Jasmine102

What i should do

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Me and my husband dont know that we should send 2 form I130 for me and his step son (my son) .. we thought my son didnt need that form too.. when my husband call uscis, they told him to send I130 express letter.. what is that mean? What we should do? Please help.. because now i already got NOA1.. 

Thank you

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

When your husband files the I-130 for your son, he should include a photocopy of your NOA1.  In the cover letter, he will request that the I-130 be expedited and be paired up with your I-130.  

When did your husband send in the I-130 for you?

Timeline

It may take a while for your son's case to catch up to yours.

Has your I-130 been approved?

If your case is at the NVC, you can slow down your case so your son's case can catch up.  Pay the fees and wait to submit the DS-260 and the I-864.  You have up to one year to submit those forms.  Delaying your case may be a solution so you and your son can both immigrate together.  

Best of luck.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

If your case is at the NVC, you can slow down your case so your son's case can catch up.  Pay the fees and wait to submit the DS-260 and the I-864.  You have up to one year to submit those forms.  Delaying your case may be a solution so you and your son can both immigrate together.  

Best of luck.

4 hours ago, Jasmine102 said:

Me and my husband dont know that we should send 2 form I130 for me and his step son (my son) .. we thought my son didnt need that form too.. when my husband call uscis, they told him to send I130 express letter.. what is that mean? What we should do? Please help.. because now i already got NOA1.. 

Thank you

The above is good advice.  Since they asked him to express the second petition it implies at least that they will make some effort to merge your cases as soon as his petition is received.  Good luck!

Timeline
4 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Best of luck.

Yes.. my I130 been approved... 

Thank you ...

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jasmine102 said:

Yes.. my I130 been approved... 

Thank you ...

Pay the NVC fees for yourself now.  Wait to file the DS-260 and I-864 in order to give USCIS time to approve the I-130 for your son and forward it to the NVC.  Once the NVC fees are paid for your son, then both of you should submit your separate DS-260 at the same time.  

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

The above is good advice.  Since they asked him to express the second petition it implies at least that they will make some effort to merge your cases as soon as his petition is received.  Good luck!

Thank you

Timeline
19 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Pay the NVC fees for yourself now.  Wait to file the DS-260 and I-864 in order to give USCIS time to approve the I-130 for your son and forward it to the NVC.  Once the NVC fees are paid for your son, then both of you should submit your separate DS-260 at the same time.  

If i wait to file DS-260 and I-864 not gonna make my I130 expired right? 

Thank you

Timeline

https://www.philipcurtislaw.com/news/2018/2/18/tips-for-processing-an-immigrant-visa-petition-at-the-national-visa-center

DO STAY IN CONTACT WITH THE NVC

Cases which are pending at the NVC and have been inactive for a period of 12 months will be closed and returned for lack for processing. Additionally, all fees and documents expire after one year from last contact with the applicant or petitioner. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

No.  You have one year to file the DS-260 and I-864 after paying the fees.

Oh ok... thank you aaron2020

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'll just add that it is unlikely USCIS will expedite the son's petition.  Expect it to take as long as your did or even longer to be approved.  Next time, carefully study the form's instructions before proceeding.  The I-130 instructions tell you to file a separate petition for a step child.  They are very clear on that.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
35 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

I'll just add that it is unlikely USCIS will expedite the son's petition.  Expect it to take as long as your did or even longer to be approved.  Next time, carefully study the form's instructions before proceeding.  The I-130 instructions tell you to file a separate petition for a step child.  They are very clear on that.

Yes.. i missed bout that.. i thought we already put his name in my I130 so we dont need file I130 for him.. because we send all his file like birth certificate etc with my I130 too.. 

I hope they understand bout this..  

Thank you

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jasmine102 said:

Yes.. i missed bout that.. i thought we already put his name in my I130 so we dont need file I130 for him.. because we send all his file like birth certificate etc with my I130 too.. 

I hope they understand bout this..  

Thank you

They understand you didn't file an I-130 for the child.  They won't care why or what you "thought" incorrectly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.