M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Our case is in transit to the embassy in Buenos Aires and I've received the email from NVC with the official letter. Can my fiancée now start gathering all the p3 requirements or do we need to wait for our case to say Ready instead of In Transit? Also at what point do we start filling out the DS-160?

thanks

Timeline

@M and Ed Congratulations finally!! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I was scared but seems to be very simple. I was doubting to choose english or spanish, becase I thought it could be difficult to understand the questions being nervous.

One question, when you schedule your visa interview and where no dates available, how did you pull up the IVR Case # not to creat a nee one each time you want to see if there are new available dates?  Enjoy this moment!! Celebrate and prepair to get married! Yeeeyy!!😄

Edited by Fernanda R Sanz

On 2/2/2019 at 7:16 AM, M and Ed said:

Hey there! I've seen Dr. Grillo. I sent her an email to book an appointment and she replied the next day. If you bring everything to the appointment, you only need to go there once.

It's so cool we're on the same stage. I'll send you a private message so we're in touch :)

Hi guys!! We are no where near the interview stage yet. But since I am in the us (usc) and my husband is in Argentina and he has no computer, I am the one that gets all the info and relays back to him. He is located in Rosario which is pretty far from Buenos Aires. So we are trying to make sure that when the time comes, we know how this whole process works. I will be flying in to attend interview with him. I’ve seen that most have seen Dr. grillo. What needs to be taken to the appt to get everything done in one day and how long before interview is the medical done? Again, because he will have to take a bus into Buenos Aires we need to know if he can return back home same day or stay in hotel in Buenos Aires. Thank you for the help. It’s been hard finding people working with Argentina embassy. 

On 1/21/2019 at 4:10 PM, GoodbyeArgentina said:

I'm still waiting for my NOA2 for IR1 visa.

I'll follow this thread as I would like to know the processing times of the Embassy (I'll probably have my interview on the second half of the year).

Good luck!!!! 

Same here...waiting for NOA2 on CR1 at TSC. Husband is beneficiary, I am the USC. I am very confused in regards to the P1, p3, etc? What are those? I am assuming they are packets? Where do they come from? I read a post below that you have to schedule your own interview? I thought they schedule for you? My concern is because my husband is in another city about 200 miles (approx) from the embassy. We have to carefully coordinate. 

Good luck!! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, mary&felipe said:

You could always email them and ask but since the results aren’t that fast you will definitely need to be there more than just the day of the interview. Maybe you could arrange for them to give you an interview 4 or 5 days after the Dr. schedules you for the medical to be safe and stay in BsAs that week before the IV. Do you have any friends whos home you could stay at? Good luck!

Thank you. yes i think the best is stay in Buenos aires or go twice for be safe. and did you get the police record online or you have to go to the adreess that is in the instructions?

Timeline

Hey guys, I've just realized that after the interview, no one gave us any paperwork. The consultant said the visa was approved and that was it.

I've read that when entering the states we are supposed to hand in a closed envelope or something, but they kept everything at the embassy, including the medical.

Is that ok? I don't even have my vaccine form anymore, they kept everything

Timeline
2 hours ago, M and Ed said:

Hey guys, I've just realized that after the interview, no one gave us any paperwork. The consultant said the visa was approved and that was it.

I've read that when entering the states we are supposed to hand in a closed envelope or something, but they kept everything at the embassy, including the medical.

Is that ok? I don't even have my vaccine form anymore, they kept everything

When I picked up the medical with Dr Grillo, she gave me the xray and vaccenations and told me "dont take this to the embassy, you should give this at port of entry with the medical exam envelope". I read that they should give you a big packet, other times they ship it to you with the visa stamped in your passport. Better if you call the embassy.

Timeline

Hello guys I'm new here lol, I got noa2 February13 after receiving a rfe on Nov 7 and respond on feb 05 😃, my question's that how many days nvc can take to sent those stuff to the us embassy and for the interview anyone have a advice?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

When I picked up the medical with Dr Grillo, she gave me the xray and vaccenations and told me "dont take this to the embassy, you should give this at port of entry with the medical exam envelope". I read that they should give you a big packet, other times they ship it to you with the visa stamped in your passport. Better if you call the embassy.

Did the dhl tracking ever worked for any of you? For Argentina it seems that it doesn't show anything for the shipment of the 19th.

Update: sorry I didn't at all intend to quote on this message lol. Seems that I can't delete it.

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lou&Don said:

Hello guys I'm new here lol, I got noa2 February13 after receiving a rfe on Nov 7 and respond on feb 05 😃, my question's that how many days nvc can take to sent those stuff to the us embassy and for the interview anyone have a advice?

From what I've gathered in other forums it seems that the NVC ships every other Tuesday / Wednesday. The last shipment took place on February 19 and apparently the next will be on March 5. So about every 2/3 weeks they ship. If you get a case number from NVC either this week or next week then it is likely you will make it to the shipment on the 5th.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

From what I've gathered in other forums it seems that the NVC ships every other Tuesday / Wednesday. The last shipment took place on February 19 and apparently the next will be on March 5. So about every 2/3 weeks they ship. If you get a case number from NVC either this week or next week then it is likely you will make it to the shipment on the 5th.

Hope this helps!

Oh okay thx for the info and after that they will send it to the embassy. How many days the envelope could take from the nvc to the embassy like weeks??

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lou&Don said:

Oh okay thx for the info and after that they will send it to the embassy. How many days the envelope could take from the nvc to the embassy like weeks??

Once you get the official letter from NVC either via email or mail it states that it can take several weeks. For some people it has taken 1 day other a few days. Mine shipped on February 19th and the NVC tracker still says in transit so I'm hoping it doesn't take longer than a week 😁

Edited by Javier Mera

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 2/20/2019 at 1:08 PM, M and Ed said:

Hey everybody! Just letting you guys know that we had our interview this morning and it went great.

The process was smooth and simple. Waiting times weren't half bad, pretty straight forward.

My fiancee was there with me but he wasn't allowed in the actual interview. The consul invited him in just to say hi and then asked him to leave.

I started the interview by swearing I was telling the truth and having my finger prints taken.

The consul was serious but proper and professional, not at all rude.

He asked me how we met, when and where. How the relationship developed, how we decided to get married, what we do for work and what our plans are for this year.

I chose to speak English, answered thoroughly and directly and that was it.

It took me at most 5 minutes. He congratulated me, said that my visa would be ready in a week and that was it.

I'm flying on the 7th, entering through Huston with my boy. Wish me luck!

Congratulations, beautiful!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.