Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I would happily write the letter myself, but our HR department has its rules, and they are, apparently, hard and fast. I feel like my request has flustered them!  I'm happy that they are trying to find a way to do it for me. 😆 I think they'll work it out with the information I will provide.

You could reapply and be approved before they come to their senses and see their is no harm. I think they are afraid of getting sued or being held accountable in some fashion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, celie&joseph said:

Good lord! You threw a curve ball at them haha. Hope they get it to you soon!

I really did! They can hardly cope with this!!! Thank you, I hope they get it to me soon, too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Look if your income is higher then the average bear then you could get by with all that other evidence. Usually when they read the I-134 and you stated income is far above the average for your poverty level then they just move on from their. But if you are at or a little above they want to see proof with a letter. See what they say in the P3 for your embassy and follow it.

From what I red in Ukrainian section it looks like all the documents that I have will be more then enough. I will bring my promotion offer and it has my bosses signature as well as company logo and since I have been there for over a year all my bank statements show the job consistency. I don't make lots of money but about twice the minimum. so I should be good. 

Do you know if they look at credit cards. How much i owe? 

3 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

From what I red in Ukrainian section it looks like all the documents that I have will be more then enough. I will bring my promotion offer and it has my bosses signature as well as company logo and since I have been there for over a year all my bank statements show the job consistency. I don't make lots of money but about twice the minimum. so I should be good. 

Do you know if they look at credit cards. How much i owe? 

No they're not interested on how much you owe to your parents or financial institutions. :jest: Just if you have a enough income coming in. Funny way of determining if you can support your fiancé but hey it's the government. No accounting principals used here.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You could reapply and be approved before they come to their senses and see their is no harm. I think they are afraid of getting sued or being held accountable in some fashion.

I think that is exactly what that is. if you providing a support for someone by working there they might feel like they are responsible and its with government on top of everything. They are just afraid that they might get involved with stuff. But if you think about it they are responsible for our families anyway because they provide us money and we support family. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

I really did! They can hardly cope with this!!! Thank you, I hope they get it to me soon, too.

I thought I could do exactly as @celie&joseph and @Greenbaum did too!  I just asked my boss about it and was shocked that he said I needed to speak to HR and get something really official.  Who knew, lol! 

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, MaryDave1992 said:

I thought I could do exactly as @celie&joseph and @Greenbaum did too!  I just asked my boss about it and was shocked that he said I needed to speak to HR and get something really official.  Who knew, lol! 

Ughhh. Some people are sticklers for a way of doing things. I'm sorry! I hope HR gets you that paper out quick. I know here in the states there is such a thing as employment verification from business to business, usually when you're applying for a new job. But I think people believe that's what it is and that's why they think it's necessary to go through the HR hoops. I thought about asking the Support Manager to sign it (not my boss, but a boss lol) but he LOVESSSS rules and has military chain-of-command thinking so I was like Nahhhhh.... I'll wait for my boss to come back from the UK. lol

Edited by celie&joseph

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
6 hours ago, MaryDave1992 said:

It seems like such a simple thing to ask for. HR has decided that they are able to write the letter and give it directly to me. They did ask me to fill out a "Request for Employee Verication" form, though. I guess that keeps it official! 😄

Timeline
6 hours ago, Suki_R said:

Following this post! Received NOA 2 but we haven't start preparing for the next step yet.

Congratulations on your NOA2!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I called NVC today to ask about my case and I was told it could take 6 weeks for them to receive and generate my case number, that seems like an awfully long time 🙈. Does anyone know a rough estimate of the process from this point forward? My fiancé will be going to the Cairo, Egypt embassy but I can’t find much embassy specific info. 

1 minute ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

I called NVC today to ask about my case and I was told it could take 6 weeks for them to receive and generate my case number, that seems like an awfully long time 🙈. Does anyone know a rough estimate of the process from this point forward? My fiancé will be going to the Cairo, Egypt embassy but I can’t find much embassy specific info. 

That information is provided on the first page of this thread.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

I called them last week, got the same answer but I just rang again today ( a week later )  and they gave me my case number and it's not left for the embassy yet but at least I know it shouldn't be long. So don't worry to much it's just guidance I think :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
37 minutes ago, helen83 said:

I called them last week, got the same answer but I just rang again today ( a week later )  and they gave me my case number and it's not left for the embassy yet but at least I know it shouldn't be long. So don't worry to much it's just guidance I think :)

Thank you! I’m a bit confused as to what happens next. Can someone just briefly summarize the process? I know once we get an NVC case number we can submit all of our additional documents and pay any fees. But does our paperwork remain in NVC until we finish all these steps? 

50 minutes ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Thank you! I’m a bit confused as to what happens next. Can someone just briefly summarize the process? I know once we get an NVC case number we can submit all of our additional documents and pay any fees. But does our paperwork remain in NVC until we finish all these steps? 

1. You can start here: https://eg.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

2. Then your portal on VJ here: https://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Egypt

3. Then here for consulate information https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Egypt&cty=Cairo

4. Then here for Egypt US Consulate Reviews https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Egypt

5. Also, visit the VJ sub-forum for your region where you can ask questions specific to your country https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/97-middle-east-and-north-africa/

Normally I would have a P3 letter from your country but yours I do not have. Others have shared with me their P3's which I used to pass on those who come behind you just like I have tried here with you. If you do get a copy, could you share it with me. Just PM me here on VJ with a scanned copy. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.