Lovers4life

Transited visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi my fiance was approved for his k1 first off let me give praise to God for this. I am so very hyper happy for this now some people have brought it to my attention his flight will have a 4 hour layover in Paris will he need a transite visa to connect his flight to the USA any help will be greatful. Another lady and I both think because he will not be leaving the airport he should be fine has anyone on here traveled and has any issues thanks in advance do you know @Greenbaum

27 minutes ago, Lovers4life said:

his flight will have a 4 hour layover in Paris will he need a transite visa to connect his flight to the USA any help will be greatful.

He is fine: https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas/airport-transit-visa Morocco is not listed as a country that needs transit visas.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would be cautious about buying a ticket before he has his visa. My husband couldn't get it from Aramex for 2.5 weeks. I know someone else who's interview was Jan 8th and haven't been able to pick it up. 

Ours changed to "Issued" after 1 week and my husband went to Aramex twice in Casablanca and they told him he had to wait for the text. 

4 hours ago, Lovers4life said:

Hi my fiance was approved for his k1 first off let me give praise to God for this. I am so very hyper happy for this now some people have brought it to my attention his flight will have a 4 hour layover in Paris will he need a transite visa to connect his flight to the USA any help will be greatful. Another lady and I both think because he will not be leaving the airport he should be fine has anyone on here traveled and has any issues thanks in advance do you know @Greenbaum

It really is best not to book the flight until after VOH.  There have been some delays I've seen lately where AP is taking weeks to months to complete.  A 4 hour stopover does not require a visa but make sure that they stay in the airport.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

with a valid visa to the USA you do not need a transit visa at Charles deGaule airport

however a freind purchased tickets thru a cheap internet site and they were not allowed to board the plane in Marrackeh as the tickets were in 2 parts (one to Paris and one they were suppose to pick up in Charles deGaule airport to the USA

so make sure your tickets show all the way to US

Timeline
10 hours ago, Lovers4life said:

I had a layover in Paris, I am Moroccan and I was under J1 visa. As long as the person concerned doesn't leave the airport to catch the next flight then he wouldn't need a transit visa. However, if the layover is in Canada, Moroccans need a transit visa .

Timeline

i would suggest him to call the France consulate, doesn't he need to pass through passport control ? what if the connection flight will be from another Terminal ? i might be wrong but better to be safe and call them, or even send an email and see their answer, take this email with you just in case. 

this email address can help : visas.casablanca-fslt@diplomatie.gouv.fr  

I have a question about Transit in Canadian airport (for sure flights through Canada to the US are the cheapest :) )  I've searched online without a satisfying result : how long does it take to have the visa transit, any fees?

thank you

Timeline
12 hours ago, Selina A said:

I had a layover in Paris, I am Moroccan and I was under J1 visa. As long as the person concerned doesn't leave the airport to catch the next flight then he wouldn't need a transit visa. However, if the layover is in Canada, Moroccans need a transit visa .

Thank you so much for the information 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Don't make any travel plans until he has his passport with the K1 visa in it, in his hands.  Or pay more for a refundable, full-fare ticket that you can change easily without paying a lot for the change fee.  There are often delays in getting the actual visa, so keep that in mind and don't pay for a non-refundable, cheapest ticket making an assumption about when you will have the visa.  Others have done this and had to pay a lot of money for a new ticket.  Make tentative plans and know your options and cheapest airlines or best schedules or whatever, but wait until he has the visa in hand before making final plans and buying a ticket.  Congratulations on the approval!  Soon  you'll be together!

Timeline
9 hours ago, CappuccinoMo said:

i would suggest him to call the France consulate, doesn't he need to pass through passport control ? what if the connection flight will be from another Terminal ? i might be wrong but better to be safe and call them, or even send an email and see their answer, take this email with you just in case. 

this email address can help : visas.casablanca-fslt@diplomatie.gouv.fr  

I have a question about Transit in Canadian airport (for sure flights through Canada to the US are the cheapest :) )  I've searched online without a satisfying result : how long does it take to have the visa transit, any fees?

thank you

apply online at 

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/transit/apply.html

our fee was $7   last summer  /transit visa good for 5 years

ours was approved almost immediately   /i printed out the papr foer him to carry thru the trip

BTW  Canada does US  customs and immigration  so the next flight is considered domestic 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

apply online at 

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/transit/apply.html

our fee was $7   last summer  /transit visa good for 5 years

ours was approved almost immediately   /i printed out the papr foer him to carry thru the trip

BTW  Canada does US  customs and immigration  so the next flight is considered domestic 

Thank you 

4 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

Most Canadian airports with regularly scheduled flights to the US have CBP Preclearance, but not all. Some, like Kelowna International Airport (has multiple daily Alaska Airlines flights to Seattle), don't have CBP Preclearance: https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/ports-entry/operations/preclearance

Timeline
3 hours ago, accumbyte said:

Most Canadian airports with regularly scheduled flights to the US have CBP Preclearance, but not all. Some, like Kelowna International Airport (has multiple daily Alaska Airlines flights to Seattle), don't have CBP Preclearance: https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/ports-entry/operations/preclearance

When i posted on  here that Montreal did the US customs clearance,   another member said all Canadian international  airports did  it

3 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

another member said all Canadian international  airports did  it

They probably haven't traveled from YLW or similar small airports to the US. A 3-star yelp review for YLW (I added the Bold); https://www.yelp.com/biz/kelowna-international-airport-kelowna?hrid=vYKY9y8j7OYHbD0D0KvGcA:

A compact airport with basic amenities like a Tim Horton's, plus rental cars that are parked right next to the terminal. The only drawbacks are that if you're coming in internationally (from the U.S., that is), there can be a line at Canadian customs if a bunch of flights come in at the same time. Similarly, on your way out, the line to clear security can be epic, plus if you're flying to the U.S., there is no customs and immigration pre-clearance here.

Still, there's not much you can expect from a small airport, and YLW generally gets the job done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.