angmig

Have green card - DMV won't give license

37 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, angmig said:

@Cyberfx1024

Yes. I was honestly did not think the Reddit would get many replies at all since it's not really a popular subReddit. Being that reddit is a little more casual/quicker, I posted it there as well since I usually post to VJ. It may have been overkill, but it was a bit of a kneejerk reaction as this license situation piled on top of another bad one and I was flustered yesterday and my hubby was already attempting to make an infopass appt for next Monday and I was seeing what info we could get and if that was necessary atm. The combined info has been very helpful to me however! :)

Ok, I responded to your reddit as well. I do see some cross posting from there to here but usually refrain from posting unless it is a valid issue like yours because of all the bs posts there. 

So if I were you I would refrain from posting there and just use VJ.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

26 minutes ago, NikLR said:

there's an immigration reddit?!?!

Yeah there is but it is hardly any good. There is only one active Moderator who is trying to patrol the subforum but has admitted to being overwhelmed. So pretty much alot of it is if the VJ CEHST forum had a little brother that is 5 times worse. They allow people to pretty much spam the forum with articles about this administration is so bad in regards to immigration with little discussion at all. 

Needless to say I got banned in that forum for questioning the Mod and how they allow so much stuff to go on. So I created another account under this screen name so I can post in that forum. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/immigration/

The people that questioned the mod and got banned from Immigration created AskImmigration. They usually work for USCIS and CBP so it's nice to get a different perspection on things. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/askimmigration/

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Hello. My husband and I went to another DMV this morning, confident that our SAVE case was going to be helpful. They did the whole process over again, took his picture and everything. And then the very last step, they said his status was still not changed in the system and to call Immigration. So we left, called USCIS and spoke to a tier 2 officer and they told us he is all clear and updated in their system. So we are going to try to get through to SSA and see if we missed a step somewhere trying to update them in the loop that his status is now perm resident/GC. Fingers crossed that is all we need to do and it will fall into place.  Even though we showed our local SS office his green card, they must have just not updated it because they are super inefficient. My understanding is that DHS/SSA are connected and that the DMV gets info from running the SSA/DHS system or e-verify. 

This may also be related to the recent shut down and that he may not have been updated in the system because we got his GC in December 2018 and the shut down started Dec. so the timing could have just been bad luck. We are just very fed up playing phone tag and each dept. blaming the other. I just wish there was a better way for USCIS to be in contact with SSA/DMV/etc because we really can't do anything through USCIS anymore bc they said it's DMV's problem and they told us an Infopass appt is not necessary. 

I will hopefully have a good news update soon. :(  Thank you all for your replies, you have all been so helpful! Fingers crossed that our case works out soon and maybe this thread could be useful to someone else in the future.   

Edited by angmig

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Moving Here and Your New Life, from AOS Family K1/K3 - The OP is having DMV issues.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hello!

*Please see attached images and let me know if you think I should delete them or not?* 

I have a bit of an update but I can't even find a topic about this on forums sigh. My husband went back to SS office bl and requested his SS card again which they still have not given us, they printed another letter stating his ssn number is valid. So, my husband went back to the DMV and they entered him in the system and these are the error messages that they have. My husband successfullly ajusted status in December 2018 and his green card, passport, and EAD card all have his correct name. My husband has a double first name and a double last name. When pulled in the system, the FDLIS Request pulls his name correctly, but the VLS response his second name is also shown as his middle which is completely stupid. 😡 so therefore his name isn't "matching up"...VLS also says he is EAD and waiting to adjust status but the number they are running is his green card!! We called USCIS and they said he's in their system and I just don't see how they have his name correct on his green card, is USCIS at fault or someone else? We're probably going to schedule an infopass but I was hoping if anyone had any clues, please let me know. We're beyond frustrated, how do we correct his name?? 😨 Thank you...

19-02-01-19-56-59-690_deco.jpg

19-02-01-19-56-12-259_deco.jpg

19-02-01-19-55-53-980_deco.jpg

19-02-01-19-56-34-252_deco.jpg

Edited by angmig
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, angmig said:

Hello,

My husband got his AoS approved and we got his conditional green card in the mail since December 11, 2018. We went to go get his driver's license today and he took and passed the tests but they denied him the license because they said he wasn't in the system!? He already has his EAD, his passport is fine, he has his green card, social security number (they won't send is the dang physical card which maybe this is a part of?) l

Did he go to the SSA office to update his status?

What reason are they giving for not sending a physical SS card? 

How does get know his SSN without a card?

He should be using his green card instead of an EAD.  

Get the SS thing sorted out first.  Having a SS card helps a lot at the DMV 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.