King's

After k1 second interview

38 posts in this topic

I live in south Korea so i had my first interview on the 18th of Dec. 2018. And after that I was placed under AP, and I wasn't given any reasons why or asked to bring any more document, But then barely 1month I was called for another interview which happened this month on the 23rd,and this interview was conducted by the FPU unit,and during this interview my fiancee was called In the US and asked a lot of questions which I have never heard before, but then it all went well because she gave them the answers just like I gave them while they asked me some of the questions they asked her..(and they really asked lots of questions) But then after the interview I was told that I will be contacted again soon. So right now I don't know what else they could be checking, or if I will be called for another interview or something else, or if I will be approved, I and my fiancee are just in this place where we don't just know what else to do.. Please has anyone experienced this? Or know someone that has? Or what's your opinions on this? Do we have hope of been approved? Thanks. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

From the info given, it sounds like they are not confident about the legitimacy of the relationship. How much time have the 2 of u known each other? How much time together in-person? Evidence of meeting family members, ongoing contact after the initial petition? 

Edited by TandSarahJane

1 hour ago, TandSarahJane said:

From the info given, it sounds like they are not confident about the legitimacy of the relationship. How much time have the 2 of u known each other? How much time together in-person? Evidence of meeting family members, ongoing contact after the initial petition? 

We have know each other more than a year.. She is visited twice.. We have lots of pics and conversations to prove that..evidence of meeting family members is here.. And from the first interview to this second one, they have not asked for any prove yet..that I don't why.. And they did call my fiancee too.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, King's said:

We have know each other more than a year.. She is visited twice.. We have lots of pics and conversations to prove that..evidence of meeting family members is here.. And from the first interview to this second one, they have not asked for any prove yet..that I don't why.. And they did call my fiancee too.. 

we need more info to give you a more accurate idea of what they wanted. But as other have/will say: sounds like you didn't provide enough evidence. Did you provide all the necessary evidence at interview? did you frontload it? was all the financial in order? letter of intent to marry? was there some ring purchased? there is an overwhelming amount of evidence needed and that will make your K-1 approved. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, King's said:

Beneficiary is Nigerian (according to profile), which is a high-fraud country.  If u don't have a lot of front-loaded evidence then this is where the red flags start and could be the reason.  Is there a large age gap? Other differences like occupation, religion?

5 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

we need more info to give you a more accurate idea of what they wanted. But as other have/will say: sounds like you didn't provide enough evidence. Did you provide all the necessary evidence at interview? did you frontload it? was all the financial in order? letter of intent to marry? was there some ring purchased? there is an overwhelming amount of evidence needed and that will make your K-1 approved. 

OH yes I provided everything needed.. But there is one thing though.. The first US visa I applied for, I was wrongly advised to put that I was married even though I was not, I was advised that it shows that I have a strong tie at home and that? They have asked me about in both the interviews so far..and I was truthful in the both and apologised.. But the second interview was really thorough and my fiancee was called and was asked some questions too.. 

2 minutes ago, TandSarahJane said:

Beneficiary is Nigerian (according to profile), which is a high-fraud country.  If u don't have a lot of front-loaded evidence then this is where the red flags start and could be the reason.  Is there a large age gap? Other differences like occupation, religion?

No we don't have large age gap difference.. I'm thinking, like I just answered the other person, my first application for US visa I was wrongly advised to put in that I was married and that have been asked in the first and second interview.. The second interview was very thorough on that and I answered and apologised again like I did on the first interview.. But after all I was not approved or denied but told to be contacted again.. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, King's said:

OH yes I provided everything needed.. But there is one thing though.. The first US visa I applied for, I was wrongly advised to put that I was married even though I was not, I was advised that it shows that I have a strong tie at home and that? They have asked me about in both the interviews so far..and I was truthful in the both and apologised.. But the second interview was really thorough and my fiancee was called and was asked some questions too.. 

Well, this might be a problem, because you stated something false and know they may think this beneficiary is lying from there on. If you where put under AP and never come out of that loop, would be better to cancel the fiance process and get married and apply for spousal visa. Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by Alabamak1

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

7 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

Well, this might be a problem, because you stated something false and know they may think this beneficiary is lying from there on. If you where put under AP and never come out of that loop, would be better to cancel the fiance process and get married and apply for spousal visa. Just my 2 cents. 

Yes and that's a good advise because we have that at the back of our minds too.. But thanks a lot.. But do you think that after this second interview and actually calling my fiancee to actually confirm whatever is it that they are doing, that we might have a chance? Because they said to contact me again.. No final answer yet or asked to get more evidence or any documents after second interview.. 

Timeline
Just now, King's said:

Yes and that's a good advise because we have that at the back of our minds too.. But thanks a lot.. But do you think that after this second interview and actually calling my fiancee to actually confirm whatever is it that they are doing, that we might have a chance? Because they said to contact me again.. No final answer yet or asked to get more evidence or any documents after second interview.. 

IMO your I-129F is dead and will not go forward.  Have the USC go and consult with a lawyer about how to overcome this. Your case is no longer a DYI even for a spousal visa. You have now a high bar to overcome and you don't want to waste more money on something that may or may not be easy to overcome. Definitely try to figure out what will happen to your I-129F before you start anything else.

1 hour ago, Alabamak1 said:

IMO your I-129F is dead and will not go forward.  Have the USC go and consult with a lawyer about how to overcome this. Your case is no longer a DYI even for a spousal visa. You have now a high bar to overcome and you don't want to waste more money on something that may or may not be easy to overcome. Definitely try to figure out what will happen to your I-129F before you start anything else.

So how do I find out what happens to my 129F?

Timeline
1 minute ago, King's said:

So how do I find out what happens to my 129F?

first to figure out is to go to the CEAC website and see what it says.....probably AP (administrative processing) or something to those ends. Worse case: Denied

Timeline
1 minute ago, King's said:

We have checked and it keeps bringing up that it's not updated yet.. 

@John & Rose may be more informed on this. He is going through spousal visa now and had applied for k-1. 

3 hours ago, King's said:

But there is one thing though.. The first US visa I applied for, I was wrongly advised to put that I was married even though I was not, I was advised that it shows that I have a strong tie at home and that?

Hah. This is the stupidest advice ever and unfortunately you're not the first person who comes to this forums telling the same exact story.

Don't bother with K1 visa anymore. Get married and file for CR1 visa. In a meanwhile you need a document saying that you're "free to marry" aka "divorced" from your fake marriage. That is if they don't slap misrep on you. Just saying that you're sorry doesn't mean much...

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.