refugee

Actually, the Numbers Show That We Need More Immigration, Not Less

32 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Thanks for calling me out Spooks.  I honestly can't remember where I came up with 56 mil - I was trying to subtract deaths and births for 2018, but obviously I screwed that up (can't seem to find the site I originally got the numbers from).  Let me try again, and this time I won't forget the credible links.

http://www.multpl.com/us-population-growth-rate/table/by-year

.71% X 325 mil (approx) is about 2.3 mil.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/births.htm

Births = 3.9 mil

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Deaths = 2.7 mil

Diff = 1.2 mil.  Add another mil for immigrants, and it is close to first link.

But back to my original point - the us population is growing, not declining.  Even without immigrants, it is positive.   Sure, it is growing at a slower rate than in the 70s.  But still growing. And I dont see how we "need immigrants" to sustain our economy. 

For the record,  I called you out first,  but go ahead and give the patriots fan the call out. Says me.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, refugee said:

For the record,  I called you out first,  but go ahead and give the patriots fan the call out. Says me.

I wasn’t able to take you seriously, since you are taking a break from a site that is not pro-immigration.  

Spooky asked me to provide the stats to back up my claim, which triggered me to go looking again.

You just said I was wrong.  I guess I respond differently to different stimuli.  But kudos to you for noting it first.

Also, 1 million is not one third of 2.2 million.  More like 45%.