mikejoy2019

Possible questions to ask...Help pls

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I scheduled an info pass tomorrow and wondering what are the possible questions to ask them? I applied for my AOS last August and I don't have any updates since my biometrics. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, mikejoy2019 said:

I scheduled an info pass tomorrow and wondering what are the possible questions to ask them? I applied for my AOS last August and I don't have any updates since my biometrics. Thanks

I suppose you could ask them what the status of your application is, and whether you are "in-line for interview scheduling" or still in background checks.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

27 minutes ago, mikejoy2019 said:

What's the purpose of your service inquiry/infopass?

Is your NOA1 receipt date passed the date they have posted on the USCIS processing times website for the date they are currently processing I485's at your local field office? 

Unfortunately you are in the same boat as the majority and making a service inquiry before that date has passed is fruitless.

What is the appointment for...? I would suggest asking questions about that.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Thanks everyone. The info pass is get update about my AOS. Bio done and no update with my EAD and AP. Still "ready to be schedule for an interview".   Just getting bored waiting. ;) I live nearby the USCIS field office so just want to bother them. LoL

5 minutes ago, mikejoy2019 said:

Thanks everyone. The info pass is get update about my AOS. Bio done and no update with my EAD and AP. Still "ready to be schedule for an interview".   Just getting bored waiting. ;) I live nearby the USCIS field office so just want to bother them. LoL

Lol dont have great expectations. You are still well within the processing times of the EAD/AP as well. They just started August filers within the last two weeks. The NBC is processing EADs at 4 to 6 months with most approvals taking 5.5 months in the last few weeks. Updates are far and few inbetween for everyone. 

Bothering USCIS might not be a safe hobby. Just saying.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

It won't be harmful to one's case in any way to do so. That said, by the end of 2019 the ability to make Infopass appointments for this will be gone. USCIS is phasing it out now with many field offices with a planned completion for all field offices by the end of the year.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-expand-information-services-modernization-program-key-locations

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Let us know if they provide you with any valuable info that can't be found on the USCIS website. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, mikejoy2019 said:

Ah ok...in the original post you'd said you had no update since biometrics....the "ready to be scheduled or an interview" IS an update since then---at least it means you are in line and have cleared the background check stage.

I don't know if the infopass agent is going to be able to give you much more information than that, but good luck!

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline

Whew! We were just waiting for the USCIS field office to open, at the last minute I decided to check the online case status. Boom! INTERVIEW was SCHEDULED. We cancelled the info pass and just went home. 😊😂🤣😃😄

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
13 hours ago, mikejoy2019 said:

if you filed in august of 2018, you are with in normal processing time for estimated time for interview is 12-22 months.

EAD/AP they are working on August now normal time is 6-8 months.

3 hours ago, mikejoy2019 said:

Whew! We were just waiting for the USCIS field office to open, at the last minute I decided to check the online case status. Boom! INTERVIEW was SCHEDULED. We cancelled the info pass and just went home. 😊😂🤣😃😄

Congrats on that but for the future (i.e. N400 for citizenship) scheduling an infopass because you are bored and they are nearby is not the best use of their time and unfair to others.  There aren't many appointments and people struggle to get one.  You took a slot that could have gone to someone with a real emergency - like getting advanced parole for emergency travel to see a sick/dying relative.  

I guess it's a good thing USCIS is changing Infopass this year.

Edited by mtempelaar

2 hours ago, mtempelaar said:

Congrats on that but for the future (i.e. N400 for citizenship) scheduling an infopass because you are bored and they are nearby is not the best use of their time and unfair to others.  There aren't many appointments and people struggle to get one.  You took a slot that could have gone to someone with a real emergency - like getting advanced parole for emergency travel to see a sick/dying relative.  

I guess it's a good thing USCIS is changing Infopass this year.

Thank you for stating this. 

And yes, they ARE changing infopass and making it difficult for ppl to get an appt, for this VERY reason. (Ppl waste USCIS's time).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.