M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 hours ago, M and Ed said:

Hey guys! I'm having my interview on Wednesday and I have a big doubt: Do I need to take my ORIGINAL birth certificate with me to the interview? I've already submitted a certified copy with the P3

Thanks!

Yes, take all the originals to the interview if they don't ask for it fine, but if they do and you don't have it that could be an issue. For example we have a sponsor for the affidavit, he can't provide us his original citizenship for the interview, so my fiance legalized a copy for me to have at the interview that replaces the original. Good luck! And please share with us your interview experience, I feel you, I'm so stressed out as well

Timeline

DS 160 fill up form question. Did you have to fill out previous work experience and highschool/University studies? How do you fill out if one of your previous work experience is freelance or self employed?, if you studied at University but did not finish the career, did you also add that information? Please help! Im so scared to do it wrong 😣

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

DS 160 fill up form question. Did you have to fill out previous work experience and highschool/University studies? How do you fill out if one of your previous work experience is freelance or self employed?, if you studied at University but did not finish the career, did you also add that information? Please help! Im so scared to do it wrong 😣

That's so weird. I didn't get ant questions about employment history or education, only current job

Timeline
15 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

That's so weird. I didn't get ant questions about employment history or education, only current job

I definitely choose something different and pulled up other questions than what I've seen on youtube. Will try to relax and take my time to do it right, but Im a bit frustrated and freaked out 😓 thanks by the way!

Timeline

Hi everyone! Im having trouble trying to pay the visa. The instructions say to get into the US departament of state visa appointment service》created account》but it's not offering me a pay option just to schedule an interview...should I move on? Can someone help me out please?

Hello: I have a few questions regarding the whole process, and i hope someone whom already went through it could answer them.

A. I never recieved the instructions letter from the embassy throught the mail, they only sent it to my fiance's E-mail, in the us. Is that ok? Should i wait to get something in the mail?.

B. The website https://ais.usvisa-info.com where you have to register and pay your fee, ask for a case number. I have 3 different case numbers (USCIS, NVC, and the one in the DS-160. Which one should i write in the "new applicant" form?.

C. I have a b1-b2 visa. Once i filled the form, i had to schedule my app for that visa almost 2 months after, because the apps were all taken. Is it the same with the K1?.

D. Which Doctor is better? I have to go to Bs. As. from my hometown and its a 400km drive, and another 400km to come back. Also, can you get your tests done in the same day you get your first appointment?

Thanks! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

We have our interview scheduled for tomorrow, and the embassy called us today to tell us they cannot find our paperwork 😔 We turned in all the copies of everything last Thursday and they can't seem to locate it. I guess worst case is that we will be delayed and won't be able to have our interview tomorrow...

Just wanted to let everyone know, keep an eye out!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, lenasophia said:

Hi everyone! 

We have our interview scheduled for tomorrow, and the embassy called us today to tell us they cannot find our paperwork 😔 We turned in all the copies of everything last Thursday and they can't seem to locate it. I guess worst case is that we will be delayed and won't be able to have our interview tomorrow...

Just wanted to let everyone know, keep an eye out!

UPDATE: They've JUST emailed us to let us know they found our documentation. Ha! They just wanted to test how tough we are. Good luck everyone!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, lenasophia said:

UPDATE: They've JUST emailed us to let us know they found our documentation. Ha! They just wanted to test how tough we are. Good luck everyone!

That must have been scary! No one has contacted us, so hopefully everything goes well. We're having our interview tomorrow too, at 10.30

Timeline
19 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

That must have been scary! No one has contacted us, so hopefully everything goes well. We're having our interview tomorrow too, at 10.30

Us, too! See you there! 😜

Timeline

Wish you the best to all the visajourney palls doing the interview! You're very close to be with your loved ones 😊

Keep us updated with your experiences ❤

Timeline
21 hours ago, JuanL said:

Hello: I have a few questions regarding the whole process, and i hope someone whom already went through it could answer them.

A. I never recieved the instructions letter from the embassy throught the mail, they only sent it to my fiance's E-mail, in the us. Is that ok? Should i wait to get something in the mail?.

Yes it's ok. No you will not get packet3 through regular mail.

B. The website https://ais.usvisa-info.com where you have to register and pay your fee, ask for a case number. I have 3 different case numbers (USCIS, NVC, and the one in the DS-160. Which one should i write in the "new applicant" form?.

The USCIS number is no longer used. Your new NVC case # is your case number. I don't remember which one I used, try with NVC first. 

C. I have a b1-b2 visa. Once i filled the form, i had to schedule my app for that visa almost 2 months after, because the apps were all taken. Is it the same with the K1?.

I can't talk about b1/b2 visas because I have no experience with that.K1 visa appointment works just how the packet3 instructions say. First prepair and send packet 3, then pay the visa fee and you will be able to schedule your appointment, if there are available dates. Up to now there aren't I have sent an email asking how to proceed now on, so I gess they will add new dates soon. If you can schedule the appointment, is 15 days from the day you apply more or less.

D. Which Doctor is better? I have to go to Bs. As. from my hometown and its a 400km drive, and another 400km to come back. Also, can you get your tests done in the same day you get your first appointment?

I schedule medical exams with Dr Grillo, she answers fast through almost every way of communication. I arranged my appointment by what's App chat, she gave me a date 15 days ahead at Trinidad de Palermo. You do your full medical exams that day (X-Ray, Lab tests, shoots if needed and medical interview) and results are hand over by the doctor same day. In my case I could get vaccination papers and XRay, but lab test weren't ready yet, so she offered herself to deliver it personaly at the consulate next day, and she did because the embassy sent me an email saying they got my medical exams. 

Thanks! 

Hope this answers your doubts

Timeline

One question about scheduling the interview date, maybe @M and Ed and @lenasophia can help me out. 

I tried to pay and schedule my visa appointment yesterday, but no days were available. Today I signed in to the dept. Of state visa appointment service and instead of pulling up the information I already added as step 1 and 2, curier data, etc is asking me again to sign up. Is this ok? How did you checked if there were dates available and finally made the visa payment?

TIA!

Timeline
On 2/2/2019 at 12:16 PM, mary&felipe said:

We went with Dra.Grillo. She gave is an appointment for less than 48hours and she gives the test results back that same day. When we went she was missing a result of something so she dropped off the results personally at the embassy the next day. No experience with Kelly sorry

Hello Mary, is hard find people from Argentina in the forum, Im applying for K-1, i was reading the instructions for the interview and i want to ask you if you went to the medical examn before ask for the interview because said that i have to send copy of the medical examn for ask appoinment in embassy, and is difficult since i dont live in Buenos Aires. 

44 minutes ago, lily90 said:

Hello Mary, is hard find people from Argentina in the forum, Im applying for K-1, i was reading the instructions for the interview and i want to ask you if you went to the medical examn before ask for the interview because said that i have to send copy of the medical examn for ask appoinment in embassy, and is difficult since i dont live in Buenos Aires. 

You could always email them and ask but since the results aren’t that fast you will definitely need to be there more than just the day of the interview. Maybe you could arrange for them to give you an interview 4 or 5 days after the Dr. schedules you for the medical to be safe and stay in BsAs that week before the IV. Do you have any friends whos home you could stay at? Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.