Sarah22

help please

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 minute ago, DESERT_ROSE said:

If he lives in the state where he was born, can be done in any county as the info is extracted from the government state database.

That will vary by state, in my experience.

I do do agree that he should try.  

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I agree with you. He should try and the US is good in facilating services for their citizens.

Morocco is another story, still back in time.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
23 minutes ago, DESERT_ROSE said:

I agree with you. He should try and the US is good in facilating services for their citizens.

Morocco is another story, still back in time.....

Yeah I told him that and he was gong to do it online but he is living in another state than the state he was born, so they told him it might take longer but idk tbh we will see thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You don't need to submit all of the pages copied. I think submitting all of the unnecessary paperwork increases your risk of RFE, not because you forgot to send something but because you submitted extra paperwork it can make it easier for the officer to miss something within the papers you did submit. 

I highly recommend following the instructions of the forms you are going to submit, not following instructions that were used years ago. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

5 minutes ago, Sarah22 said:

Yeah I told him that and he was gong to do it online but he is living in another state than the state he was born, so they told him it might take longer but idk tbh we will see thank you 

Online will work but he will have to pay extra to expedite which is worth it and be ready for some extruciate security questions to identify his true identity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I agree, I had to go to the Town Hall where I was born to get a Certified Copy.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, George & Roth said:

You don't need to submit all of the pages copied. I think submitting all of the unnecessary paperwork increases your risk of RFE, not because you forgot to send something but because you submitted extra paperwork it can make it easier for the officer to miss something within the papers you did submit. 

I highly recommend following the instructions of the forms you are going to submit, not following instructions that were used years ago. 

Well they asking for all pages as well... So that's what we did,  we did what they asked for "all pages " , even lawyers told us this,  and you can't get a rfe for additional paperwork it called request for evidence if they need more evidence or paperwork.... 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sarah22 said:

Well they asking for all pages as well... So that's what we did,  we did what they asked for "all pages " , even lawyers told us this,  and you can't get a rfe for additional paperwork it called request for evidence if they need more evidence or paperwork.... 

They no longer ask for all pages, you are using the old instructions not the new ones. Many people now follow the correct instructions and have no issues by not copying all pages. I see no reason to send in extra papers they don’t need, and I do believe sending in extra papers they don’t want is a bad idea. More useless papers is more chance for error and erroneous RFE

Also your lawyer should get up to date on proper instructions. 

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
6 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

They no longer ask for all pages, you are using the old instructions not the new ones. Many people now follow the correct instructions and have no issues by not copying all pages. I see no reason to send in extra papers they don’t need, and I do believe sending in extra papers they don’t want is a bad idea. More useless papers is more chance for error and erroneous RFE

Also your lawyer should get up to date on proper instructions. 

The best place to check on this info was USCIS website and they saying "copy of passport " and not just first page If they were asking for one first page they would specify it, I submitted the whole passport because a lot of people recently did the same and it worked, they won't get you rfe for additional paperS that's a fact!!!! They will ask you for rfe when they need extra paperwork!!! Thank you ☺ 

Edited by Sarah22

Timeline

Correct, the RFE will not say “you sent too many papers.” It will ask for a passport photo that you already included but was stuck in between all of those blank pages you sent. 😜 😱🤡

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
3 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Correct, the RFE will not say “you sent too many papers.” It will ask for a passport photo that you already included but was stuck in between all of those blank pages you sent. 😜 😱🤡

😂 well I organized It better than my whole life, I'm sure They will open it to see the first page of it and blank pages all left behind, I organized very well like the passport itself don't worry and wish us luck ☺ 

Edited by Sarah22

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 7:37 PM, Sarah22 said:

please help . my fiance lost his birth certificate and he has just copy of front page  . can we use just all pages of his passport ??? instead we freaking out and don't want to get rfe please help 

Hi Sarah,

You don't have to freak out. If you need replacement, it's quite easy to get one. I was in the same situation that your fiancé. I lost my birth certificate when I decided to move to a new house. So I looked online on how to get a copy to proceed correctly. At usbirthcertificates, I read all the requirements for it.  To request a copy of a birth certificate, the applicant should submit an application form signed. After completing the application form, you have to mail it to your birth state’s vital records office along with a copy of a photo ID as proof of identity. You will also need to pay your state’s processing fee.

Some states also require that a sworn statement verifying the identity of the applicant is provided along with the application. In such cases, you will need to sign your petition in front of a notary public.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.