is not a permanent resident yet and may never be.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, because the sister in law is not a permanent resident yet and may never be.

Her Husband is Permanent Resident but He earns more than Her. He is not dependent on Her.

1) Does she still need to count him in her household or can exclude him? 

2) They don't file taxes as MARRIED FILING JOINTLY SO 

I don't need I864A From Her husband right? 

Thanks

Timeline
4 hours ago, SABB said:

Her Husband is Permanent Resident but He earns more than Her. He is not dependent on Her.

1) Does she still need to count him in her household or can exclude him? 

2) They don't file taxes as MARRIED FILING JOINTLY SO 

I don't need I864A From Her husband right? 

Thanks

Husband is part of her household but, because they don't file taxes jointly, theoretically, he does not need to provide an I-864a.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

On 6/10/2019 at 1:31 PM, pushbrk said:

I just saw my joint sponsor Tax return. Her mom is also dependent on her it is mentioned in tax return.

So i don't know if she can be mine joint sponsor or not.

She added total 4 person in her affidavit of support (i864).

But after i saw her mother in tax return now the total people are >>>
Herself + her husband(He is LPR) + her mom + her sister in law(case is at nvc still (submitted form i864a in conjunction with her brother) + me = so now the total is 5 i ? i didn't know that time that her mother is also dependent on her?

so the poverty guildeline for 5 dependents is 37,712 but her income of 2018 is 37,164. can she be mine joint sponsor?

Need YOUR suggestion please.

Edited by SABB

Timeline
44 minutes ago, SABB said:

I just saw my joint sponsor Tax return. Her mom is also dependent on her it is mentioned in tax return.

So i don't know if she can be mine joint sponsor or not.

She added total 4 person in her affidavit of support (i864).

But after i saw her mother in tax return now the total people are >>>
Herself + her husband(He is LPR) + her mom + her sister in law(case is at nvc still (submitted form i864a in conjunction with her brother) + me = so now the total is 5 i ? i didn't know that time that her mother is also dependent on her?

so the poverty guildeline for 5 dependents is 37,712 but her income of 2018 is 37,164. can she be mine joint sponsor?

Need YOUR suggestion please.

Does that include her husband's income?  What is their "current income" NOW, not 2018.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

12 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Does that include her husband's income?  What is their "current income" NOW, not 2018.

No she didn't use her husand's income(i864a) that is just her individual income. I don't know about current income(till the end of 2019 am i right?). can she do that if her current income is above poverty guildeline?

she doesn't file taxes married filing jointly so she doesn't have joint return.

Edited by SABB

Timeline
6 hours ago, SABB said:

No she didn't use her husand's income(i864a) that is just her individual income. I don't know about current income(till the end of 2019 am i right?). can she do that if her current income is above poverty guildeline?

she doesn't file taxes married filing jointly so she doesn't have joint return.

Not "until the end of 2019".  Take the gross from 1 full pay period times the number of pay periods in a full year.  The best practice if for the couple to do the same and COMBINE their income.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

6 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Not "until the end of 2019".  Take the gross from 1 full pay period times the number of pay periods in a full year.  The best practice if for the couple to do the same and COMBINE their income.

What should i do now? 

I have submitted her Affidavit of support on website i can't make changes until it is reviewed by NVC

CAN i get her husband i864a and submit it will it work? 

Timeline
7 hours ago, SABB said:

What should i do now? 

I have submitted her Affidavit of support on website i can't make changes until it is reviewed by NVC

CAN i get her husband i864a and submit it will it work? 

You would need both a new I-864 AND I-864a.  Since they don't file a joint return, their taxable income information will be different on their forms, but you still combine it on her form in the section made for combining income with a household member.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

You would need both a new I-864 AND I-864a.  Since they don't file a joint return, their taxable income information will be different on their forms, but you still combine it on her form in the section made for combining income with a household

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

You would need both a new I-864 AND I-864a.  Since they don't file a joint return, their taxable income information will be different on their forms, but you still combine it on her form in the section made for combining income with a household member.

Can't i just go with the old form? Her sister in law case is submitted at nvc but she didn't get to interview yet and didn't get visa.maybe i would get visa from her first. It may happen. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, SABB said:

Can't i just go with the old form? Her sister in law case is submitted at nvc but she didn't get to interview yet and didn't get visa.maybe i would get visa from her first. It may happen. 

No, because the old form doesn't have the couple's income combined.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.