wvkeith

Lying on K1 application

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If ever there was a need for visitors to have to submit police reports is this. Goodness

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hmm, people keep playing with Uncle Sam. It's just a matter of time. Who knows, there might be an FBI agent secretly monitoring this site. 

23 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Hmm, people keep playing with Uncle Sam. It's just a matter of time. Who knows, there might be an FBI agent secretly monitoring this site. 

When i read threads like this, i wish they would. But i dont think they have the time to put people on here to watch a forum and find out who they are lmao.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Here is straight from USCIS manual for OP's path down in the near future...

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/Print/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartL.html

OP will be inline with denaturalization when USCIS finds out about this part,

• Concealment of a material fact or willful misrepresentation.

Here is a sample of case denaturalization case,

https://abc13.com/archive/7829035/

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
5 hours ago, wvkeith said:

My wife's friend is from the Philippines.  She spent 12 years living and working in Dubai.  She committed some sort of crime involving money and spent 3 years in jail.  After being released from jail, she was deported from Dubai and received a ban from re-entering the country.  When her petitioner applied for the K1, she obtained a new Filipino passport and lied saying she had only ever been to Singapore and made no mention of Dubai.  She's in the US now and just got married.  She's now worried that all this is going to come back to bite her when she applies for her green card.  What are the penalties for failing to disclose the Dubai incident and would spending 3 months in jail for a financial crime be reason to deport on it's own or in conjunction with the lying on the application?

3 years or 3 months?

Timeline
36 minutes ago, dandk said:

Here is straight from USCIS manual for OP's path down in the near future...

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/Print/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartL.html

OP will be inline with denaturalization when USCIS finds out about this part,

• Concealment of a material fact or willful misrepresentation.

Here is a sample of case denaturalization case,

https://abc13.com/archive/7829035/

Yeah this one’s pretty bad.  Wow

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

I am genuinely curious as to why this background would not have been identified during the petition/K-1 process.....any idea?

No police certificate or prison record available from UAE

1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

No police certificate or prison record available from UAE

She never reported to anyone at any time that she had ever been outside the Philippines except for a trip to Singapore.  She even got a new pass port so it would be clean.  The NBI in Philippines only investigated the areas she said she had been.  I don't know what sort of background is done when you apply for the green card but I do know my wife had pictures taken, fingerprints collected and signature collected.  Then a couple months later we went to Pittsburgh for an interview and she got her green card a week or so later.  This girl thought getting married was the end of the process and didn't know anything about the I-485!

3 hours ago, jakejon said:

Karma will come and bite her in the butt. Maybe not today but down the road...honesty is everything!! People who hide things nor disclose normally do more harm in the long run!! 

I think it already is because when she found out she will have more paperwork and an interview for green card, she flipped out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Kinda sucks hearing people doing this.. I feel like I've disclosed every corner of my life to USCIS (I often joke the next thing they'll need is a DNA/blood sample)... It sounds like the woman has gotten away with it as she's gotten through the security clearances at NVC and her home country US consulate. Only thing is she will have to constantly live in fear of immigration knocking on her door one day to deport her. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You probably won't do this, but essentially you know someone who has committed immigration fraud and it should be reported to USCIS so that they can investigate if they choose to.  The right thing to do would be to call USCIS and report it.  People like the one you described, are not likely to change.  She tried to get away with financial fraud and got caught and imprisoned in another country.  Now she's trying immigration fraud, see the pattern?  Most likely this behavior will continue, and if she gets away with the immigration fraud she will try the financial fraud again.  I feel sorry for the USC who petitioned for her.  Did he know before she came to the US that he was imprisoned for financial crimes and that she lied to get a K-1 visa?  He should think about this seriously before filing AOS for her.  And his financial and other valuable assets should be safe and as far away from her as possible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.