old-fella

Freaking Out Since last Evening | Advise

21 posts in this topic

Last night after i dropped my wife at the airport and was driving back home, I may or may not have received a ticket. 

What happened 

I know there was a photo light traffic. As I was approaching it, it was green but when I approached it turned yellow and i couldn't slam the break coz that would have caused more issues. next, to me, there was another car and we both went through the light. right behind me was another car which also went through.  I was like less than 4 yards before completing the cross, I see this big flash. Now I don't know whether it is for me, for the car on the parallel lane or for the car behind me. 

Question:

• Let's say if they send me the ticket. I will pay it right away but do you think it will show as negative for my naturalization (2 more years before I apply for thou)
  • Is there a way to find out if I was issued a ticket from last night? Like can i call anyone in DMV or is there an online site where i can check. 

Any Advise my VJ Folks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, old-fella said:

Last night after i dropped my wife at the airport and was driving back home, I may or may not have received a ticket. 

What happened 

I know there was a photo light traffic. As I was approaching it, it was green but when I approached it turned yellow and i couldn't slam the break coz that would have caused more issues. next, to me, there was another car and we both went through the light. right behind me was another car which also went through.  I was like less than 4 yards before completing the cross, I see this big flash. Now I don't know whether it is for me, for the car on the parallel lane or for the car behind me. 

Question:

• Let's say if they send me the ticket. I will pay it right away but do you think it will show as negative for my naturalization (2 more years before I apply for thou)
  • Is there a way to find out if I was issued a ticket from last night? Like can i call anyone in DMV or is there an online site where i can check. 

Any Advise my VJ Folks

If ticketed you would receive it in the mail most likely. Probably no way to check.

A simple traffic ticket shouldn't have any affect on you or your eventual naturalization.

My husband has received two tickets in a few months time awhile back and he was able to get them "dropped" by completing a defensive drivers course.

When/If you get the ticket you can pay it or even go to the court and try to see if you can get some grace about it being a first offense.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Just now, Ben&Zian said:

If ticketed you would receive it in the mail most likely. Probably no way to check.

A simple traffic ticket shouldn't have any affect on you or your eventual naturalization.

My husband has received two tickets in a few months time awhile back and he was able to get them "dropped" by completing a defensive drivers course.

When/If you get the ticket you can pay it or even go to the court and try to see if you can get some grace about it being a first offense.

i know i was not wrong but i dont want to do tango with Law. I dont mind paying it and be done with it (if i get the ticket). Question is If i do does it sounds i am guilty?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 minute ago, old-fella said:

i know i was not wrong but i dont want to do tango with Law. I dont mind paying it and be done with it (if i get the ticket). Question is If i do does it sounds i am guilty?

No one can tell you since no one here witnessed it.

Just relax.  Pay the ticket IF you get one.  

You are freaking yourself out for no good reason.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, old-fella said:

No it will just be a "no contest" plea basically and fine paid. 

If you can get the option to have it "dropped" though, take it, then it shouldn't affect your car insurance rate.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They will start deportation process against you................................jk. I think a simple traffic infraction is one of the few offences that should not have any impact on your immigration. However if you don't pay the ticket in time I think there could be consequences.  

Edited by Ahoy01
typo

1 minute ago, Ahoy01 said:

They will start deportation process against you................................jk. I think a simple traffic infraction is one of the few offences that should have any impact on your immigration. However if you don't pay the ticket in time I think there could be consequences.  

either your sense of humor is way above my intellect or you misssed few words whiile you type. In any case, i got the message 

you guys are awesome as always 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, old-fella said:

either your sense of humor is way above my intellect or you misssed few words whiile you type. In any case, i got the message 

you guys are awesome as always 

Haha I missed a word. There it is corrected below.

8 minutes ago, Ahoy01 said:

They will start deportation process against you................................jk. I think a simple traffic infraction is one of the few offences that should *not* have any impact on your immigration. However if you don't pay the ticket in time I think there could be consequences.  

Just now, John & Rose said:

Speaking from experience...they ticket the vehicle.  They don't know who was driving.  If you pay the $100 right away it doesn't even show up as a ticket.  I get my son's since I co-own the car with him.  I've also had half a dozen myself!  No worries.  Just pay it and it goes away.

i remember the scene from Big Bang theory where Sheldon drives penny to hospital for her arms and runs light and they send the ticket with picture of sheldon driving it. I know it is tv series but all night long i was thinking they will send me ticket with picture of me 

And i was worried how shitty i must look coz its late night and i was in my PJ and with my long goldie lock hair i must look crazy.. And they would go "YES HE LOOKS CRAZY WE SHOULD GIVE HIM TICKET.  🔨

Now i can breathe and focus at work

6 minutes ago, old-fella said:

i remember the scene from Big Bang theory where Sheldon drives penny to hospital for her arms and runs light and they send the ticket with picture of sheldon driving it. I know it is tv series but all night long i was thinking they will send me ticket with picture of me 

And i was worried how shitty i must look coz its late night and i was in my PJ and with my long goldie lock hair i must look crazy.. And they would go "YES HE LOOKS CRAZY WE SHOULD GIVE HIM TICKET.  🔨

Now i can breathe and focus at work

Yes, relax. I have had probably 6-7 tickets before I was naturalized (3-4 speedings, 1 failure to wear seat belt, 1 failure to have car inspection, and a couple other things I don't remember), a few red light tickets (like the one you might or might not have) and GOD KNOWS how many parking tickets ( I work at a University downtown of a medium size city, parking is a big problem and let's just say the campus police is a little bit on the aggressive side of giving out parking tickets). I was naturalized in 2017, no problem. Did not even have to disclose, because guess what, on the N-400, you only have to disclose convictions EXCEPT minor traffic infractions. Only traffic offenses in the territory of DUI, DWI will get you in troubles.

Oh yes. There will be a picture and even a video. It is still sent to the owner of the plates. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
37 minutes ago, old-fella said:

Paying the fine is considered an admission  of guilt yes. The main problem with this is that it will go onto your driving record and raise your insurance costs. Most counties offer a deferred decision option where you pay an administrative fee.. for my husband it was exactly the same $ as the fine .. but if you have no more violations for a set period.. his was 90 days.. then the offense is not recorded, it doesn’t go on your driving record  and your insurance isn’t affected. Still need to report the traffic violation on N400, and how it was dealt with, so keep all the paperwork to demonstrate the deferred action outcome 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.