Dinheru

No IRS Tax

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am applicant, my Wife is in the US, filing CR1, Case is at NVC now.

I got a few questions regarding tax.

My wife never filed a tax return, since she was earning below the required amount. the years after we met abroad and did not have an income either

At the moment she has a fulltime steady job, earning more than enough. (approx 2-3 times the required norm

We wrote a statement when she was here with me over the holidays she didnt have tax history, supported with current pay slips and employment letter.

At this moment she got her W2, and probably during my interview she will have a tax record from 2018, 

Can I still obtain a IRS if she never filed taxes? Is there no data? Or does it say she has no data?

How does this work when filing? Do I still have to upload a tax return? WHat do I upload in the designated spot?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your wife needs to write a simple letter and sign it. 

Following is an example.

I certify that I was not required to file US tax returns for 2015, 2016, and 2017 because I had no income (or my income was under the amount requiring me to file).

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, Dinheru said:

Okay, just to make sure.

We already have that letter and signed. I was more thinking about the upload boxes in NVC

If she has filed her tax return for 2018, then you will include it with the I-864.  If not, you will take it to the interview.  Either a complete copy of the federal tax return, OR an IRS Tax Return Transcript will do.  A W2 by itself, means nothing until it becomes PART of a complete copy of a tax return.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.