wantmybaby

Trying to file late Report of Marriage in NYC consulate

21 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, wantmybaby said:

Awesome!  No more sending money to relative and having them go on an all-day trip to CDO, then mailing them back.

Make sure you use the FedEx option. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got the response.  The package was sent off on Feb 9, and it arrived today March 2 (so 3 weeks was actually accurate).  They included all our original documents plus our original ROM form had some additional stuff on it... some signature, some number that began with ROM-NY. and date of registration written on it as Feb 22.  I guess that's it?  It's slightly underwhelming as I was expecting some fancy new official-looking certificate or something.

So, now we get to go figure out how to file the dual citizenship stuff.  Horray.  Thanks for all the help.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
48 minutes ago, wantmybaby said:

We got the response.  The package was sent off on Feb 9, and it arrived today March 2 (so 3 weeks was actually accurate).  They included all our original documents plus our original ROM form had some additional stuff on it... some signature, some number that began with ROM-NY. and date of registration written on it as Feb 22.  I guess that's it?  It's slightly underwhelming as I was expecting some fancy new official-looking certificate or something.

So, now we get to go figure out how to file the dual citizenship stuff.  Horray.  Thanks for all the help.

Ya that is it for ROM, a copy of one of the form with references numbers added .

Keep that ROM document safe as it has the reference numbers for PSA to find it and print out copies for you ... one day.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 year later...

I seriously hate to necro.  However, in this thread @Hank_ states that CTC only applies to Marriage Cert/Records.  Quoting directly from New York consulates web page, it says what I pasted below.  Any insight on this?  How are we supposed to get CTC of these items if notaries will refuse?  I guess we could tear the Visa page out of her passport for that one.  But what about the bio pages then?

They can't seriously expect us to mail in the originals leaving us without passports/ID's?

Thanks for any help.

Begin paste:

Proof of Filipino Citizenship of Applicant/s at the time of marriage

Submit one (1) original/CTC and (3) photocopies.

Samples of proof of Filipino citizenship are: US Naturalization Certificate, US Permanent Resident Card, Valid Visa or Work Permit; or Dual Citizenship papers (Identification Certificate and Approval Order)

Valid Passports or IDs of Husband & Wife

Submit one (1) Certified True Copy or CTC and (3) photocopies.

Valid passports or IDs of HUSBAND and WIFE who is filing the application.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Strontium said:

I seriously hate to necro.  However, in this thread @Hank_ states that CTC only applies to Marriage Cert/Records.  Quoting directly from New York consulates web page, it says what I pasted below.  Any insight on this?  How are we supposed to get CTC of these items if notaries will refuse?  I guess we could tear the Visa page out of her passport for that one.  But what about the bio pages then?

They can't seriously expect us to mail in the originals leaving us without passports/ID's?

Thanks for any help.

Begin paste:

Proof of Filipino Citizenship of Applicant/s at the time of marriage

Submit one (1) original/CTC and (3) photocopies.

Samples of proof of Filipino citizenship are: US Naturalization Certificate, US Permanent Resident Card, Valid Visa or Work Permit; or Dual Citizenship papers (Identification Certificate and Approval Order)

Valid Passports or IDs of Husband & Wife

Submit one (1) Certified True Copy or CTC and (3) photocopies.

Valid passports or IDs of HUSBAND and WIFE who is filing the application.

I wish I had easy answers.  The consulate should know that it is impossible to get a CTC of a passport.

This is 2021.  That posting was 2019 and here are the listed requirements from then, CTC wasn't listed.    << Not sure why they changed things.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS:

1. Four (4) original duly-accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, signed by both husband and wife. Wives should indicate their maiden name as the last name. If submitting by mail, the completed forms must be notarized.
  2. Covering letter (handwritten or typed), addressed to the Consular Section, indicating service/transaction requested and telephone number or email address for contact details
  3. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Record (original will be returned)
  4. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned)
  5. Four (4) photocopies each of the passports of both spouses
  6. Four (4) photocopies of additional proof of Philippine citizenship of the Filipino spouse/s (greencard, valid visa, notice of action, work permit, dual IC)
  7. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the birth certificate/s of Filipino spouse/s.
  8. Notarized affidavit explaining the reasons for delayed registration if ROM is filed more than a year after marraige
  9. Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, if Report of Marriage is to be mailed back. For applicants from the Caribbean Islands, pre-paid mailing envelope from DHL.
  10. Processing fee of $25.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.).Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.
  11. For applicants residing in U.S. territories or other countries within the jurisdiction of the Philippine Embassy, applicants should enclose a treasurer’s, manager’s or certified check issued by a local bank that has a corresponding bank in the U.S. (the US National Bank Association is not a correspondent bank), payable to the courier of choice, in U.S. dollars

The Philippine consulates list the craziest stuff for the dumbest reason.  They ask for the original green card for some things .. and that is illegal as an LPR is required by law to keep the green card in their possession at all times.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks for the reply Hank.  Been researching this all morning.  The laws seem to vary from state to state.  Seems most will refer you to the issuing authority.  Which doesn't help in the case of the visa stamp...

I think we're going to try and contact someone at the consulate for clarification.  It seems really weird to require certified copies of those things when the thing that is to be proven is the marriage.

New York consulate doesn't list birth certificate either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.