Scott Rusticus

Administrative Processing after visa approval

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, jcra615 said:

Also, you have six months from the date the visa is issued to enter the U.S. on a K1 visa

Incorrect.  K-1s are only valid for six months from the date of the medical, not 6 months from visa issue date.  Lots of VJ members whose AP went on for months had to get a new medical because of this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I am actually going to go ahead and disagree with you and say that if they are indeed leaving, they are trying to get through as many of them as possible in  order to not hold a bunch of Venezuelan passports in the US Embassy for an indeterminate amount of time! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

I am actually going to go ahead and disagree with you and say that if they are indeed leaving, they are trying to get through as many of them as possible in  order to not hold a bunch of Venezuelan passports in the US Embassy for an indeterminate amount of time! 

That sounds like wishful thinking........but administrative processing could mean anything from actually printing the visas to waiting for additional background checks outside the control of the consulate.  There just isn't any way to know what they will do or how long it will take..

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Not really how that works though.  During times of crisis, only essential services to US citizens will be provided.  They will not hastily approve visas without proper vetting.

If anything, those in AP would be sent to another consulate/embassy to finish processing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, this just came out:

https://ve.usembassy.gov/security-alert-u-s-embassy-caracas-venezuela-january-24-2019/

Edited by BryceAndRebeca

Timeline

Now what the hell happens? We’re just stuck in limbo and no one gives a . Hell she can’t even travel anywhere because they have her passport, so if we wanted to see each other we can’t AND no one will be there to answer any phones and I am SURE no one will communicate with us. 

11 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Now what the hell happens? We’re just stuck in limbo and no one gives a . Hell she can’t even travel anywhere because they have her passport, so if we wanted to see each other we can’t AND no one will be there to answer any phones and I am SURE no one will communicate with us. 

Watch news, keep yourselves informed. You seem surprised by all of this, but the severing of diplomatic ties in the form of evacuating embassy personnel out of both countries has been ALL over the news over the past 36 hours.  Check the state department website frequently.  Hopefully it won't delay things indefinitely, but I would also have her look into getting new passports.

Timeline

They are not giving out new passports in Venezuela, only two year extensions, so if they don’t give it back she will never get out of there. I can’t believe they would just keep someone’s passport forever. I never said I was surprised, so how about if you stop with the rude comments. You have no idea what I am feeling, so don’t try and be mister brilliant with me please. Of course I knew of what was being said. I am a very educated and smart person, but I was really trying to stay positive. Yes, there is nothing I can do but wait, I am well aware of that. However, you can bet I will be calling my representatives office in Washington EVERY DAY!!!!! He will know exactly who I am!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

They are not giving out new passports in Venezuela, only two year extensions, so if they don’t give it back she will never get out of there. I can’t believe they would just keep someone’s passport forever. I never said I was surprised, so how about if you stop with the rude comments. You have no idea what I am feeling, so don’t try and be mister brilliant with me please. Of course I knew of what was being said. I am a very educated and smart person, but I was really trying to stay positive. Yes, there is nothing I can do but wait, I am well aware of that. However, you can bet I will be calling my representatives office in Washington EVERY DAY!!!!! He will know exactly who I am!!!!!

I was not rude in any way.  If you want people to sugar-coat things and placate, you won't find that at VJ.  The situation in Venezuela is serious, and I was simply suggesting you make sure you're informed and aware of what is happening.

Of course you can contact your representatives, although US representatives have little control over unstable political situations in other countries.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Call the embassy again tomorrow and ask if this will delay the process. They can give you better answers.

Timeline

Sir, I am well aware that they have no power over unstable political situations. You think I am stupid? The fact is that the embassy has her and her son’s passports. I want to know what is going to be done with them! THAT the U.S. government agencies DO have control over!!!!

Timeline

I doubt they will answer the phone and I am positive that they will tell me nothing. No one will know anything. You would think they would have action plans in place for situation like this when they are in possession of people’s passports. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
5 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Incorrect.  K-1s are only valid for six months from the date of the medical, not 6 months from visa issue date.  Lots of VJ members whose AP went on for months had to get a new medical because of this.

Nope. 

If you see the USCIS website regarding K1 visas you would see that this is incorrect. See the attached screenshot (under number 4) and the website (https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/visas-fiancees-us-citizens)... the K1 visa is valid for six months for a single entry from the date of issuance. That means that from the date of issuance on the visa, you have six months to arrive to the United States. As soon as you enter the U.S., the visa becomes void as you will have used your only entry permitted on the visa. 

While there is a time frame in which the medical examination becomes void, this has nothing to do with the period of validity of the visa itself. This is the period of validity of the medical examination that you will need to submit with AOS after marriage.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 9.23.44 PM.png

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.