tlatrice70

Engaged but want to enter USA on a Tourist VISA

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
26 minutes ago, tlatrice70 said:

Yes it's exactly a green and white certificate. 

nope then they are legally married so filing a B2 wont work because CBP will find out and if u lie then its a ban and it will mess up their chances with their CR1

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
59 minutes ago, tlatrice70 said:

Her trip to Ghana was to visit him because they were "online dating" while she was there he proposed. I have know doubt that he is frauding her financially because he  does supports her and her kids financially (send her money).

I told her i don't think he can enter the US on a tourist Visa due to the high fraud rate in Ghana also he never mention anything about filling out paperwork. He said all he did was go to the embassy and scheduled his interview!?!?!?!?! (i even side eyed his story) He told her all he needed was a letter of invitation from her when he goes for his interview. 

Bwaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Him sending her money makes it looks like he is paying her for a fake marriage to immigrate to the US.

Invitation are useless.  

Looks like a classic case of marriage fraud.  

3 hours ago, Mrsamoah2018 said:

If the certificate was green and white and long that is Ghana marriage certificate.  If they are married she will file the CR1 on the B2 if he has one CBP wont allow entry and if he apply for one without ties to his country most likely  a denial..seems he tricked ur friend

I can tell you my wife is from Ghana and we found out that her Visa ran out in 2 years and I went to Ghana at the metropolitan office and we were married there 4 years ago and it took me until last year to get her Visa approved to come to the states for permanent status so ;we sure to fill out all the proper paperwork you as the American citizen has to file all paperwork here in the United states 

9 hours ago, tlatrice70 said:

Her trip to Ghana was to visit him because they were "online dating" while she was there he proposed. I have know doubt that he is frauding her financially because he  does supports her and her kids financially (send her money).

I told her i don't think he can enter the US on a tourist Visa due to the high fraud rate in Ghana also he never mention anything about filling out paperwork. He said all he did was go to the embassy and scheduled his interview!?!?!?!?! (i even side eyed his story) He told her all he needed was a letter of invitation from her when he goes for his interview. 

There are NO invitation letters for tourist visas.  That is a myth.  And it is very unlikely given this entire scenario that he will receive a B-2 visa.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline
14 hours ago, tlatrice70 said:

but her fiance assured her the certificate was only an engagement certificate. 

Is this even possible considering it's a possibility immigration will look at their engagement as an official wedding?

Choosing to call your dog a horse doesn’t make it a horse. A dog is a dog is a dog. A marriage certificate is a marriage certificate. She’s married. That said Ghana is country where anything goes and I can produce a legitimate death certificate while I am alive and walking around. I should know, that’s where I am originally from.

So to answer your question, they’re married and if he fills out his visa application as unmarried, it’s fraud. That said the probability it’s ever found out (without them admitting it themselves or committing a blunder) is almost nil.

The choice is theirs to do what is right, or what is convenient. I won’t sermonize.

I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,

Neither are you here to live up to mine.

I don't owe no one no obligation 
So everything is fine, fine

I said, I am that I am I am, I am, I am

5 hours ago, HonoraryCitizen said:

So to answer your question, they’re married and if he fills out his visa application as unmarried, it’s fraud. That said the probability it’s ever found out (without them admitting it themselves or committing a blunder) is almost nil.

The choice is theirs to do what is right, or what is convenient. I won’t sermonize.

Sermonizing not required. Misrepresentation on DS forms is serious and could lead to a ban. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 hours ago, tlatrice70 said:

you don't just go to the US embassy  and interview

you have to apply online

pay the $160 fee

and then  when receive instructions,   you go to the site to schedule an interview

no one gets into a US embassy without   a letter/even  USC (in african country)   needs to call  and get an appointment unless they have an emergency

and a letter of invitation  is NO GOOD

actually would be just the opposite

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
12 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you don't just go to the US embassy  and interview

you have to apply online

pay the $160 fee

and then  when receive instructions,   you go to the site to schedule an interview

no one gets into a US embassy without   a letter/even  USC (in african country)   needs to call  and get an appointment unless they have an emergency

and a letter of invitation  is NO GOOD

actually would be just the opposite

Good point.  Maybe he's being scammed by one of them fake US embassies.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
20 hours ago, tlatrice70 said:

From what we know he has never traveled outside of Ghana.

He already did long ago....internet. 

I bet his moves are all planned and even even knows about AOS. Why else is he insisting to come over ASAP? Will not be surprised if he has all AOS papers ready to submit by day 2 of being on US soil.

Your friend just got trapped. 

I was waiting for these "asking for a friend threads." Lemme gather my popcorn.

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

3 hours ago, NigeriaorBust said:

I think a good invitation letter should read.   

To whom it may concern    I would like to invite my husband I just met to come to the US to be with me with a visitors visa.  He has already given me a lot of money so the trip is fine.

You meant, “..invite my husband who I just find out I am married to when I thought I was only engaged...”

More  seriously,  OP, yes this is a really serious thing . Does your friend think that someone who tricked her into marriage is trustworthy?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mrsamoah2018 said:

My thing is how did she think it was an engagement certificate? It says on the top in big black letters "certificate of marriage"

that is not the only funny statement]

the one where the man from Ghana sends her money

you can  not send money to the USA from most African countries

and sorry but most in  ghana (like Morocco) do not have a job

the average income is now $2,200 considered  now a middle income country

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.