shizac

Joint Sponsor Documents upload issue on CEAC

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi All,

My husband is residing in Lahore, Pakistan right now and he passed his interview in October, 2018. The visa officer did not issue the visa and asked for a JointSponsor to be uploaded on CEAC website.

We informed the embassy that the portal once submitted would not allow any "sponsors" to be added or deleted. There was an option before we submitted the documents for the interview but after the interview it is that we can only add supporting documents for EXISTING SPONSOR on the portal.

The embassy is not the best at communication with us, it takes them weeks to respond and its usually vague. We finally got US TRAVEL DOCS to submit the joint sponsor for us and weeks after the embassy emailed us a one line demand to RESUBMIT "correctly filled I864", we are trying to reach them again through email and calls, they are not taking the document through any other means now. They keep asking us to submit it through CEAC web portal regardless of knowing that the portal is not  allowing us to ADD A JOINT SPONSOR. We uploaded it in the supporting documents area for the petitioner which was the only way to upload anything at all on the website, they emailed us weeks after saying to UPLOAD IT IN THE CORRECT TAB. The portal DOES NOT allow adding joint sponsor at this stage and we fail to understand: Where is that magical correct tab?

Us Travel docs is also asking to upload it when there is just no way to upload it. Did anyone else go through this? Kindly help. Please. The embassy has kept his passport for 3 months now.

Many thanks in advance!

24 minutes ago, shizac said:

Hi All,

My husband is residing in Lahore, Pakistan right now and he passed his interview in October, 2018. The visa officer did not issue the visa and asked for a JointSponsor to be uploaded on CEAC website.

We informed the embassy that the portal once submitted would not allow any "sponsors" to be added or deleted. There was an option before we submitted the documents for the interview but after the interview it is that we can only add supporting documents for EXISTING SPONSOR on the portal.

The embassy is not the best at communication with us, it takes them weeks to respond and its usually vague. We finally got US TRAVEL DOCS to submit the joint sponsor for us and weeks after the embassy emailed us a one line demand to RESUBMIT "correctly filled I864", we are trying to reach them again through email and calls, they are not taking the document through any other means now. They keep asking us to submit it through CEAC web portal regardless of knowing that the portal is not  allowing us to ADD A JOINT SPONSOR. We uploaded it in the supporting documents area for the petitioner which was the only way to upload anything at all on the website, they emailed us weeks after saying to UPLOAD IT IN THE CORRECT TAB. The portal DOES NOT allow adding joint sponsor at this stage and we fail to understand: Where is that magical correct tab?

Us Travel docs is also asking to upload it when there is just no way to upload it. Did anyone else go through this? Kindly help. Please. The embassy has kept his passport for 3 months now.

Many thanks in advance!

I never did upload anything documents online tho CEAS Web portal when Embassy request for joined sponsor documents , I send them tho mail service   , I am talking about back in 2013 , after Submit documents 65 days issued my visa tho biometric with finger print , Hope someone can answer your question , good luck  

Edited by bestluck

Timeline
4 minutes ago, bestluck said:

I never did upload anything documents online tho CEAS Web portal when Embassy request for joined sponsor documents , I send them tho mail service   , I am talking about back in 2013 , after Submit documents 65 days issued my visa tho biometric with finger print , Hope someone can answer your question , good luck  

Hi there, Thanks for your input! Did you send them through the  Visa Services Department,
PIA Main Office, #33, The Mall, Arbab Road, Peshawar ?

I hope someone can help me out here.

2 minutes ago, shizac said:

Hi there, Thanks for your input! Did you send them through the  Visa Services Department,
PIA Main Office, #33, The Mall, Arbab Road, Peshawar ?

I hope someone can help me out here.

Yes , Thats where i go and submit my application documents After they issued my visa the guy were asking me to buy him Baydani sweet i brought him one lol

Timeline
Just now, bestluck said:

Yes , Thats where i go and submit my application documents After they issued my visa the guy were asking me to buy him Baydani sweet i brought him one lol

LOL good for him!  I used the location in Lahore for sending the Joint Sponsor too. I think I will have to send this form through them too. I don't know why they keep saying on the email to upload it on ceac portal.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, bestluck said:

A Quick question for you: What was your status online before submitting the documents, was it "Administrative Processing" ?

1 minute ago, shizac said:

A Quick question for you: What was your status online before submitting the documents, was it "Administrative Processing" ?

Yes It was Administrative process until they call me for finger print in embassy after 2 days issued my visa get my passport in 3 days . 

Timeline
1 minute ago, bestluck said:

Yes It was Administrative process until they call me for finger print in embassy after 2 days issued my visa get my passport in 3 days . 

Ok, there is hope then I guess. How long did they keep your passport after the interview?

Thanks!!

5 minutes ago, shizac said:

Ok, there is hope then I guess. How long did they keep your passport after the interview?

Thanks!!

Depend on case every case is different tho embassy level  they put me longest time in AP , so hopefully you get visa soon 

Edited by bestluck

Timeline
1 hour ago, bestluck said:

Depend on case every case is different tho embassy level  they put me longest time in AP , so hopefully you get visa soon 

Ok, that sounds hopeful, thank you!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, shizac said:

Hi All,

Many thanks in advance!

Same the case with us, we were F4 category we submitted those documents in Additional AOS Supporting Documentation of Petitioner which were accepted by Embassy but unfortunately our case is still in AP for unknown reasons how ever Joint sposnor was accepted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, shizac said:

the portal is not  allowing us to ADD A JOINT SPONSOR. We uploaded it in the supporting documents area for the petitioner which was the only way to upload anything at all on the website, they emailed us weeks after saying to UPLOAD IT IN THE CORRECT TAB. The portal DOES NOT allow adding joint sponsor at this stage and we fail to understand: Where is that magical correct tab?

Hi there. We had a similar situation and lots of other people are facing the same now a days. But the only difference these cases (including mine) and your case is that we faced the issue before interview (at NVC stage) while you're facing it afterwards. IMO, it doesnt make much of a difference. 

What I can tell you is that solution to your problem is going to come from NVC and not the consulate. So you call NVC and request them to reopen the add a joint sponsor tab for your CEAC portal. 

Timeline
On 1/23/2019 at 11:45 PM, Raza Hasan said:

Same the case with us, we were F4 category we submitted those documents in Additional AOS Supporting Documentation of Petitioner which were accepted by Embassy but unfortunately our case is still in AP for unknown reasons how ever Joint sposnor was accepted.

ok, wow, how long has your case been in Administrative Processing? Did you call the Embassy to ask why? Are you past the interview stage? 

Sending you best wishes for your case, cheers!

Timeline
On 1/24/2019 at 12:29 AM, ddy51 said:

Hi there. We had a similar situation and lots of other people are facing the same now a days. But the only difference these cases (including mine) and your case is that we faced the issue before interview (at NVC stage) while you're facing it afterwards. IMO, it doesnt make much of a difference. 

What I can tell you is that solution to your problem is going to come from NVC and not the consulate. So you call NVC and request them to reopen the add a joint sponsor tab for your CEAC portal. 

Hi! thanks for writing to me. 

I did call NVC here and after 45 mins of being kept on hold, they said that after the interview the local embassy handles the case and they don't have controls over it. I tried to push them for help but they did not offer any help whatsoever and told me to contact the embassy. The reason they gave me was that after the interview, they are off the case which makes no sense because they can still remotely control the web portal, right?

Was your issue resolved? Did you get the visa? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.