dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

That is the correct amount for NVC, depending on your Embassy they may require a higher income. I would ask that question in your Embassy forum. 

Thanks, I will do that. He does earn a lot more than $25,975 but just wanted to check if that was correct.  Many thanks for your response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
25 minutes ago, smislondon said:

Thanks, I will do that. He does earn a lot more than $25,975 but just wanted to check if that was correct.  Many thanks for your response.

It’s very hard to give advice at the NVC level, because each Embassy is different and can require more than what NVC requires. The Embassy forums are very helpful. If he makes a lot more than that you all will be fine. He just has to show his current income to the Embassy officer. 

6 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

It’s very hard to give advice at the NVC level, because each Embassy is different and can require more than what NVC requires. The Embassy forums are very helpful. If he makes a lot more than that you all will be fine. He just has to show his current income to the Embassy officer. 

Ok thanks. Just have to figure out how he will show his current income as he's self employed. 

8 minutes ago, smislondon said:

Ok thanks. Just have to figure out how he will show his current income as he's self employed. 

If he is self employed is he able to get a 1099 form that shows his income? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, KG2015 said:

Hello everyone. Does NVC send a hard copy of the case number and Invoice ID#  or any other correspondences via postal mail? Or only via email? Tia

I believe almost always through email. You can call them to make sure they have your email correctly. Or they'll use the same emails you provided USCIS.

3 hours ago, kateree11 said:

Hello

does anyone know if the translation for a document is suppose to be upload together on ONE pdf file or separate ?

for example birth certificate and translation together one pdf file.

Hey yes our lawyer uploaded my birth certificate the original and translated on one PDF and it was accepted! 

18 hours ago, Jmariega said:

Question... 

I got my husband’s police certificate in early January and just got my case number yesterday. On the NVC site it says that it expires after a year but someone told me that the country that he is in (Dominican Republic), the certificates expire after 30 days. If this is true then it expires next week. Does anyone knows if this is true. It seems like a short time. If it is expired can I still upload it for NVC and just get a new police certificate before the interview? 

I'm going to follow you because I want to know the same thing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I’m sorry, but everyone must have a timeline to get responses from individuals here. It is not fair for VJ members to provide information to individuals who have not created a timeline, which will help other VJ members track the progress of USCIS and NVC. If you don’t have a timeline we should not provide you with answers to your questions. Our security is a concern as well. 

Edited by SM&RM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.