John & Rose

CR-1 Petition Approved!

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I have set up the text/email updates with the 1145.  I get texts and emails every other Thursday stating that they are still processing.  I don't remember if this week is the update or next week is.

I realize that we are still months away but I wasn't expecting NOA2 until May.  I have to get my head screwed back on now.

Maybe 2 months or so at NVC once they have the case file.

Do remember that once NVC has scheduled your interview and your case file is at the embassy you can reschedule to an earlier date if you want.

Earlier Appointment Scheduling
If you case file is already at USEM, you could schedule an earlier interview appointment.

"Immigrant Visa applicants who already have an interview appointment scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC) should refrain from scheduling an earlier appointment through the Visa Information and Appointment Service Center without first checking to make sure Embassy Manila has the physical case file.
While we are happy to accommodate earlier appointments, we are only able to do so when we have already received the physical case file from the NVC. When the physical case file is either still with the NVC or in transit to Embassy Manila, we are unable to grant earlier appointment dates. This is because we need the physical case file to conduct an effective visa interview."

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Maybe 2 months or so at NVC once they have the case file.

Do I start calling in two weeks to get the MNL#?  I seem to remember it was about 2 weeks between USCIS and NVC.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Do I start calling in two weeks to get the MNL#?  I seem to remember it was about 2 weeks between USCIS and NVC.

Why?   You don't need the MNL# for anything except the medical and you will need the NVC letter for that (which is a few months away).

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Why?   You don't need the MNL# for anything except the medical and you will need the NVC letter for that (which is a few months away).

I was going to pay the MRV to get that out of the way.  Do I use the YSC# for that?  I was also going to start uploading the backup.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

42 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes ,you will need the MNL# to access the DS261 form. Then pay the AOS (Affidavit of Support) Fee and the Immigrant Visa fee. 

The MRV applies to K1 I believe not for CR1 unless there's a change in the process.

2 minutes ago, Noe&Estella said:

Yes ,you will need the MNL# to access the DS261 form. Then pay the AOS (Affidavit of Support) Fee and the Immigrant Visa fee. 

The MRV applies to K1 I believe not for CR1 unless there's a change in the process.

I think you are correct.  I still have to get K-1 out of my head.  This is new territory again.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

I think you are correct.  I still have to get K-1 out of my head.  This is new territory again.

I had the same confusion before about the MRV but maybe because I watch too much YouTube K1 process videos lol as there's not much about CR1.That's before I found out about VJ. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I was going to pay the MRV to get that out of the way.  Do I use the YSC# for that?  I was also going to start uploading the backup.

You pay that to NVC .. they schedule the interview.   They will let you know to send the money .... government never forgets about the $$$$$

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1145 only did intial text and email. You need an account to get more

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

6 minutes ago, NikLR said:

1145 only did intial text and email. You need an account to get more

I have an account. The old site still says received. The new site has all three approved. I have accounts on both sites. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I have an account. The old site still says received. The new site has all three approved. I have accounts on both sites. 

Ah okay.... 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

4 hours ago, Lagertha said:

Wow it's so good to hear you guys are finally approved .. Congratulations 😍😍

Thank you!

IMG_5168.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Just saw your post

Congrats

That was a pretty long Visa Journey for you

I’ve enjoyed it so much that I wanted to do it again!!!  LOL

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.