M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I'm starting this thread for those of us having their K1 interviews in Buenos Aires during the Argentinian summer.

Let's keep each other posted on experiences, doubts, concerns and comments.

Good luck!

Edited by TBoneTX
edited title to say 2019, not 2018

I'm still waiting for my NOA2 for IR1 visa.

I'll follow this thread as I would like to know the processing times of the Embassy (I'll probably have my interview on the second half of the year).

Good luck!!!! 

Edited by GoodbyeArgentina

Hey, we are waiting for Ir1 interview but almost same situation. We finished uploading everything last week and are hoping we get an interview date soon. Is anyone using a Retired sponsor for the I864? Thank you. Good luck to us all

I can tell this thread is pretty dead, like most Argentina ones, but I thought I'd ask. has anyone dealt with the Embassy directly in regards to CEAC? They don't seem to understand that the tab for uploading the Affidavit documents is not working, and Emails are responded days later (usually telling me what I already know "you have to upload I-864" and not realizing that I'm TRYING to do just that but nowhere on the CEAC is it letting me do that. I know calling is impossible to get hold of a human being and showing up at the embassy since my Husband isn't a citizen may very well be futile as well but we HAVE to try. Has anyone been in this situation? I don't know what else to try anymore to get them to realize I cant upload what they are asking me and they don't seem to realize it either. I'm afraid this situation is going to drag on until February and my kids are just heartbroken that Daddy can't be with us as soon as we'd hoped. thank you in advance if anyone has any tips!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, mary&felipe said:

I can tell this thread is pretty dead, like most Argentina ones, but I thought I'd ask. has anyone dealt with the Embassy directly in regards to CEAC? They don't seem to understand that the tab for uploading the Affidavit documents is not working, and Emails are responded days later (usually telling me what I already know "you have to upload I-864" and not realizing that I'm TRYING to do just that but nowhere on the CEAC is it letting me do that. I know calling is impossible to get hold of a human being and showing up at the embassy since my Husband isn't a citizen may very well be futile as well but we HAVE to try. Has anyone been in this situation? I don't know what else to try anymore to get them to realize I cant upload what they are asking me and they don't seem to realize it either. I'm afraid this situation is going to drag on until February and my kids are just heartbroken that Daddy can't be with us as soon as we'd hoped. thank you in advance if anyone has any tips!

Try using Explorer or Firefox

14 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

Try using Explorer or Firefox

Hi! I've gone in with Explorer, Mozilla, Safari, and Chrome. The "Financial Evidence" tab at the top that is next to "Civil Documents" tab is just not a functional tab. Had I known Bypassing NVC would cause this, I might not have done it 😔

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Mexico, Latin & South America regional forum; topic is Argentina specific and multiple visas are being discussed.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

On 1/24/2019 at 12:37 PM, mary&felipe said:

Hi! I've gone in with Explorer, Mozilla, Safari, and Chrome. The "Financial Evidence" tab at the top that is next to "Civil Documents" tab is just not a functional tab. Had I known Bypassing NVC would cause this, I might not have done it 😔

Hi Mary! Did they fix it? Were you able to upload the documents?

4 hours ago, GoodbyeArgentina said:

Hi Mary! Did they fix it? Were you able to upload the documents?

Hey, they did not. My husband showed up at the Embassy on friday and hand delivered everything including the I864s. They told him they would review it and not to “worry about uploading it”. But that was friday morning and no word yet on anything or an email. No idea when he will get an interview, we had an expedite on jan 7th for a good reason and it seems like nothing will get done until this month ends. I’m sad at the lack of communication but hopefully it will be short lived.

37 minutes ago, mary&felipe said:

Hey, they did not. My husband showed up at the Embassy on friday and hand delivered everything including the I864s. They told him they would review it and not to “worry about uploading it”. But that was friday morning and no word yet on anything or an email. No idea when he will get an interview, we had an expedite on jan 7th for a good reason and it seems like nothing will get done until this month ends. I’m sad at the lack of communication but hopefully it will be short lived.

That's a lot of time for an expedite in the final stage! It's good news that they received everything. I hope your husband can schedule the interview soon. 

We heard back today, interview in 2 days 😍 wish us luck, he’s already got his plane ticket miles ready to buy the flight next week. So happy I could cry. Good luck to everyone still waiting I hope its as quick for all of you as well, this process is tough

8 minutes ago, mary&felipe said:

We heard back today, interview in 2 days 😍 wish us luck, he’s already got his plane ticket miles ready to buy the flight next week. So happy I could cry. Good luck to everyone still waiting I hope its as quick for all of you as well, this process is tough

Good luck Mary!!! Finally the end of this process is near for you! Start preparing for the big hug with your husband 😍

Timeline

Hello people! It's good to find a thread about Argentina. I hope more people will join it so we can keep eachother updated.

Right now im trying to get everything ready for the interview. At this point I'm just waiting for my medical exam. With that being said, I'm waiting to get news from Dr. Kelly. I have contacted him on thrusday morning but I have still got no reply. I want to ask if any of you have had contact any of the doctors and if so how it was.

Goodluck to all of us!😊

9 hours ago, Flor Ezcurra said:

Hello people! It's good to find a thread about Argentina. I hope more people will join it so we can keep eachother updated.

Right now im trying to get everything ready for the interview. At this point I'm just waiting for my medical exam. With that being said, I'm waiting to get news from Dr. Kelly. I have contacted him on thrusday morning but I have still got no reply. I want to ask if any of you have had contact any of the doctors and if so how it was.

Goodluck to all of us!😊

We went with Dra.Grillo. She gave is an appointment for less than 48hours and she gives the test results back that same day. When we went she was missing a result of something so she dropped off the results personally at the embassy the next day. No experience with Kelly sorry

Timeline
9 hours ago, Flor Ezcurra said:

Goodluck to all of us!😊

Hey there! I've seen Dr. Grillo. I sent her an email to book an appointment and she replied the next day. If you bring everything to the appointment, you only need to go there once.

It's so cool we're on the same stage. I'll send you a private message so we're in touch :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.