payxibka

Refused

144 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Are you talking about the CR-1 back in December?   That denial was soooo out of line, they should have gotten a 221g for a co-sponsor .. luckily they listened and got that handled instead of rolling over.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, boris64 said:

WoW!!   Bad move with the embassy having a change of heart and issuing the visas .. .the CO during the interview read her correctly  and was right to deny ..  

Feel sorry for the guy.  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, Hank_ said:

WoW!!   Bad move with the embassy having a change of heart and issuing the visas .. .the CO during the interview read her correctly  and was right to deny ..  

Feel sorry for the guy.  

Wow that's crazy. With some of the bad news bringing brought to the fore front as of late, hope my Fiancees interview goes well on the 14th. All you can do it pray you get a CO on a good day I suppose

Timeline
9 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Wow that's crazy. With some of the bad news bringing brought to the fore front as of late, hope my Fiancees interview goes well on the 14th. All you can do it pray you get a CO on a good day I suppose

As long as you have all the required documents and your fiancee knows you very well (where you work & what you do, where you live, even what you drive) it should be a breeze.  Most interviews are 3-5 minutes long.

And yes there are some COs that are very difficult.  My wife had a guy, but in the window next to his was a woman and she would yell and was nasty to the Filipina ... it was a YIKES! moment when we heard her.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

As long as you have all the required documents and your fiancee knows you very well (where you work & what you do, where you live, even what you drive) it should be a breeze.  Most interviews are 3-5 minutes long.

And yes there are some COs that are very difficult.  My wife had a guy, but in the window next to his was a woman and she would yell and was nasty to the Filipina ... it was a YIKES! moment when we heard her.

Absolutely we will. She is already going out and getting all the Docs. etc. She knows all of that and more for sure! No age gap as well (since this may be an issue as of now) so thats good. Just pray she gets a good CO, Wish I could be there 😕 

Timeline

I don't believe age gap is suddenly an issue.  I know of too many with age gaps that got their visas (recently).      The recent situation is not a case of age gap only.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, the totality of the situation.   Two prior petitions (only one resulted in a visa but more than12 years ago).  Recent divorce (but only because it took 2.5 years to reach a settlement), significantly higher than average income (they specifically asked for the affidavit).  She knew all about this including relevant dates.  She knows what kind of car I drive.   She was never asked to provide any relationship evidence that she had prepared. She simply froze when asked a question she did not understand.  There are no ineligiblilities present in our case.  And yes, she drew the lady CO who treated her with little or no respect. 

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Yes, the totality of the situation.   Two prior petitions (only one resulted in a visa but more than12 years ago).  Recent divorce (but only because it took 2.5 years to reach a settlement), significantly higher than average income (they specifically asked for the affidavit).  She knew all about this including relevant dates.  She knows what kind of car I drive.   She was never asked to provide any relationship evidence that she had prepared. She simply froze when asked a question she did not understand.  There are no ineligiblilities present in our case.  And yes, she drew the lady CO who treated her with little or no respect. 

They denied her for freezing on that one question? That seems harsh....I wonder how many get denied with the USC present. 

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, boris64 said:

They denied her for freezing on that one question? That seems harsh....I wonder how many get denied with the USC present. 

I don't know.   This is based on snippets of information because when she approached the window she was so nervous she was hardly able to walk and doesn't remember everything (or it is slowly coming back)

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

I don't know.   This is based on snippets of information because when she approached the window she was so nervous she was hardly able to walk and doesn't remember everything (or it is slowly coming back)

R is the same way. When I asked her to marry me she couldn't speak for 15 minutes))) I truly wonder if the CO's there have any familiarity with the culture of the people they are dealing with....

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:01 PM, payxibka said:

I think I know the lady CO whom you are talking about, She has a scowl on her face and looks like she hates life.  When I did my interview I was watching the CO do their job and said to myself I hope I don't that old hag.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:43 AM, Chris Duffy said:

I am shocked your visa was refused.

Can you elaborate on what part was misunderstood?  Or send a PM?  

I've heard of others getting tripped up on the "What do you have in common" question.  I don't think that is a typical filipino way of stating that. I actually warned my wife about that question.  She will answer that we both love music and even the same type.  Most important thing we have in common is we love each other.  

I think a hesitation with that question is the reason they were refused.  The CO is trying to establish commonality and the beneficiary  doesn't really understand the question.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 1/27/2019 at 6:43 AM, Chris Duffy said:

I am shocked your visa was refused.

Can you elaborate on what part was misunderstood?  Or send a PM?  

I've heard of others getting tripped up on the "What do you have in common" question.  I don't think that is a typical filipino way of stating that. I actually warned my wife about that question.  She will answer that we both love music and even the same type.  Most important thing we have in common is we love each other.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.