M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
19 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

Thanks for the provided information!. I already have a few questions so if you don't mind answering as best as you can I'd appreciate it.

2) In our initial I-129f we provided around 50 photos (10 being from the last meeting in the last two years and the rest about our on going relationship of 5 years). Do you think its a good idea to bring the same amount of photos and maybe some chat logs? If chat logs are a good idea do they have to be translated to English? We are both from Argentina and all chats are in Spanish.

3) I began the affidavit I-134 today and I'm mostly all done with the form but I had a few questions about it:

Thanks again and hopefully I can get these questions cleared out.

First of all congrats Javier! We are all more or less at the same stage. 

Let me try to help you out:

2) I have more or less your same situation, I have an 8 years relationship, my fiance is American but we speak in spanish, he grew part of his childhood in Argentina. We prepaired "evidence of relationship" with pictures since we first met in 2011 until our last met in person in november 2018, also added airlines itineraries, boarding passes, hotel reservations and tickets. Also not required but added the intent to marry from the I129F original petition updated (we signed and dated again to show we keep the commitment as well as a copy of how we met from original packet with date and signatures updated), this is a must for Phillipinos not Argentinians, but I did anyways. 

Then we created the "on going communication" section, here we added our communications since the last conversations we showed to the USCIS packet, so, added what's app facetime calls, what's app call logs, what's app chats, (this is our main way of communication, if you use other or more than one way of communication add as well), we also added what's app chats with my mother and father in law and facebook and instagram chats with my brothers and sister's in law, to show them I have a close relationship with his family in the US and the ones who live in Argentina. We shared a lot in facebook, so also added screenshots of our facebook biographys with friends and family comments of pictures and different kind of posts (this is not a must, but we add eveything we have, in this case to show our relationship is not a secret and everyone we know is involved), also added "presents to one another" he sent me a birthday present with a letter through mail, we'll add Valentine's present as well, and "wedding plans", a picture of our wedding rings we bought when he visited me last year in Argentina, emails organizing what we'll wear for the clerk's office, I designed the invitations so added samples, and plans about my father trip to the US for the wedding, samples of gowns I searched for my fiance and I. For the interview you do not need to translate anything, but if there's something in another lenguage different than english or spanish you have to.

3) I can't help you out with the I-134 form because I'm not the petitioner, sorry. But I can help you with the proof you have to add, we've been talking about this with my fiance, he is almost done with the affidavit as well as our sponsor: 

If you are not self employed is not a must to add bank statements, but we did just in case, but if you are that info is a must.

Then you need:

A. W2 for the last 3 years till present

B. 1040 Forms or IRS transcripts for the last 3 years till present

C. Employment paystubs, 6 months at least

D. Job letter, verification of employment. 

C. Bank statements, at least 12 months.

Extra proof you can add if you have:

A. Savings, stocks,bonds accounts showing market value and proof of ownership (only if you are using assets to meet the minimum poverty line)

B. Real Estate market value and proof of ownership (if you have a home and again using assets to reach poverty line)

C. Identification and proof of legal status (US Passport, greencard, citizenship,etc) this is a must.

Our sponsor is Argentinian with legal US citizenship, so we added a copy of his ID. Hope this helps you out! Good luck!

Edited by Fernanda R Sanz

Timeline

@M and Ed today an Argentinian k1 filler at a facebook group posted she will have her medical february 12 and interview february 20. So she was able to schedule, Are you still having troubles with that?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

@M and Ed today an Argentinian k1 filler at a facebook group posted she will have her medical february 12 and interview february 20. So she was able to schedule, Are you still having troubles with that?

Thanks! We're actually having our interview on the 20 h as well :)

Timeline

Hi guys! Hope you can help me out with the affidavit of support. My fiance has a doubt: Do you guys added 2018 taxes? Is it a must? We have until 2017 and we don't want to be denied at the embassy because of this. What's the best course of action?

TIA!😊

Timeline
On 2/10/2019 at 9:03 AM, Fernanda R Sanz said:

First of all congrats Javier! We are all more or less at the same stage. 

Let me try to help you out:

2) I have more or less your same situation, I have an 8 years relationship, my fiance is American but we speak in spanish, he grew part of his childhood in Argentina. We prepaired "evidence of relationship" with pictures since we first met in 2011 until our last met in person in november 2018, also added airlines itineraries, boarding passes, hotel reservations and tickets. Also not required but added the intent to marry from the I129F original petition updated (we signed and dated again to show we keep the commitment as well as a copy of how we met from original packet with date and signatures updated), this is a must for Phillipinos not Argentinians, but I did anyways. 

Then we created the "on going communication" section, here we added our communications since the last conversations we showed to the USCIS packet, so, added what's app facetime calls, what's app call logs, what's app chats, (this is our main way of communication, if you use other or more than one way of communication add as well), we also added what's app chats with my mother and father in law and facebook and instagram chats with my brothers and sister's in law, to show them I have a close relationship with his family in the US and the ones who live in Argentina. We shared a lot in facebook, so also added screenshots of our facebook biographys with friends and family comments of pictures and different kind of posts (this is not a must, but we add eveything we have, in this case to show our relationship is not a secret and everyone we know is involved), also added "presents to one another" he sent me a birthday present with a letter through mail, we'll add Valentine's present as well, and "wedding plans", a picture of our wedding rings we bought when he visited me last year in Argentina, emails organizing what we'll wear for the clerk's office, I designed the invitations so added samples, and plans about my father trip to the US for the wedding, samples of gowns I searched for my fiance and I. For the interview you do not need to translate anything, but if there's something in another lenguage different than english or spanish you have to.

3) I can't help you out with the I-134 form because I'm not the petitioner, sorry. But I can help you with the proof you have to add, we've been talking about this with my fiance, he is almost done with the affidavit as well as our sponsor: 

If you are not self employed is not a must to add bank statements, but we did just in case, but if you are that info is a must.

Then you need:

A. W2 for the last 3 years till present

B. 1040 Forms or IRS transcripts for the last 3 years till present

C. Employment paystubs, 6 months at least

D. Job letter, verification of employment. 

C. Bank statements, at least 12 months.

Extra proof you can add if you have:

A. Savings, stocks,bonds accounts showing market value and proof of ownership (only if you are using assets to meet the minimum poverty line)

B. Real Estate market value and proof of ownership (if you have a home and again using assets to reach poverty line)

C. Identification and proof of legal status (US Passport, greencard, citizenship,etc) this is a must.

Our sponsor is Argentinian with legal US citizenship, so we added a copy of his ID. Hope this helps you out! Good luck!

Hey sorry to reply back a bit late. Thanks a lot for your descriptive answer. It did help me out with another information that I wasn't taking into account such as the W2 forms. The I-134 doesn't really mention it I believe, but as you are suggesting it would not hurt at all to have them. I think also to be safe I will be printing out IRS transcripts since they are pretty easy to download anyways. Also as you suggested it wouldn't hurt either to bring our intent to marry letters signed and dated again 👍

So I've received the information I need from the bank and I had one more question. On their email with their attachments they told me the following "Please let me know if you are needing an official letter stating your balance". Is this something that we need? I did receive a pdf file with my current balance both pages are signed but it's a digital signature. Could that be a problem for the Officer at the interview? Or the only wet signature that matters is the one on form I-134?

Last but not least, in your Extra proof Item C you mentioned that it's a must to bring identification and proof of legal status? Is that because it's obligatory for the petitioner to be at the interview? That is actually that I had been meaning to ask too, but forgot after doing some research and not finding a definitive answer.

Thanks a lot again for your help! Best of lucks to you both as well!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Hi guys! Hope you can help me out with the affidavit of support. My fiance has a doubt: Do you guys added 2018 taxes? Is it a must? We have until 2017 and we don't want to be denied at the embassy because of this. What's the best course of action?

TIA!😊

From my understanding you only need to provide tax information from the previous years you have filed. So if your interview takes place before you file for 2018 taxes then I'd imagine that providing the years 2015-16-17 would suffice. At least that is how I understand it.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

From my understanding you only need to provide tax information from the previous years you have filed. So if your interview takes place before you file for 2018 taxes then I'd imagine that providing the years 2015-16-17 would suffice. At least that is how I understand it.

In case you are not in this group I would recommend asking here as well.

Timeline

@Javier Mera don't worry, it's ok 😉.

Yes you need the official letter from the bank with the signature made by hand. My fiance got it in person at the bank, it doesn't take long to get it.

The proof of citizenship for the affidavit is, because the sponsor (if you have one) could be anybody but must be American, born in America or with a legal American  citizenship status. If you are the only one doing the affidavit you have to add copy of birth certificate and copy of your  passport biography page, this is to check if your identity match with the documents you have already sent with packet I-129F.

It's not mandatory for the petitioner to be at the interview, but it is very appreciated by the consul. Have in mind the consul may ask you questions at the interview or just interview your fiancee, so if you do attend wit her, learn al the dates and information you've provided such as: when and how you met, date of birth, parents names, when was the last met in person, how you propose to her, etc. 😊

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

In case you are not in this group I would recommend asking here as well.

I'm not sure if got you right, because 2018 taxes are already able to do until april 2019, but means we have to keep on waitting and tomorrow I have the medical exams, Im ready to schedule interview, the only reason I didn't yet is because my fiance didn't send his affidavit yet, because we don't know if it is mandatory to add 2018.

Thanks Im also in the group to check that out, but as this is for US embassy in Argentina I could get info specific for Argentina. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone! Question about the affidavit of support. We have all of the documents but are wondering if we need the original copy of a birth certificate for the co-sponsor, to bring to the interview?

Thanks!

Timeline
2 hours ago, lenasophia said:

Hi everyone! Question about the affidavit of support. We have all of the documents but are wondering if we need the original copy of a birth certificate for the co-sponsor, to bring to the interview?

Thanks!

If the sponsor lets you, get the original at the interview if not a copy signed and dated by hand, this is what we'll do. Hope it'll be fine

Timeline

Hey everyone, today I received a reply from the embassy in Argentina that every document including the i134 can be a photocopy and presented as such at the interview. I will submit screenshots of the email with my questions and their answers later in the day so you guys can take a look in case you are curious.

Cheers!

Timeline

Hi every one! Some of the ones in this group will have the interview the 20 of this month, please share your experience with all of us, Im so stressed out!, next week We'll be sending the packet 3. 

Good luck to everyone! Hope we all pass 😊

Timeline

Hi everyone!! I found this website a couple days ago because I was getting so stressed about the wait (I'm argentinian from Córdoba with NOA1 September 19th) and we finally got the NOA2 letter today with the approval on February 12th! I've been reading all your posts and helped me a lot to know better what to do next! 

Good luck to everyone!!

Timeline

Hey guys! I'm having my interview on Wednesday and I have a big doubt: Do I need to take my ORIGINAL birth certificate with me to the interview? I've already submitted a certified copy with the P3

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.