Jump to content
Luk Dit Mo

Filling out my I-130/I-130a ahead of time

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have some questions about filling out the forms. Mostly for the 130a form the fiance lived both in Hong Kong and the Philippines. My question is this.. what about the address that DONT use a street name or house number?  Hong Kong doesnt use a postal code or where she lives is a University that doesnt use a street address. Should I use the university name somewhere in there? Back home in the Philippines, same thing I question what to use for the address. As far as the place to live, the town has a certain name within the province. But within the town its considered the one of the Barangays. 

 

Im sure I'll have questions later, I'll post them here.

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

I have some questions about filling out the forms. Mostly for the 130a form the fiance lived both in Hong Kong and the Philippines. My question is this.. what about the address that DONT use a street name or house number?  Hong Kong doesnt use a postal code or where she lives is a University that doesnt use a street address. Should I use the university name somewhere in there? Back home in the Philippines, same thing I question what to use for the address. As far as the place to live, the town has a certain name within the province. But within the town its considered the one of the Barangays. 

 

Im sure I'll have questions later, I'll post them here.

 

Thanks in advance!

I-130 is not the correct form to petition for a fiancee.  Are you already married?

 

In terms of the addresses, I would format it in whatever way is used for the local mail delivery.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I-130 is not the correct form to petition for a fiancee.  Are you already married?

Seems OP is not married yet but thinking ahead. The thread title is "Filling out my I-130/I-130a ahead of time"

Edited by accumbyte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, accumbyte said:

Seems OP is not married yet but thinking ahead. The thread title is "Filling out my I-130/I-130a ahead of time"

That is possible, yes, but in the same sentence he references that form and a fiancee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

I have some questions about filling out the forms. Mostly for the 130a form the fiance lived both in Hong Kong and the Philippines. My question is this.. what about the address that DONT use a street name or house number?  Hong Kong doesnt use a postal code or where she lives is a University that doesnt use a street address. Should I use the university name somewhere in there? Back home in the Philippines, same thing I question what to use for the address. As far as the place to live, the town has a certain name within the province. But within the town its considered the one of the Barangays. 

 

Im sure I'll have questions later, I'll post them here.

 

Thanks in advance!

I don't know about Hong Kong but for the Philippines I just used the following address for my fiance:

Brgy. Poblacion

New Bataan, Province Name, Postal code 8110 

Philippines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I don't know about Hong Kong but for the Philippines I just used the following address for my fiance:

Brgy. Poblacion

New Bataan, Province Name, Postal code 8110 

Philippines

I agree with that, theres no street address which concerns me. Same thing for HK, the university  has no street address..  

 

town? Clearwater bay 

Province: Kowloon

NO Postal code!

Hong Kong

 

got to be closest thing to fill that out as..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

I agree with that, theres no street address which concerns me. Same thing for HK, the university  has no street address..  

 

town? Clearwater bay 

Province: Kowloon

NO Postal code!

Hong Kong

 

got to be closest thing to fill that out as..

What city is your fiance from in the Philippines? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure there isn't a newer edition of the forms before you file, they will reject any forms that have expired.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scandi said:

Just make sure there isn't a newer edition of the forms before you file, they will reject any forms that have expired.

No they reject the forms that have been replaced.   Just because the OMB date is expired it does not invalidate the form.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

No they reject the forms that have been replaced.   Just because the OMB date is expired it does not invalidate the form.

That's  exactly what I meant, and that's why it's important to make sure you have the form that is up-to-date when you file. Hence my "warning".


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scandi said:

Just make sure there isn't a newer edition of the forms before you file, they will reject any forms that have expired.

 

3 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

No they reject the forms that have been replaced.   Just because the OMB date is expired it does not invalidate the form.

just a noticed the last forms went out of date 07/2017 (dont know the exact date out of head) USCIS has nothing past those dates of 07/2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

last forms went out of date 07/2017

Those are the most current. Just check the USCIS site before you send them in ro see if there are new ones.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

 

just a noticed the last forms went out of date 07/2017 (dont know the exact date out of head) USCIS has nothing past those dates of 07/2017

You don't really have to go by any date at all. Like others have said, you just send in the form that is on USCIS website the day you send in your application (meaning whatever is there now might not be the same that is there when you are ready to send it in), no matter what the date says. They always use the latest version on their website.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

 

ROC: 04-19-2019 earliest filing date

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×