M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone! We had our interview yesterday and it was a slightly stressful process and a whirlwind 36 hours, but now I can officially say we are approved. 

As far as getting in and going through, it was extremely smooth, simple, and efficient. Waiting times weren't too bad -- we were the first couple and waited about 30 minutes for our official interview.

The interview was a bit tough, but standard. I was not allowed to stay in the room. The guy was very stoic, but professional. He asked my fiance how we met, when and where, how he proposed, where he bought my engagement ring at, who of my family lives in Kentucky, what I do, what my fiance does, what work he wants to do in the USA. 

There was a slight issue with paperwork -- even though we have a co-sponsor for the affidavit, they wanted me to fill out the i-134f form and supporting documents, as well. It's a formality, but they couldn't complete the process without it, and we left the embassy neither rejected nor approved. 

We felt... disappointed? scared? confused? angry? worried? But all-in-all, they told us that we would be approved as soon as we turned in that document. 

They were extremely communicative with us and very clear that we can simply submit the forms ASAP via email. So we went home and did just that about 3 hours later, and finally today at about 2:30pm they told us they left his passport with the visa in it at the pick-up location we agreed on. He can pick it up tomorrow.

I will say that the embassy staff was incredibly responsive and helpful to us. They replied to all emails, phone calls, everything, and helped make it significantly less stressful than it might've been otherwise. 

We checked and double checked and triple checked all of our documents to prevent this! But I never knew that even with a co-sponsor, the petitioner needs to submit their financial documents, as well. I hope this post can help prevent others from going through the unnecessary anxiety that we did.

We are extremely happy and excited and making plans to get there. Good luck to everyone else!!!

Timeline
On 2/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, Javier Mera said:

Our case is in transit to the embassy in Buenos Aires and I've received the email from NVC with the official letter. Can my fiancée now start gathering all the p3 requirements or do we need to wait for our case to say Ready instead of In Transit? Also at what point do we start filling out the DS-160?

thanks

These docs are online on the US Argentina embassy website if you want to get ahead of it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
43 minutes ago, lenasophia said:

These docs are online on the US Argentina embassy website if you want to get ahead of it

First congrats on the interview going well! Glad that our peeps are being approved in Buenos Aires :D. 

So I just checked through the ceac tracker again and it says Ready, although the DHL tracker never worked for me. Does this mean that the embassy now has our case and we should get a notification from them? I'm still going to email them asking about this because it sounds like we are good to start getting the paperwork for the P3 packet.

Timeline

I found this pdf files with instructions about what to do next when the packet leave NVC. I found it in the embassy website and it can help to clear out some doubts about documents to gather and the medical exam.  I hope it is helpful.

Congratulations for the ones who got approved!

K1-K3-Instructions-packet.pdf

Timeline
2 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

First congrats on the interview going well! Glad that our peeps are being approved in Buenos Aires :D. 

So I just checked through the ceac tracker again and it says Ready, although the DHL tracker never worked for me. Does this mean that the embassy now has our case and we should get a notification from them? I'm still going to email them asking about this because it sounds like we are good to start getting the paperwork for the P3 packet.

Yup, they emailed us within a week or so!

Congratulations for the new approvals!!!

I'm still waiting for NOA2 from Nebraska. Mine would be an IR1 visa so the process may be a little bit different, but it's great to read your experiences at the Embassy. 

Please let us know later how everything at port of entry goes!

And good luck for the rest of us that keep waiting!

Timeline

@lenasophia thanks so much for sharing your experience at the interview, I´m sure the affidavit thing was very scary! Maybe you can help me out with the sponsor information. Does my fiancé have to send me originals of the sponsor´s citizenship or birth certificate? Is it ok to have copies at the interview day only? I´m scared this could be an issue. What did you do? TIA

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

@lenasophia thanks so much for sharing your experience at the interview, I´m sure the affidavit thing was very scary! Maybe you can help me out with the sponsor information. Does my fiancé have to send me originals of the sponsor´s citizenship or birth certificate? Is it ok to have copies at the interview day only? I´m scared this could be an issue. What did you do? TIA

I got a co sponsor too, and we took a color copy of her passport and a signed color copy of her birth certificate. Since my fiance came with me, we took the wet signature one.

Make sure you take your original birth certificate too.

Timeline
Just now, M and Ed said:

I got a co sponsor too, and we took a color copy of her passport and a signed color copy of her birth certificate. Since my fiance came with me, we took the wet signature one.

Make sure you take your original birth certificate too.

My fiance will not be able to travel for the interview, I have his birth certificate original, my birth certificate but we will not have the sponsor´s original citizenship document. He can send a copy signed and dated, as well as a passport biopage copy signed and dated, is this enough? I´m driving crazy with this. Thanks for answering

Timeline

Guys, one more question about the police clearance in Argentina. Do you know how long the validity of the police clearance record lasts?, want to be sure to send it before expires. TIA!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Guys, one more question about the police clearance in Argentina. Do you know how long the validity of the police clearance record lasts?, want to be sure to send it before expires. TIA!

I think it lasts at least six months, possibly a year. Don´t stress about it

1 hour ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

My fiance will not be able to travel for the interview, I have his birth certificate original, my birth certificate but we will not have the sponsor´s original citizenship document. He can send a copy signed and dated, as well as a passport biopage copy signed and dated, is this enough? I´m driving crazy with this. Thanks for answering

That should do it

Timeline
1 minute ago, M and Ed said:

I think it lasts at least six months, possibly a year. Don´t stress about it

That should do it

Thank you so very much for your help really! ❤️ 

And for everybody here as well, I think tonight I will be able to sleep hahaha! 😃

Timeline

Everything will be fine! You are making sure everything is good!

One question, Were you able to schedule the interview?? Hopefully I'll be receiving the case number soon from NVC 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Thank you so very much for your help really! ❤️ 

And for everybody here as well, I think tonight I will be able to sleep hahaha! 😃

One question, Were you able to schedule the interview?? Hopefully I'll be receiving the case number soon from NVC

Timeline
12 hours ago, andreaam said:

One question, Were you able to schedule the interview?? Hopefully I'll be receiving the case number soon from NVC

No I couldn't there are no abailable dates yet. I sent an email to the embassy asking how to proceed as there are no dates available. They will answer me on March 8, so hope they will open a new date by then, Im still waitting my fiance to send me his affidavit of support

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.