34 posts in this topic

Goodday, please my question is in 2017 I applied for an F1 visa and was denied. During the filling of the DS160 form which was done by an agent, I just realized there were errors with my marital status, employment history and others. My question is when filling the DS260 form which will be done by both my husband and I, will definitely declare I was denied and F1 visa on grounds of not having stronger ties with home country. Now my issue is if an issue of my marital status and others come up during my immigrant visa interview how do I go by it. What can of immigration do I give the consular that will be acceptable. Thank you so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate post removed. Please do not post your question more than once or in other members threads~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

57 minutes ago, Skyler04 said:

Goodday, please my question is in 2017 I applied for an F1 visa and was denied. During the filling of the DS160 form which was done by an agent, I just realized there were errors with my marital status, employment history and others. My question is when filling the DS260 form which will be done by both my husband and I, will definitely declare I was denied and F1 visa on grounds of not having stronger ties with home country. Now my issue is if an issue of my marital status and others come up during my immigrant visa interview how do I go by it. What can of immigration do I give the consular that will be acceptable. Thank you so much.

•  

Did you state you were married, and you were not?

12 minutes ago, Skyler04 said:

Single...hmmm

In the marital status column 

So you were married but put single?

Yes please but the truth of the matter is I wasn't the one who filled the DS160 form, was filled on my behalf by the agent who worked on my student admission. I didn't know of this whole process until I recently joined Visa Journey and went to view the previous DS160 submission only to realize the errors, with my employment history I have my appointment letter and pays lips since 2016 which he filled I was unemployed when he was filling the DS160 form . My question now is my husband and I will declare my visa denial during the DS260 filling but should the consular bring my previous DS160 information up during the immigrant visa interview how best can I answer those questions not to cause me issues in my immigrant visa application. Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Skyler04 said:

Yes please but the truth of the matter is I wasn't the one who filled the DS160 form, was filled on my behalf by the agent who worked on my student admission. I didn't know of this whole process until I recently joined Visa Journey and went to view the previous DS160 submission only to realize the errors, with my employment history I have my appointment letter and pays lips since 2016 which he filled I was unemployed when he was filling the DS160 form . My question now is my husband and I will declare my visa denial during the DS260 filling but should the consular bring my previous DS160 information up during the immigrant visa interview how best can I answer those questions not to cause me issues in my immigrant visa application. Thank you. 

It does not matter if an agent worked on your previous application - your signature that the information was correct is what matters.  You are solely responsible for the information contained in your visa applications.

There is no way to ensure that the lie/error will not affect your current process.   All you can do is be completely honest going forward.

Edited by Jorgedig

2 minutes ago, Skyler04 said:

You should always speak the truth and not try to lie because it sounds better or you think it will get you out of trouble

2 hours ago, Skyler04 said:

What can of immigration do I give the consular that will be acceptable

Only the truth.

Ok so the best thing is to tell the consular it was an error and proof with my employment letter and payslips whiles the marriage certificate and evidence of marriage covers up for the marital status error??? Thank you.

Just now, Skyler04 said:

Ok so the best thing is to tell the consular it was an error and proof with my employment letter and payslips whiles the marriage certificate and evidence of marriage covers up for the marital status error??? Thank you.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Skyler04 said:

Thank you so much sir. Please Do I have to write a written statement to back that up too???

Yes, it would be a good idea to include an explanation of the inaccuracies on your other petition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.